Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WEP Key

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WEP Key

Old 08-06-2007, 11:20   #1
Rapid Dr3am
Inactive

Rapid Dr3am is on a distinguished roadRapid Dr3am is on a distinguished road
WEP Key

I want to find out what WEP key my computer is using for my router. I thought it was a good idea to take the sticker off the bottom of the router and well now I wana add another device.
Rapid Dr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2007, 11:22   #2
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: WEP Key

Log into the router and it should be on one of the menu pages, either security or wifi normally.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:29   #3
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

what xaccers says,

but if its not your router, then that might be a difficult task

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:47   #4
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Do you mean you want to know what the required WEP key to authenticate with the router is? If so, what xaccers said will do it.

Or do you mean you want to know what key has been defined on your PC, to verify that it's what it should be?
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:50   #5
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

the sticker on the bottom of router wouldn't normally have wep key on it as you mostly set that up yourself do you mean its ip or mac address ?
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:31   #6
GeoffW
Inactive

GeoffW has a spectacular aura about themGeoffW has a spectacular aura about themGeoffW has a spectacular aura about themGeoffW has a spectacular aura about them

If you don't know what it is, just get into the router configuration and set it to something that you do know, then apply to all the other wireless PCs.
GeoffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:44   #7
Rapid Dr3am
Inactive

I want a list of WEP keys stored in this computer.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:57   #8
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermevans View Post
the sticker on the bottom of router wouldn't normally have wep key on it as you mostly set that up yourself do you mean its ip or mac address ?
Netgear routers used by SKY broadband do .They come with SSID and Encryption set up for you and they have set their own user and passowrd
Old 10-06-2007, 12:05   #9
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dr3am View Post
I want a list of WEP keys stored in this computer.
http://www.alpinesnow.com/wepkeypassword.shtml
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 00:54   #10
Rapid Dr3am
Inactive

Doesn't show the keys unless I pay for it. I kinda begrudge paying for it. Also I work for VM so I'm poor!
Old 22-06-2007, 08:24   #11
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age

Use this.

Download the Windows version and inside the zip file there will be a file called wzcook.exe. Run that and it should show the wep key on your computer.
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2007, 03:28   #12
christopherw
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BBC iPlayer, Be* ADSL2+ (September 2006 - September 2007), VM XL 20Mb (July 2007 onwards)
christopherw has a spectacular aura about themchristopherw has a spectacular aura about themchristopherw has a spectacular aura about themchristopherw has a spectacular aura about them

Alternatively, you could try going into your wireless config pages (either in your third party manager app like Intel provide for their chipsets) or the Windows manager, go into the advanced properties for the connection, go to the dialog where it shows the asterisked encryption key, and use one of these tools:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/astlog.html
http://www.soft-central.net/passunleash.php

or similar (there's quite a few about, google "show passwords windows xp" or "reveal passwords windows" for more results), and that *should* work.

Very useful if you have an AutoSaved login and you forgot the password - happens a lot to me because I'm a bit scatterbrained!
christopherw is offline   Reply With Quote