Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Old 20-03-2012, 13:02   #1486
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media to Double Broadband Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
they didn't specify that, and neither did i specify that i wanted to get a free upgrade, i just asked i wanted to upgrade my speed to the next highest. So they shouldn't really do that, if they have i wont be happy.
I would have just waited until it happened, it is not as if you needed it.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2012, 16:01   #1487
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
they didn't specify that, and neither did i specify that i wanted to get a free upgrade, i just asked i wanted to upgrade my speed to the next highest. So they shouldn't really do that, if they have i wont be happy.
Ben would know better than me, but I thought that if you asked for an upgrade, then it starts a new contract. But if you had waited, and VM had done it, then your old contract would continue with just a revision. It might be worth checking this.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 16:23   #1488
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Most on demand retiers with no other changes don't start a new contract - the only expception is M/L 10 customers going to 30Mbit

If you get a new bundle along with the retier then it would be a new contract
Old 20-03-2012, 17:16   #1489
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Most on demand retiers with no other changes don't start a new contract - the only expception is M/L 10 customers going to 30Mbit

If you get a new bundle along with the retier then it would be a new contract
Thanks Ben
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 18:31   #1490
Broken Hope
cf.addict

Broken Hope has disabled reputation

So even though my UBR is still on 4 downsteam channels if I call in and request the double speed download upgrade early there's a good chance they will do it, or not?
Broken Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 18:45   #1491
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Hope View Post
So even though my UBR is still on 4 downsteam channels if I call in and request the double speed download upgrade early there's a good chance they will do it, or not?
Can't say as it's literally whether there is capacity or not
Old 20-03-2012, 18:48   #1492
Broken Hope
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Can't say as it's literally whether there is capacity or not
What number do I call to ask about the upgrade and does it tend to be a UK call centre or not?
Old 20-03-2012, 19:03   #1493
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

It's Customer Services, so it'll be whoever it available
Old 21-03-2012, 18:25   #1494
Broken Hope
cf.addict

Just rang them and they didn't even take my account number or any details, just stated there's no way to get the double speed upgrade early and that it has to roll out by dates, judging from others here that's not actually true, but oh well.
Old 21-03-2012, 19:09   #1495
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Just rang them and they didn't even take my account number or any details, just stated there's no way to get the double speed upgrade early and that it has to roll out by dates, judging from others here that's not actually true, but oh well.
Wait till 1st april
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 19:13   #1496
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
i havent trundled through all the posts but have you tried logging in to myvirginmedia to see if it offers you the option to upgrade online?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 19:18   #1497
scrooge
Inactive

scrooge is on a distinguished roadscrooge is on a distinguished road

Just had mine upgraded early (self install pack delivered today), 20Mb to 60Mb. I didn't realise the Superhub was so big!
scrooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 23:32   #1498
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

go through to retentions and they will do it with new prices aswell
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 00:00   #1499
AaronCooper
Inactive

AaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enoughAaronCooper will become famous soon enough

I upgraded from 30mb to 60mb, didn't get a new contract.

My brother upgraded from 20mb to 60mb, he has a new contract. (He already had a superhub)

Go figure.
AaronCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 10:04   #1500
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Cambridge CB24 has had another downstream channel added this morning making it 5 but still only 1 upstream, i was hoping for 8 channels due to high congestion at peak times.

I did have to reboot the shub though as the 5th channel was showing a power level of 47 dBmV before it displayed the normal value.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote