Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Android 2.3.3 HTC Desire HD on Virgin

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Android 2.3.3 HTC Desire HD on Virgin

Old 25-05-2011, 10:41   #1
co103
Inactive

Services: 50mb, SuperHub - TU24 - Family, Sports+Movies. TiVo Trialist, V+PVR x 2 & 1x STB
co103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Android 2.3.3 HTC Desire HD on Virgin

Looks like the rollout for Android 2.3.3 for HTC Desire HD is going ahead ! A friend of mine had his OTA update last week.. Improved wifi and battery life are the first most noticable feaures.... hurry up Virgin and do mine please
co103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-05-2011, 12:29   #2
mne2
Inactive

mne2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Android 2.3.3 HTC Desire HD on Virgin

I've had 2.3.3 on mine for over a week!!
mne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2011, 19:39   #3
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

theres a bit of a hoo haa at the moment because apparently Android have stated through 3 there will not be a 2.3.3 for the HTC Wildfire which is still being sold on PAYG and on Contract yet they brought out an update for a phone which was 2 years old not so long ago.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 09:04   #4
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

I'm on 2.3.4 I do like it, however as my system has no manufacturer "skin" I use go Launcher EX fantastic bit of software.

I think the updates are all about manufacturers ticking / passing all the rules / regs with Android, who gets their "best" software and who doesn't.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 10:00   #5
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshchris View Post
theres a bit of a hoo haa at the moment because apparently Android have stated through 3 there will not be a 2.3.3 for the HTC Wildfire which is still being sold on PAYG and on Contract yet they brought out an update for a phone which was 2 years old not so long ago.
It won't be Android, it's HTC

Can sort of understand it. Even when they went to 2.2 on the Wildfire they dropped a few things (such as Flash support and animated wallpapers) to get it on
Old 27-05-2011, 18:46   #6
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

bt why has the wildfire S had the upgrade when they are almost identical in spec? same processors for example. Android stated that only the 1ghz and above phones were getting 2.3 update get they have released it for the phones below like th wildfire S which has a 600mhz processor like the wildfire. It makes no sence. The wildfire is still a very good handset and a lot of users are rather niffed.
Old 28-05-2011, 12:05   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshchris View Post
same processors for example.
Not the same processor and a much higher screen resolution
Old 28-05-2011, 12:54   #8
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Wildfire... http://www.htc.com/uk/product/wildfi...ification.html

Wildfire S ... http://www.htc.com/www/product/wildf...ification.html

Ok the wildfire S has a slightly faster processor wow and the screen res doesnt mean a thing really that could be sorted out easilly enough. Wildfire S has a 1230mAh battery where the wildfire has a 1300mAh battery and part of the upgrade to to help with battery life. I still say they are just making excuses and would be easy enough to roll out onto the wildfire and a lot of others are saying the same thing.
Old 29-05-2011, 19:43   #9
co103
Inactive

Services: 50mb, SuperHub - TU24 - Family, Sports+Movies. TiVo Trialist, V+PVR x 2 & 1x STB
co103 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by co103 View Post
Looks like the rollout for Android 2.3.3 for HTC Desire HD is going ahead ! A friend of mine had his OTA update last week.. Improved wifi and battery life are the first most noticable feaures.... hurry up Virgin and do mine please
Im still waiting !!
co103 is offline   Reply With Quote