Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 14:04   #601
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emel View Post
That would be an excellent scenario.

Digressing a bit, but still on a positive theme, I have just received a phone call from Virgin. They are increasing my broadband from 20 to 60 meg next week and sending me a free Virgin Superhub, they are also putting me on one of their new collection packages improving my phone package and saving me a bit of money.

All things Virgin are looking up!
Great to hear of your good news regarding your package.
Old 04-05-2012, 14:05   #602
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
If we end up with either 38 or 52 games free in the xl pack, ESPN maintain their commitment to the FA Cup and the Europa League, and we end up with ITV 4 HD, then Virgin will be a very attractive proposition for football fans.
I would be happy with either 38 or 52 EPL live games on ESPN. ESPN are trying hard to make the FA Cup special again, it would be nice to think that the passion for the FA Cup could return to how it was in the sixties and seventies, however, unlikely that seems.
Old 04-05-2012, 14:13   #603
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
If we end up with either 38 or 52 games free in the xl pack, ESPN maintain their commitment to the FA Cup and the Europa League, and we end up with ITV 4 HD, then Virgin will be a very attractive proposition for football fans.
If they do get 38 games or 52 games l think they might need to rebrand ESPN Classic to ESPN2 ( and launch ESPN2 HD ) in 2013.
Old 04-05-2012, 14:17   #604
Emel
Inactive

Services: Tivo, Vplus, TVXL, Sky Sports, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Great to hear of your good news regarding your package.
Cheers Den! It was a very pleasant surprise. Hopefully more folk will get a similar phone call in the near future.
Old 04-05-2012, 14:48   #605
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Cheers Den! It was a very pleasant surprise. Hopefully more folk will get a similar phone call in the near future.
What area are you in ?
Old 04-05-2012, 15:49   #606
Emel
Inactive

Services: Tivo, Vplus, TVXL, Sky Sports, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Emel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of lightEmel is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gba93 View Post
What area are you in ?
Hi. I am in the Nottingham area. Grantham to be exact.
Old 04-05-2012, 15:52   #607
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Highly unlikely with Sky's bottomless pit full of money.
I think with espn they have even deeper pockets than sky maybe sky has met its match with them being disney owned and another company think its hearst corporation.
Old 04-05-2012, 16:07   #608
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
I think with espn they have even deeper pockets than sky maybe sky has met its match with them being disney owned and another company think its hearst corporation.
The problem is though to outbid a dominant player like BSKYB would mean they would inevitably have to hike the price of their subs , don't forget ESPNs main market is in the US , I could be wrong with this assumption but im pretty sure ESPN will be happy to potentially double their live matches they have under their current deal.
Old 04-05-2012, 16:52   #609
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

I agree, if ESPN where to say buy rights to Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 Matches i think it would defo have to go subscription to cover their costs, Al Jazeera are almost nailed on to bid for some of the tiers, so we will have 3 broadcasters.
Old 04-05-2012, 17:03   #610
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Hi. I am in the Nottingham area. Grantham to be exact.
Thanks & good luck with the upgrade - for us the wait goes on
Old 04-05-2012, 17:30   #611
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

Quote:
Maybe this will cheer you up Henke as from what l have heard is there are several big things on the horizon and plenty of small things on the horizon too but please don't ask me any more then that because the source involved did not go into details but was adamant that there is plenty stirring in the wind for the rest of the year.

Big things are sun and moon, small things are stars
Old 04-05-2012, 17:34   #612
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

I think this month is make or break for ESPN they need to get a minimum of 4 pack I feel to make the channel worth keeping, I know they have not been able to do anything until now, but this is there time now to show they can challange Sky

If they can get 4 or more packs then they will almost certainly have to launch ESPN 2 / HD
Old 04-05-2012, 18:39   #613
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicko View Post
Big things are sun and moon, small things are stars
I would not try to get one up on Den over the Universe

PS The Sun is a Star so not small
Old 04-05-2012, 20:35   #614
mikcoles
Inactive

Services: VirginMedia Premier collection.
mikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nice

Quote:
Yes really strange, just had a call from virginmedia american lady offering me upgrade from 20mb to 100mb broadband super hub free install and activation, sky movies added and phone upgraded to talk unlimited for extra £4 a month!!
Old 04-05-2012, 22:27   #615
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

Quote:
We also don't really know the outfall of the Karen Murphy case, which whilst may not have any direct impact on cable, could potentially have an impact on Sky. (Which may reduce the cost of the rights, which would affect cable customers...)
Closed Thread