Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | June 8th General Election

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

June 8th General Election
View Poll Results: Who would you vote for on 8th June?
Conservatives 47 48.96%
Labour 24 25.00%
Liberal Democrats 9 9.38%
UKIP 4 4.17%
Greens 2 2.08%
Other 5 5.21%
None, I will Abstain. 5 5.21%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2017, 08:51   #796
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I would extend that to cover some of the mainstream media. The age of responsible journalism is over it seems.

Journalists should hold all politicians to account and not just peddle their corporate owners bile & prejudice.
The amount of personal attacks by the gutter press on Corbyn, must mean the media barons are really worried about their personal wealth. It doesn't seem to be working this time though.....
Even Theresa is asking us to imagine him 'naked', guess she wouldn't shape up too well herself. (mind you, i don't know, the more i think about it .... )

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L View Post

Dave is missing?
Here he is. no photoshop required.
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2017, 08:54   #797
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The amount of personal attacks by the gutter press on Corbyn, must mean the media barons are really worried about their personal wealth. It doesn't seem to be working this time though.....
Even Theresa is asking us to imagine him 'naked', guess she wouldn't shape up too well herself. (mind you, i don't know, the more i think about it .... )
You are right. It is actually very funny that with Corbyn in charge and with TM's 20+ point lead at the beginning we are where we are in the polls.

With the personal attacks, the own goals, the right wing media violently against Labour it is remarkable that they have made the progress they have.

It is making some people worried, so much so they feel they have no choice but to resort to childish, mindless, playground name calling ... hang on ... wait, they have always done that
Old 31-05-2017, 08:55   #798
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

Here he is. no photoshop required.

She only mentioned Corbyn being naked so this pic would come out again.

Old 31-05-2017, 13:02   #799
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Corbyn has confirmed he'll take part in the debate tonight. May still will not: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40105324

Quote:
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn says he will take part in a seven-way BBC general election debate later.

Lib Dem leader Tim Farron, UKIP's Paul Nuttall, SNP deputy leader Angus Robertson, Green co-leader Caroline Lucas and Plaid Cymru leader Leanne Wood will participate.

Theresa May has refused to take part in any debates, so Home Secretary Amber Rudd will be representing the Tories.
Old 31-05-2017, 13:12   #800
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Statement from Corbyn :-
Quote:
I will be taking part in tonight's debate because I believe we must give people the chance to hear and engage with the leaders of the main parties before they vote. I have never been afraid of a debate in my life. Labour's campaign has been about taking our polices to people across the country and listening to the concerns of voters. The Tories have been conducting a stage-managed arms-length campaign and have treated the public with contempt. Refusing to join me in Cambridge tonight would be another sign of Theresa May's weakness, not strength."
Will Theresa show up, or is she a 'Britain's got no Talent' fan ???
Old 31-05-2017, 13:14   #801
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

It's Corbyn and his 'confusion' about his support for the IRA and whether he supported the ceasefire.

https://order-order.com/2017/05/31/t...ira-ceasefire/

This says it all really. Rtaher than being the honest, open, straightforward chap he's fooled some folks into believing he is, Corbyn has consistently lied and equivocated about this. He does not have the UK's interests at heart and cannot be trusted.
Old 31-05-2017, 13:20   #802
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
He does not have the UK's interests at heart and cannot be trusted.
He can be trusted to bother turning up tonight unlike the PM in hiding.
Old 31-05-2017, 13:29   #803
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Corbyn has confirmed he'll take part in the debate tonight. May still will not: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40105324
The issue with TV debates is, that unless someone is an undecided, it's pointless watching them, people who have made their minds up usually are still loyal to their voting intention.

All tonight will be, is a cat fight. It's a hideous arrangement.

I think it is a mistake for May not to attend, but I still forgive her.
Old 31-05-2017, 13:29   #804
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I think TV debates are a waste of time, good for television but a bad way of deciding elections. That said it's poor for May not to turn up just looks bad.
Old 31-05-2017, 13:30   #805
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
He can be trusted to bother turning up tonight unlike the PM in hiding.
I do not trust him with anything. Not with his and his cronies shady pasts with the IRA.
Old 31-05-2017, 13:31   #806
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
The issue with TV debates is, that unless someone is an undecided, it's pointless watching them, people who have made their minds up usually are still loyal to their voting intention.

Yeah I agree. People usually say their side won and even for the few undecideds I don't think they will be swayed by a debate.
Old 31-05-2017, 13:35   #807
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
. That said it's poor for May not to turn up just looks bad.
She might change her mind you know

Brexit - was Remain, now a Leaver
National Insurance increase - oooh, I've changed my mind
Social Care cap - there will be no cap, oh go on then !
Debate tonight - definitely not, ummm then again....

Bet the EU are quaking in their boots waiting for this hard as nails negotiator

Last edited by Mr K; 31-05-2017 at 13:43.
Old 31-05-2017, 13:40   #808
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Amazing really when she is expected to win by a landslide.
Old 31-05-2017, 13:53   #809
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Amazing really when she is expected to win by a landslide.
Cameron did not attend one or more of them in 2015, he still got his party through the door of no. 10 and the polls before this were saying it would be a hung Parliament or Labour would win.... what a farce those polls turned out to be.

I find them pointless. She should go, but I have no issues with her not going to them.
Old 31-05-2017, 14:04   #810
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Cameron did not attend one or more of them in 2015, he still got his party through the door of no. 10 and the polls before this were saying it would be a hung Parliament or Labour would win.... what a farce those polls turned out to be.

I find them pointless. She should go, but I have no issues with her not going to them.
It does contradict her so called strong and stable leadership image which we have heard so much about in the campaign as if she is so strong and stable then she should not be turning them down IMO as l am certainly no lover of Jeremy Corbyn as he is nowhere near PM quality but it seems its Theresa May and her campaign team that are the ones that are rattled and disorganised currently it seems.

So you don't think it will be the predicted landslide which many of the so called experts predict Mick?.