Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Annoying 'make a claim' texts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Annoying 'make a claim' texts

Old 27-05-2011, 12:28   #1
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Annoying 'make a claim' texts

The wife and I keep getting texts along the lines of:

"Our records indicate you may be entitled to £3250 for the accident you had... blah, blah, blah...."

We know they're bogus and obviously don't want to reply so is there anything simple we can do to stop or block them? Not sure if they all come from the same source but the wording is always identical and the reply number given on this occasion is 07526-308521.

Not keen on calling VM as every time I do I wind up talking to someone I can't understand or who simply sounds like they're on the moon and being connected via a tin can and a piece of string.

Cheers as always.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2011, 12:35   #2
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Re: Annoying 'make a claim' texts

My accident must have been better than yours because I was told £3850.

if you had a Symbian phone you can get an app that blocks any number from calling or texting. other than that you can just keep praying to God and hope that he answers the prayer of giving them a slow and a painful death.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 12:50   #3
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I imagine they're using a string of mobile numbers so blocking one may have a short term effect but probably won't solve the problem.

Surely VM ought to be able to find out who's behind these messages and do something about them as they're obviously dubious.
Old 27-05-2011, 14:02   #4
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

yep my accident was about as bad as yours must have been one where i hit my head as i have no recollection of it either lol

txting STOP back sometimes works
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 14:04   #5
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdraig View Post
yep my accident was about as bad as yours must have been one where i hit my head as i have no recollection of it either lol

txting STOP back sometimes works
I'm on PAYG. Why the hell should I have to pay to stop their Spam?
Old 27-05-2011, 14:25   #6
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

It's a Orange number. Thats for sure, I would report it to Orange.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 21:07   #7
Osem
Inactive

I would never reply to such messages for 2 reasons a) because it may cost you e.g. a premium rate text charge and b) because you risk your number getting onto a suckers list and the floodgates opening.
Old 27-05-2011, 21:31   #8
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

I get these also ,and working in the construction industry i am a tad worried about this accident i have had ,or am going to have
Old 28-05-2011, 10:59   #9
Osem
Inactive

These are claims companies NOT clairvoyants. They probably have similar codes of ethics however....