Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

Old 16-03-2012, 13:38   #211
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
When are you going to add something proper and constructive to a topic? I can't see any sense on most of your posts, and it's getting annoying when you see a new post then hoping that there's something to add to a topic only to see that you keep posting the same rubbish throughout each threads.
My point is that these benefit cuts are wrong and all they do is take the rich off the hook for their tax evasion and economic mistakes

Why should we pay the price of the mistakes of the rich and powerful?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2012, 19:39   #212
RizzyKing

"Why should we pay the price of the mistakes of the rich and powerful?" We always have Alan and we always will it's how things are and the way things have been under any system yet tried by humans even communism had it's version of the upper and lower classes they just got creative in the terminology. What needs to happen to our benefits system is a proper test created not by people with economics first and foremost in their minds but by impartial health professionsals truly only interested in finding those fit for work.

This is going to come back to bite everyone forcing sick people to take jobs is going to result in a lot of employers getting very fed up with unreliable workers which a lot of the people taken off sickness will be through no fault of their own. In the future it will make it that much harder for those of us who might get a cure or better treatment to get a job it is extremely short sighted. I voted for the torys at the last election i knew we couldn't afford to let labour back and although not wholly trusting of all that was being said to get our votes i never thought 99% of it would vanish when they got into power.

We need sensible people to sit down and work out the best practical way forward in many areas the welfare system being one of the biggies and we do not have that right now. I think the speed of all these reforms is because this is a government that knows it will only get the one term to do it and they want to do as much as they can regardless of the damage it will do. This whole process of reform in this country is not just affecting individuals or even singular groups it is changing attitudes in everyone. You only have to look on here to see the rising anger of some to the benefit system and some of the extreme suggestions being proposed for those on beefit to see we as a country are becoming more hateful and resentful.

Thats also a deliberate policy pushed by those who for years have had an agenda to get us at each others throats and now they have.
Old 17-03-2012, 11:26   #213
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
"Why should we pay the price of the mistakes of the rich and powerful?" We always have Alan and we always will it's how things are and the way things have been under any system yet tried by humans even communism had it's version of the upper and lower classes they just got creative in the terminology. What needs to happen to our benefits system is a proper test created not by people with economics first and foremost in their minds but by impartial health professionsals truly only interested in finding those fit for work.

This is going to come back to bite everyone forcing sick people to take jobs is going to result in a lot of employers getting very fed up with unreliable workers which a lot of the people taken off sickness will be through no fault of their own. In the future it will make it that much harder for those of us who might get a cure or better treatment to get a job it is extremely short sighted. I voted for the torys at the last election i knew we couldn't afford to let labour back and although not wholly trusting of all that was being said to get our votes i never thought 99% of it would vanish when they got into power.

We need sensible people to sit down and work out the best practical way forward in many areas the welfare system being one of the biggies and we do not have that right now. I think the speed of all these reforms is because this is a government that knows it will only get the one term to do it and they want to do as much as they can regardless of the damage it will do. This whole process of reform in this country is not just affecting individuals or even singular groups it is changing attitudes in everyone. You only have to look on here to see the rising anger of some to the benefit system and some of the extreme suggestions being proposed for those on beefit to see we as a country are becoming more hateful and resentful.

Thats also a deliberate policy pushed by those who for years have had an agenda to get us at each others throats and now they have.

Reform is essential - wholesale decimation is not.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 12:21   #214
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:

Yes, but there have been times were we have had a more equal society and under a free market you pay the price for your mistakes, except that the rich and “forgotten” that rule. What governments are doing not just here but in most of the world (bar the emerging markets) will make people (especially young people) think “what is the point of democracy and capitalism when our lives are not improving but getting worse?” and when people think that, I fear that the answer will come from these types of people

By the way, who will you vote next time there is an election
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 15:32   #215
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

The answer will come from a dead person who was killed whilst trying to foment a failed revolution?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 15:54   #216
RizzyKing

I won't be voting simple as that because although it has taken time i have learnt the lesson that my vote doesn't count no matter who gets in we get shafted so screw the lot of them.
Old 17-03-2012, 17:17   #217
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I won't be voting simple as that because although it has taken time i have learnt the lesson that my vote doesn't count no matter who gets in we get shafted so screw the lot of them.
What if everyone who felt as you do voted Raving Looney Party or whatever?

It could be a landslide victory against the "major 3!!

Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 17:54   #218
RizzyKing

I am just incredibly fedup of the whole thing and at this point in time cannot see any point at all in voting for any party. I have never said there shouldn't be reform or reorganisation of most of what is being reformed right now but the way it is being done is disgusting and i genuinely thought we in this country were better then that seems i was wrong .
Old 17-03-2012, 18:26   #219
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

We know, near enough, that we will have a few years of "spend, spend, spend" with Labour then a few years of "put the finances back in order" from the Conservatives.

The carrot, then the stick.

And repeat.

This system of politics, Party Politics, means that whatever you elect your local MP for will be overshadowed, if not over-ruled, by those that lead the Party.

And by that I do not mean the Prime Minister, but those who really wield the real power.

In this part of the political cycle, many of us will see a drop in living standards and may well strike out at those not responsible, but an easy target for our wrath.

The disabled have been marked as scapegoats by the media (with a fair bit of help and encouragement by politicians) by lumping them in with a group known to contain some benefit fraudsters. Hence the growing abuse.

And let us not forget that Iain Duncan Smith, failed Prime Minister candidate, has been wallowing in the dark and dingy recesses of a Party out of power for many years, designing this "strategy" to save money and kick us ALL when we are down.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2012, 19:26   #220
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
me,i dont blame the disabled,the forenger or any one but the govenment!!
if there wasnt and entitlements or benefits-it wouldnt get scammed!!
there fault!! govenment fault!!
and dont say,if they got rid of benefits,alot more people will be stealing!!
makes no differnce!! they still stealing!!
Old 17-03-2012, 21:38   #221
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

RizzyKing have you seen this website fighting for disabled got support from alistair campbell, stephen fry.

http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/latest-news2

This one was cracker its not our fault media has demonised called cheats and scroungers Marie Miller says.

Well I think she should be told this. Tell the media that then Marie GET cameron on the telly. Make a press conference anounce to the world that. Its no good just putting in article it needs to be given wide audience.

http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/late...r-blames-media

they have some very very interesting articles which taken the lid off quite few things.

This quite telling WCA is actually not working not fit for purpose, one critism is the questionairres are "lengthly" not easy to understand rely too heavily on stock questions.

Sorry for the reading but its worth a read in one seems tinkling admission there is problem. Seems PIP will be very expensive to implement for what 0.5% fraud.

http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/late...it-for-purpose

http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/late...-all-spartacus

this is another about watchdog concerned about disabled in work programme

http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/late...work-programme

Marie Miller talks to Disabled Now

http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/late...-on-dla-reform

This about joining the factions as one

http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/late...shared-agendas

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

just hit another survey shows way media increased the way disabled news is now potrayed.

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-st...people_pdf.pdf

There quite few studies

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies/

talk about how this crazy witchunt causing this was in januarys derby paper. Would not be suprised more things happening out there sadly.

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Te...ail/story.html
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 21:33   #222
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Indeed, they're all one in the same at the end of the day

Ironically, they spend all their time in the house of commons, arguing with each other and acting like a bunch of misbehaving children, yet these people are supposed to be running the country.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 21:46   #223
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Actually, you are confusing MPs (who are elected to represent their constituency) with Her Majesty's Government (who are elected to run the country).

Not all MPs (even in the majority party/parties) are in the Government, and not all members of the Government are MPs.
Old 18-03-2012, 22:38   #224
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
and dont say,if they got rid of benefits,alot more people will be stealing!!
makes no differnce!! they still stealing!!
If someone lost their benefit they would turn to crime. (such as stealing)
so a lot more people will be stealing.
the ones who are already stealing will be stealing more.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 22:43   #225
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

I think you mis-judge people, Gary.

Not everyone has base instincts.