Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Advice on moving to virgin mobile

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Advice on moving to virgin mobile

Old 09-03-2010, 23:34   #1
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough
Advice on moving to virgin mobile

Hey guys an girls, hope you can give me a little advice as i'm looking at swapping over to virgin from orange.
I currently get 800 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited (fair usage of 1gb/month) evening/weekend internet for £35 a month (£40 but they did me a deal) and i have a HTC Touch HD phone.
My contract is due up in May and i was looking at swapping to Virgin on the 24month £30 contract to get 800 mins, unlimited texts and internet and a free Touch HD2 as orange don't have the HD2 and it'll be cheaper per month.

I'm just looking for advice of if i should swap or not.
I'm in south devon if anyone is close and knows what the signal would be like
Thanks
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2010, 13:35   #2
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Advice on moving to virgin mobile

Virginmobile runs on T-Mobile. Check out the link for the location of transmitters local to you:

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 20:47   #3
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough

thanks, i'd already done a coverage check on the virgin site, gives same results as on the t-mobile site, 3G is listed as excellent in my area.
I was looking for more info from anyone relating to if virgin are good as a provider as orange have never given me any grief
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 23:23   #4
dave_dph
Inactive

dave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about themdave_dph has a spectacular aura about them

Their customer service is excellent, for which they have won many awards.

I have used them a couple of times and never had a problem, would still be with them now if I hadn't got a cracking deal with 3. Their "cable customer" sim only deals are keenly priced, without a contract.

For my usage they will always be my first network choice.
dave_dph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 16:29   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Coverage around the major towns in South Devon is OK (with the exception of Salcombe). The rural coverage away from the main A class roads is patchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_dph View Post
Virginmobile runs on T-Mobile. Check out the link for the location of transmitters local to you:

http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/
The sitefinder database info for T-Mobile is two years out of date now owing to a dispute with the new Freedom of Infomation Act, which led to them withdrawing updates.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote