Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates Part 7
Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2012, 07:39   #106
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well thank god you are alright as cars can be repaired but people can take much longer to repair.
Thanks. Yeah you are right about that.

Advertisement
Old 23-01-2012, 08:08   #107
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Thanks. Yeah you are right about that.
It is only an inanimate lump of metal that can be repaired so as long as the is no serious damage and you are fine any anger will pass, it happens to us all at some time or other.
Old 23-01-2012, 08:12   #108
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Reversed in to a brick wall.
Not too much damage but annoying!
Just think what would've happened if I'd been driving

Seriously though, immglad you're ok
Old 23-01-2012, 14:16   #109
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I'm going dongle based at the moment, not ideal but it'll do + if your with 3 they do 3 gigs for £15 a month which isn't bad...
I plumped for 3, 3 gig and got 3 months use (at the most) for £39.99. It works
No more watching catchup for me though.
Old 23-01-2012, 20:19   #110
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I cannot afford these camera lenses

LEICA APO-TELYT-R 1:5.6/1600mm

worth 16 million HKD (2,064,489 USD) - yes you read this right 2 million US dollars!

or £1.3 million

or this one

Zeiss Apo Sonnar T* 1700 mm F4

This built-to-order unique lens is designed to be used only a Hasselblad 6x6 medium format camera. It weights 256 KG (564 lbs) (a quarter of a ton )

The black box on the left is a Hasselblad 203FE 6x6cm medium format camera. Price unknown but proberly more than £1.5 million.

Old 24-01-2012, 09:56   #111
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

As is often the case, my moan is my journey to work. I needed to be in work early today, as we had a few problems to sort out before 11am and the room is booked after 10am, so I got up bright and early.. Rushed through my morning routine, got to the station only to find that no services had been running on the line for half an hour, and they didn't know when the next service was going to run. I live far enough away from work that it's not really practical for me to travel via any method other than train, so I waited. And waited. Eventually a train rolled up, and we were advised to get on it as apparently, there wasn't likely to be another train along for at least another half an hour.

Apparently South Eastern classes not being able to run more than 1 service an hour during the morning rush hour on a busy suburban commuter line as "Minor Disruption". At least according to their Journey checker app on the iphone.

Must be some new definition of Minor that I was not aware of.
Old 24-01-2012, 15:09   #112
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Today has been a bitch of a day.

Last Wednesday a guy in one of the departments collapsed at home, not feeling well, on Saturday his wife made him go to see a Dr, on Sunday he was placed in a induced coma, yesturday he died , some of his friends were in tears, I had only briefly spoken to him in my time here.

Plus the guy I'm temping for has been spending one day a week in a hospis, in preperation for going in there for the final time, and my boss is going to see him to sort out music for his funeral.

All in all a crap day and days to come.
You have had a terrible day. Things must improve now.
Old 24-01-2012, 17:01   #113
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Today has been a bitch of a day.

Last Wednesday a guy in one of the departments collapsed at home, not feeling well, on Saturday his wife made him go to see a Dr, on Sunday he was placed in a induced coma, yesturday he died , some of his friends were in tears, I had only briefly spoken to him in my time here.

Plus the guy I'm temping for has been spending one day a week in a hospis, in preperation for going in there for the final time, and my boss is going to see him to sort out music for his funeral.

All in all a crap day and days to come.
Sorry to hear that.. Not nice when people die.

Reminds me of when I first started where I am now. One of the older technicians (who I was actually quite friendly with) said to me one day that the only reason they'd been able to afford to employ me is that the technician who worked at my desk before me had died.

Made me feel awful, like I was disrespecting the dead or something.
Old 24-01-2012, 18:03   #114
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The thing is there are a lot of guys who are close to retirement, and no replacements are yet being sort.
Old 26-01-2012, 20:28   #115
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

1. Croydon
2. Travelling home from here on a Friday

Old 26-01-2012, 20:37   #116
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
1. Croydon
2. Travelling home from here on a Friday

l feel sorry for you as when l had to travel back from London to Plymouth on a friday after my regular visit to the hospital the traffic by and large always made a 4 hour journey into a 6 hour nightmare.
Old 26-01-2012, 23:04   #117
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Hmm and my hotel has the strangest bathroom doors I've ever seen. When you fully open the door it closes another doorway over the lav. Presumably this is to isolate the khazi from the shower. Unfortunately, from the shower you are able to see the occupant of the throne through frosted glass and vice-versa. All very disturbing.
Old 27-01-2012, 01:05   #118
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

[QUOTE=Uncle Peter;35369998]Hmm and my hotel has the strangest bathroom doors I've ever seen. When you fully open the door it closes another doorway over the lav. Presumably this is to isolate the khazi from the shower. Unfortunately, from the shower you are able to see the occupant of the throne through frosted glass and vice-versa. All very disturbing.[/QUOTE
TeeHee. Foreign loos are... something nice to walk away from sometimes It's only bodily mainaince

Slow-loading web sites. And slow blokes.
Old 27-01-2012, 02:37   #119
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Generally I don't have a great deal to moan about (especially when you read other post's mine pale into insignificance because they are quite petty)

Anyway,
1, Being wide awake at 2am after 2 1/2hrs kip!

2, Not being able to do anything for my wife who has Fibromyalgia (she copes better than I think I would)

3, Being shafted again at work over bonuses!

4, Finding out that the company you work for has no compassion or empathy for their employee's when the guy is off work (booked) to be by his sick baby son's bedside & the foreman turns round & says that they don't know if they can keep his job open because he is off work!!!!!!

5, Being forced to pay the Nottingham work place parking levy. Do they really want to force businesses out of Nottingham??? Another bloody TAX on the British motorist

6, Cost of fuel at the pump going up but the cost of crude (Brent) still stable & that when crude cost was $128pb I was paying 136p per litre, when the cost dropped to below $110pb the cost at the pump remained the same. Profiteering on a grand scale, shame the gov wont do anything about it as they make far too much off of the pump price to warrant looking into it.

7, Still awake & on my second cuppa (mind you I have been productive I finished loading the dishwasher & posted this)
Old 27-01-2012, 08:58   #120
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
4, Finding out that the company you work for has no compassion or empathy for their employee's when the guy is off work (booked) to be by his sick baby son's bedside & the foreman turns round & says that they don't know if they can keep his job open because he is off work!!!!!!

7, Still awake & on my second cuppa (mind you I have been productive I finished loading the dishwasher & posted this)
On point 7, both tea and Coffee have caffine with is a stimulant and will keep you awake, better off drinking H2O.

On point 4 my last two companies were briliant, the first a woman has a full histrectomy and was off for 3 months, she was back a month then caught pneumonia and was off a month, a short while after coming back here son was murdered, and the company told her come back when you are able to (she had to look after her daughter in-law who was 5 months pregnant at the time.)

My last job a guy had a daughter who had leukemia, he had to spend about a month in Bristol while she had a bone marrow transplant, and he was on full pay, but on Fridays we had ha dress doen day with used to go to the companies desiganted charity and got around £40, On on Friday the money went to him we sent him over £500, and average of £10 per person, on of the guys in his area gave £50. Sadly that Christmas she passed away, and again was off for a while.

Both of these companies were BIG ones, I don't know if that makes a difference.