Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Advice as upgrade due soon :)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Advice as upgrade due soon :)

Old 07-04-2010, 22:57   #1
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
Advice as upgrade due soon :)

Hi there

I'm currently on Orange Dolphin for £17 / month (bumped up to £22.22 incl. VAT and non-direct debit charge) for Unlim texts, 200 minutes and free F480.
It's ending 20th of this month, but I saw on Virgin that I can get a Jet.

The Samsung Jet is on a £25 / month contract, includes 200 mins, unlim texts and free internet (phone is £25 which is alright tbh)

I thought this was a good deal, but was wondering what's the network like.

How is the coverage?
Is it reliable?
Any good extras you get?

Looking forward to your answers!
(sorry for the amount of questions)

Oo, and I'm with Virgin for TV, Phone and Broadband on XL, would this offer a better deal?
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2010, 23:10   #2
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough
Re: Advice as upgrade due soon :)

i was asking a similar question about moving from orange to virgin. http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/93...in-mobile.html
looks like virgin use the t-mobile network.
virgin mobile and virgin media are seporate company's so it won't really get you anything, but the rep on phone maybe able to do a deal for you, have a look at the posts here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/93...le-market.html
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 23:17   #3
jtaylor06
Inactive

jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Thank you for your reply.
Signal is "very good" for my area
and Telford has "Excellent" coverage.

Looks like it will be good
My Dad uses Orange, so there will be no missing the 241 tickets as he can just forward them to me.

Thank you
Old 07-04-2010, 23:22   #4
webrosc
Inactive

Services: XL TV V+, XXL BB, XL Phone
webrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enoughwebrosc will become famous soon enough

No problem
from what others said the list on the site for singla is a little out of date, but the t-mobile webite aswell as virgin site have a coverage map, i also asked customers who come into my shop for a topup
If you dad left orange there's nothing to stop you getting a cheap payg orange phone to still get the 241 tickets (i think that'll work lol)
webrosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 23:25   #5
jtaylor06
Inactive

Yeah, as long as it is topped up because they are 16p each usually
I don't think he will leave though, great deal £10 / month, unlimited texts, 1000 mins for being loyal customer (trouble is it's now considered sim only so no free phone lol)
Old 08-04-2010, 00:20   #6
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile are the same company, the new Virgin Mobile SIM cards now even say Virgin Media on them so therefore, 2 months free and loads of other exclusive to VM customers offers are available at http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...hly-offer.html
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2010, 23:41   #7
jtaylor06
Inactive

It ends on the 20th, do you think I should still call up tomorrow and ask what they can offer me.
I'm looking to keep the same number, and this apparently takes 2 days so is tomorrow best or wait until 18th?