Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recording break ups

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Did someone at VM jump the gun?

Old 27-05-2013, 13:34   #1
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age
Did someone at VM jump the gun?

For the past few days there has been a webpage on VM stating this:
https://customer.virginmedia.com/forms/btsport/3
Latest News - May 2013

Get ready to experience the awesomeness of BT Sport when it launches on Virgin Media this summer. You’ll have access to some of the biggest games and matches on the planet:
  • 38 live Barclays Premier League football
  • Hundreds of top-flight football matches from Italy, France and Brazil
  • Exclusive Aviva Premiership rugby matches
  • Women's Tennis Association matches from 21 tournaments
  • 2013/14 FA Cup
  • Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League
  • UEFA Europa League
  • German Bundesliga
Along with fantastic sports action from across the pond with NCAA College Basketball, NCAA College Football and NASCAR.
Jake Humphrey will anchor Barclays Premier League coverage, Lawrence Dallaglio will be the leading rugby union expert, and Clare Balding will have a weekly show. They'll also be joined by some of sport's biggest names.
The big day is coming, be the first to get BT Sport on Virgin Media

but now it has changed back to this:
Latest News - May 2013

BT Sport will be launching this summer with coverage of Barclays Premier League matches, football from Italy, France and Brazil and Aviva Premiership rugby. Plus, there's also an ESPN branded channel with the latest in US sports and UFC.
You might have also heard that the ESPN channel will be part of the BT Sport package. But how does that affect you as a Virgin Media customer? Well, the transfer won’t be completed until the end of July, so it doesn’t affect you right now. You’ll still get all the ESPN channels you enjoy until the end of the current football season. Game on.
We’re always striving to bring you the best sporting events and competitions from around the world and we’re talking to BT about how we can make the forthcoming BT Sport package available to you. So we’ll keep you up to date as soon as we have any developments. To see how you can catch all the sports action on Virgin Media, click here
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2013, 13:38   #2
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Did someone at VM jump the gun?

Knowing VM, probably an intended leak to retain customers, one in which they can say they never advertised
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 19:14   #3
mikcoles
Inactive

Services: VirginMedia Premier collection.
mikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Knowing VM, probably an intended leak to retain customers, one in which they can say they never advertised
You really are very anti Virgin media, what I can't understand is you are not happy about Virgin so switch to Sky where you have found your Utopia, but still run Virgin down.
mikcoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 19:23   #4
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

That has nothing to do with it. Virgin have a history of advertising things to retain customers, that then take up to 18 months to materialise. Some may suspect certain leaks come from them, as another way of retaining customers.

Took a year and a half for my area to get their speed upgrade On this very forum a VM employee posted that a product had launched, yet 7 months later no customers have it.

So its easy to consider varied reasons for the post.
Old 27-05-2013, 19:26   #5
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Well, the transfer won’t be completed until the end of July,
So whats the big deal with people moaning about it being the end of July? The football season doesn't start until August! At least it looks as though Virgin will get BT sport, unlike what some posters were saying only a few weeks ago.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 19:37   #6
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
So whats the big deal with people moaning about it being the end of July? The football season doesn't start until August! At least it looks as though Virgin will get BT sport, unlike what some posters were saying only a few weeks ago.
Exactly but some seem to want to have a go at Virgin at every turn and its the usual culprits as usual.
Old 27-05-2013, 20:21   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

How about we just stick to the topic folks? Digs at VM are fine and members are allowed an opinion.However personal digs,baiting and flaming are not.

Looking forward to your cooperation.
Old 28-05-2013, 13:45   #8
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

On the VirginMedia forum from Craig_D of the VM Forum team:

We don't have information regarding this query, I can assure you though that as soon as we do it will be published here and on the link that you have posted.

I've logged onto that form in the last few days and not seen the message your describing, which is a little strange.

As mentioned, when we have any information or news regarding BT Sport we will look to update our customers.

Thanks
Craig

This was the message that was there all day Sunday & Monday morning:

Latest News - May 2013

Get ready to experience the awesomeness of BT Sport when it launches on Virgin Media this summer. You’ll have access to some of the biggest games and matches on the planet:
  • 38 live Barclays Premier League football
  • Hundreds of top-flight football matches from Italy, France and Brazil
  • Exclusive Aviva Premiership rugby matches
  • Women's Tennis Association matches from 21 tournaments
  • 2013/14 FA Cup
  • Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League
  • UEFA Europa League
  • German Bundesliga
Along with fantastic sports action from across the pond with NCAA College Basketball, NCAA College Football and NASCAR.
Jake Humphrey will anchor Barclays Premier League coverage, Lawrence Dallaglio will be the leading rugby union expert, and Clare Balding will have a weekly show. They'll also be joined by some of sport's biggest names.
The big day is coming, be the first to get BT Sport on Virgin Media
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 13:47   #9
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Kind of key. Especially given BT are offering to waiver the £3 HD fee for a year if ordered before August 1st.

Therefore if it's not done before the end of july you cannot make that saving.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 18:00   #10
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
Kind of key. Especially given BT are offering to waiver the £3 HD fee for a year if ordered before August 1st.

Therefore if it's not done before the end of july you cannot make that saving.
I am happy that Virgin holds out until the very last second..to get the best deal. Even if it takes until xmas, they should stand firm
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2013, 18:07   #11
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I am happy that Virgin holds out until the very last second..to get the best deal. Even if it takes until xmas, they should stand firm
because your contract's up at Christmas? ha

Seriously, it's not good for their customers to be left hanging on as surely there will be many who doubt it will arrive who will then switch.

On the subject of switching, though, I have to question the Virgin Media Customer service lady who went through various things trying to prevent us from cancelling.

She said that Sky have been cancelling people's offers after 1 month and would not honour our contractual offer price.

She said that Sky increase the prices without telling the customers. (It was raised to the lady that in June 2011, we signed up for £99 per month which has since increased by £15.55 in just 24 months.)

It seems bad practise to me to be issuing what appear to be libellous lies.

But I don't doubt that they're all as bad as each other.
Old 28-05-2013, 18:45   #12
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
because your contract's up at Christmas? ha

Seriously, it's not good for their customers to be left hanging on as surely there will be many who doubt it will arrive who will then switch.

On the subject of switching, though, I have to question the Virgin Media Customer service lady who went through various things trying to prevent us from cancelling.

She said that Sky have been cancelling people's offers after 1 month and would not honour our contractual offer price.

She said that Sky increase the prices without telling the customers. (It was raised to the lady that in June 2011, we signed up for £99 per month which has since increased by £15.55 in just 24 months.)

But I don't doubt that they're all as bad as each other.
As far as I am aware as per OFCOM regs the ISP's aren't allowed to "slag" each other off. Only sell their services on their own merits.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 09:38   #13
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them

end of the day if I have to pay extra for it then I aint having it.
yorkshireborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2013, 18:45   #14
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:

<snip>

Retentions told me a number of lies when I called to cancel, about their own service and Sky's. Even told me I wouldn't get more than 6 or 9Mb (can't remember the exact number now) with Sky, even though adsl speeds next door were 17Mb and the Postcode checker told me 80Mb for fibre.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post
As far as I am aware as per OFCOM regs the ISP's aren't allowed to "slag" each other off. Only sell their services on their own merits.
Wish I had recorded my call with them, nasty sales woman with an attitude who indeed did slag of Sky and lied about their services. Retentions department must have been told keep their numbers up that month...
Old 29-05-2013, 19:35   #15
coulsontom
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Retentions told me a number of lies when I called to cancel, about their own service and Sky's. Even told me I wouldn't get more than 6 or 9Mb (can't remember the exact number now) with Sky, even though adsl speeds next door were 17Mb and the Postcode checker told me 80Mb for fibre.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Wish I had recorded my call with them, nasty sales woman with an attitude who indeed did slag of Sky and lied about their services. Retentions department must have been told keep their numbers up that month...
She also tried making out sky channels are clearer on virgin.