Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates Part 7
Closed Thread

Old 28-01-2012, 16:24   #121
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Re: Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

We're both stressing ourselves out over my wife's settlement visa application. The consult with the solicitors is next week. Anybody used Kadmos before? They've been very helpful so far.
Advertisement
Old 29-01-2012, 22:43   #122
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Great..... From great weekend to rubbish weekend.

Old 30-01-2012, 00:48   #123
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Christ, might ned to ban me from this thread, I am a Victor Meldrew already at 27. My biggest moans are:

1. Why do people now have no manners? I was in a supermarket the other day, and got hit in my knee with a trolley. Did they say sorry? Did they hell. I asked them if I wasn't big enough to see (and I am fat btw, need to lose weight) and they had the nerve to say that it was because I am a (their words) 'fat sh**) it is my fault if I get hit. I was too shocked to say anything until I had got home.

2. Pushchairs on buses. Our local bus company supposedly has a policy of making them put the prams down before getting on. Yet the drivers let them come on, then you get the little brats screaming for the entire journey whilst the scummy mummy sits there texting or doing her hair/makeup. They are the reason why I am never having children, I could never cope with the noise.
Old 30-01-2012, 18:05   #124
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Just came home from an overnight visit from my sister. My neighbour fould a leak at the boiler & everything was soaking, Sitting here freezing with No heating till tomorrow. Another Bill to pay. !!!!!!!
Old 30-01-2012, 18:43   #125
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Just came home from an overnight visit from my sister. My neighbour fould a leak at the boiler & everything was soaking, Sitting here freezing with No heating till tomorrow. Another Bill to pay. !!!!!!!
Sympathies Nash, been there, done that couple of weeks ago! Get out the thermals girl!
Old 31-01-2012, 06:34   #126
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Sorry to hear about that nash and l do hope its is mended as soon as possible.
Old 31-01-2012, 10:50   #127
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Christ, might ned to ban me from this thread, I am a Victor Meldrew already at 27. My biggest moans are:

1. Why do people now have no manners? I was in a supermarket the other day, and got hit in my knee with a trolley. Did they say sorry? Did they hell. I asked them if I wasn't big enough to see (and I am fat btw, need to lose weight) and they had the nerve to say that it was because I am a (their words) 'fat sh**) it is my fault if I get hit. I was too shocked to say anything until I had got home.
I have a story that's in a similar vein, although I did not get hit. Our local Sainsburys has quite wide aisles. I was in there one day looking at something in the freezer, when I got a loud (and sarcastic sounding) "Excuse me". I looked around to find a woman apparently trying to go through me, while apparently failing to notice that there was nearly 4 foot of space between where I was standing (in the freezer section) and the shelving that's next to the freezer section. Four foot of space that was totally clear of any obstructions. But, I was on the most direct route to the self-checkout machines and she would have saved valuable milliseconds by going through me.

Also, had another one. On our local DLR (light railway system in London that is partially underground but not actually part of London Underground) station, you have to go down two escalators from street level to get to the trains. You have to go round a corner to get from the door to the escalators (DLR stations don't generally have ticket halls, they just have machines by the entrance and regular inspections). This corner has a metal rail running through the centre to separate people coming into the station from those leaving it. The last section (from the rail to the escalator) is just a retractable barrier. One day, someone decided that they didn't want to walk the extra metre or so that following the railing would have required them to, so unhooked the retractable barrier and took a shortcut. Everyone followed. In doing so, those leaving blocked the escalator down for nearly 15 minutes, causing me (and a few other people) to miss the train.
Old 31-01-2012, 16:21   #128
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Heating back on Thank the Lord.because it was cold last night. Still a few parts to be attended to as some parts to get ordered. That will be another Bill, But it is safe to use for a few days,, As long as we are warm i don,t care.

Thanks Friends
Old 31-01-2012, 16:23   #129
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Heating back on Thank the Lord.because it was cold last night. Still a few parts to be attended to as some parts to get ordered. That will be another Bill, But it is safe to use for a few days,, As long as we are warm i don,t care.

Thanks Friends
Glad to hear that things are improving Nash and l am glad it is warmer now for you now as well.
Old 31-01-2012, 16:34   #130
nashville
nashville

Thanks Den , I can take plenty heat But I hate the cold.
Old 31-01-2012, 16:35   #131
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Thanks Den , I can take plenty heat But I hate the cold.
Yes l hate the cold.
Old 01-02-2012, 19:32   #132
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

The day before yesterday I was trimming my toenails and cut a bit too close to the skin on the one next to my big toe but it didn't bother me too much.

Yesterday afternoon it started stinging a bit but again it didn't bother me to the point that I wanted to do anything about it. Then when I went to bed it was stinging quite badly and by midnight it was so bad I knew I wasn't going to sleep.

Went to hospital today only to find my now very-swollen toe was so large I couldn't wear my trainers. The doctors told me not only was my toe highly infected but the infection was spreading up my foot.

They sliced the toe open to clear the infection (which was the worst pain I'd ever felt. Blood and pus everywhere), I now have to take it easy for the next few days and hope the antibiotics kick in soon....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 01-02-2012, 19:38   #133
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Wish my OH hadn't got quite so anal about not using the tumble drier..all my washing comes in from the garden still damp and I have to try hanging it around the living room to dry.
Old 01-02-2012, 21:26   #134
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I have a story that's in a similar vein, although I did not get hit. Our local Sainsburys has quite wide aisles. I was in there one day looking at something in the freezer, when I got a loud (and sarcastic sounding) "Excuse me". I looked around to find a woman apparently trying to go through me, while apparently failing to notice that there was nearly 4 foot of space between where I was standing (in the freezer section) and the shelving that's next to the freezer section. Four foot of space that was totally clear of any obstructions. But, I was on the most direct route to the self-checkout machines and she would have saved valuable milliseconds by going through me.

Also, had another one. On our local DLR (light railway system in London that is partially underground but not actually part of London Underground) station, you have to go down two escalators from street level to get to the trains. You have to go round a corner to get from the door to the escalators (DLR stations don't generally have ticket halls, they just have machines by the entrance and regular inspections). This corner has a metal rail running through the centre to separate people coming into the station from those leaving it. The last section (from the rail to the escalator) is just a retractable barrier. One day, someone decided that they didn't want to walk the extra metre or so that following the railing would have required them to, so unhooked the retractable barrier and took a shortcut. Everyone followed. In doing so, those leaving blocked the escalator down for nearly 15 minutes, causing me (and a few other people) to miss the train.
I know, manners of some people in supermarkets astounds me. Another pet hate of mine is when you get a group of old women stood in the door to the supermarket chatting away and you have to almost yell in their ears 'excuse me' before they move. And they wonder why young people don't give them respect?

And the DLR? I used to live in London and loved going around on the Tube. Even when I moved to Waltham Cross I used to walk down to the bus station, buy an all zones travelcard then go off for a day just travelling on the tube system. Amazing how much thinking you can do and how much peace you can get on the tube.
Old 01-02-2012, 22:25   #135
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Had a new front door fitted on Monday. Just came out of the downstairs loo when I noticed the socket in the hallway switched off. This is what our freezer is plugged in to Only thing that could have happened is that the guys fitting the door used that socket for their drill, plugged it back in & neglected to switch it back on. Now they were not to know that our chest freezer was plugged into it but we now have a freezer full of defrosted meat, bread & ready meals etc.
My wife is going to phone them up tomorrow to try & get some money out of them other than that there is the house insurance to which we'll have to pay an excess on & that would mean a second claim on the insurance in less than a year (dropped my laptop & made a claim) Pretty peeved at the moment! About a hundred+ quids worth of food not fit for consumption
Closed Thread