Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2012, 16:46   #2566
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What 3 are they ?

What about the 3 you told us all about
l only go by what l hear from insiders now whether this is true or not has nothing to do with me but if people want a punchbag to hit then feel free to land a blow.
Old 27-03-2012, 16:51   #2567
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

Having just decided to cancel my newly agreed Sky contract and stay with Virgin Meida, I have to say that I am a little disapointed to hear that. Heh ho

I might add though, with the doubling of BB speeds they may add that they are all ready investing the extra money from the april rises into the service. Doesn't help if you only care about the TV but it may give them more business and therefore more money to invest in the future on a better TV package.
Old 27-03-2012, 16:53   #2568
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l only go by what l hear from insiders now whether this is true or not has nothing to do with me but if people want a punchbag to hit then feel free to land a blow.
I think you are not the only one they will go after on this one.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 27-03-2012, 16:55   #2569
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
No scheduled Channels launches until July on Virgin TV - confirmed.

An Insider has today told me.

NOTE: This information is subject to change at an later date.

NOTE to all followers: Coming Soon to Virgin TV Vol 2 will launch by 5pm on Monday (April 2nd).
That doesn't surprise me.

Given that information then there's little point in launching Coming Soon Vol 2 2012.
Old 27-03-2012, 16:55   #2570
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
With the news you've just posted, I can't help wondering; what's the point?
I start an new Vol. every THREE months and Vol. 2 is set to launch in April.
Old 27-03-2012, 16:56   #2571
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I think you are not the only one they will go after on this one.
What is the point of shooting the messenger, you guys only tell us what you are told in good faith . Whether we choose to believe it is up to us. Over the years I have learnt not to believe until I get a confirmation from VM.
Old 27-03-2012, 16:58   #2572
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I always enjoy reading your views Den keep up the good work I just enjoy pulling your leg
Old 27-03-2012, 17:01   #2573
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I always enjoy reading your views Den keep up the good work I just enjoy pulling your leg
l am here to serve thy master.
Old 27-03-2012, 17:02   #2574
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
What 3 are they ?

What about the 3 you told us all about
I do not know about den but I was told that ITV2 HD, ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD was set to launch in March 2012 by an Virgin Viewer an few weeks back.
Old 27-03-2012, 17:10   #2575
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Aint surprised,Vm clearly have there eye off the tv.Tivo no backing and a price rise,The future dare i say again broadband and phone company only ?

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Quote:
It aint your fault mate,You keep the faith.Getting harder to do thou Matey !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27-03-2012, 17:26   #2576
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
This is not the news that many Virgin TV customers wanted to hear and l myself expected several channels to arrive before April price rises but alas that does not seem to be the case now but l do say one thing and that whoever devised the strategy of bringing us price rises in the next week without delivering extra channels needs to be locked up in the Tower of London and the keys needs to be thrown away as if ever a own goal was scored then they have well and truly put it into their own net big time.
OTOH they are increasing all our broadband speeds

(Yes, I'm a 'glass half-full' kinda guy )

---------- Post added at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
This is not good news and terrible PR.(
Erm... how can it be "terrible PR" as nothing was ever officially announced by a PR in the first place

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Aint surprised,Vm clearly have there eye off the tv.
Well yeah. Apart from launching Tivo Also, the price rises every year, so that's not really an argument for anything,
Old 27-03-2012, 17:26   #2577
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post

Erm... how can it be "terrible PR" as nothing was ever officially announced by a PR in the first place
Read Dens post it is in the context of what he said.
Old 27-03-2012, 17:30   #2578
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

If anyone's keeping track, how many channels have launched in the last year?
personally would rather have had new channels than upping broadband speeds carl !!!!!!!!!
Agree carl nothing was announced,But thought we would have seen something to justify the tv+tivo price increase.I really hope that wasn`t to pay for f1 channel ???????????????

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Quote:
Glasses wipe carl please
Old 27-03-2012, 17:30   #2579
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Okay. Done that. Still don't get it Channels will launch when they can. I don't count the speculation in this or any other thread* or forum as anything like official and anyone who does is an idiot. Therefore VM have not officially announced any new channels via a Press Release, so again, how is this "bad PR"?

(* No offence intended, Media Boy )
Old 27-03-2012, 17:30   #2580
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

If anyone's keeping track, how many channels have launched in the last year?
Yes its great to have a increase in the broadband speeds but alas another price rise has come with it so thou have given with one hand and taketh from the other.