Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Superhub 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Superhub 2

Old 01-12-2012, 18:45   #106
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Superhub 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
VM haven't let themselves be visibly troubled with the the current SH debacle. Have they changed their spots or are you merely telling us what they should do?
they have come out after being forced and spoken of the SH1 troubles. i think theregister had quotes. it wasn't its a massive failure quote but one acknowledging the faults and stating firmware updates were being prepared blah blah blah. anyway the old days of a range of modems able to function are gone. that i understood as whatevers picked but this is now a new direction of providing branded VM Hubs. you cannot take the same approach here. its not a case of should. its highly probable. i'd be incredibly surprised if VM do 'whatevers picked' crap here.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Just replace i think.
thats that then. dish out remaining stock of SH1s to all those not using SHs then roll on with SH2s.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2012, 19:03   #107
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
thats that then. dish out remaining stock of SH1s to all those not using SHs then roll on with SH2s.
Which part of "I THINK" said WILL ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 19:04   #108
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

my mind
Old 01-12-2012, 19:16   #109
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Customers on higher tiers would get SH2.

Anyone with a Superhub 1 will keep it unless they have a fault regardless of tier as they will not be replacing them with any mk 2 version due to cost.

Quote:
internal antennas don't cause problems. problems arise when their not properly set/aligned.
I take it that you have little idea of the location of the 2 antenna in the Superhub, oddly the router it is based on has 8 all around the device, can you think why that might be, clue? to make it more omni directional.

Apart from wet dreams the has been no announcement about a potential mk 2 which in reality will be the mk 4 as 2 and 3 fell over in testing which I know from a person in the know who still works for the company.

The reason is as I have posted on quite a few occasions is down to the stupid design the company insists on using such as internal antenna due to them wanting it to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye and not much bigger than the present Superhub which gives less room for internal antenna's.

What is required is for the company to look back 3 years to when they were testing named mainstream modems both with external antenna and without and both worked according to the 2nd line guys testing them much better than the outmoded VMNG300 or the Superhub, I believe that someone took a little helper/gift from a company to make them choose the present device.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 19:21   #110
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
they have come out after being forced and spoken of the SH1 troubles. i think theregister had quotes. it wasn't its a massive failure quote but one acknowledging the faults and stating firmware updates were being prepared blah blah blah. anyway the old days of a range of modems able to function are gone. that i understood as whatevers picked but this is now a new direction of providing branded VM Hubs. you cannot take the same approach here. its not a case of should. its highly probable. i'd be incredibly surprised if VM do 'whatevers picked' crap here.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

I wouldn't focus on the "whatever's picked" aspect. In short order, that'll be history.

What I'd put to you in the light of your analysis is: Have VM changed their spots?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 19:21   #111
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

There are still surfboard4200s out there, virgin dont do comfort swaps, only faulty units will be replaced. It cant be whatevers picked as they are not equal. virgin considered a v+ a v+ even though we all knew samsungs were better. They both had same software, same hard disk size.

This new hub will have superior wifi range and is dual band. So i guess during the transition period it will be new customers will get the new hub or folk upgrading to 120
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 19:24   #112
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
there are still surfboard4200s out there, virgin dont do comfort swaps, only faulty units will be replaced
I bet the are still some Tailfins and even some STB modems as well, plus the older Surfboards, SA modems and NTL100's
Old 01-12-2012, 19:28   #113
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_ View Post
Anyone with a Superhub 1 will keep it unless they have a fault regardless of tier as they will not be replacing them with any mk 2 version due to cost.
of course not. I'm just saying dishing out remaining SH1s to all that have no SH will run down stock. then the new SH2 can be taken forward. there could be within the plan depending on stocks that 30meg customers get SH1 and higher tier customers get SH2. an incentive to buy higher tiers.

Quote:
I take it that you have little idea of the location of the 2 antenna in the Superhub, oddly the router it is based on has 8 all around the device, can you think why that might be, clue? to make it more omni directional.

Apart from wet dreams the has been no announcement about a potential mk 2 which in reality will be the mk 4 as 2 and 3 fell over in testing which I know from a person in the know who still works for the company.

The reason is as I have posted on quite a few occasions is down to the stupid design the company insists on using such as internal antenna due to them wanting it to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye and not much bigger than the present Superhub which gives less room for internal antenna's.

What is required is for the company to look back 3 years to when they were testing named mainstream modems both with external antenna and without and both worked according to the 2nd line guys testing them much better than the outmoded VMNG300 or the Superhub, I believe that someone took a little helper/gift from a company to make them choose the present device.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I wouldn't focus on the "whatever's picked" aspect. In short order, that'll be history.

What I'd put to you in the light of your analysis is: Have VM changed their spots?
I think their working towards change but I also think they need help.
Old 01-12-2012, 19:29   #114
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:

Kind of says it all does it not, have you any idea of a date for the mk 4 release by the way.
Old 01-12-2012, 19:31   #115
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
of course not. I'm just saying dishing out remaining SH1s to all that have no SH will run down stock. then the new SH2 can be taken forward. there could be within the plan depending on stocks that 30meg customers get SH1 and higher tier customers get SH2. an incentive to buy higher tiers.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

I think their working towards change but I also think they need help.
virgin can be winding stock down now as we speak if they have confirmation of a launch date.
Old 01-12-2012, 19:34   #116
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
There are still surfboard4200s out there, virgin dont do comfort swaps, only faulty units will be replaced.
they are working towards replacing all old kit for SH1s (depending on stock levels) it could also run into SH2s.

Quote:
It cant be whatevers picked as they are not equal. virgin considered a v+ a v+ even though we all knew samsungs were better. They both had same software, same hard disk size.

This new hub will have superior wifi range and is dual band. So i guess during the transition period it will be new customers will get the new hub or folk upgrading to 120
exactly.

Quote:
I bet the are still some Tailfins and even some STB modems as well, plus the older Surfboards, SA modems and NTL100's
yup. all of which are slowly being swapped.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Quote:
Kind of says it all does it not, have you any idea of a date for the mk 4 release by the way.
no it doesn't say it all. im just bored listening to you. everything your saying has been touched on already, infact in detail. details you yourself argued against. wheres your my sh has been running for eternity sig.

i dont know of a date for mk4 in VM world or SH2 in customer world.

Quote:
virgin can be winding stock down now as we speak if they have confirmation of a launch date.
yup.
Old 01-12-2012, 19:34   #117
jb66
cf.mega poster

Quote:
folk on the old 512k package cant get a superhub as it doesnt work so we have to put in an obsolete modem
Old 01-12-2012, 19:39   #118
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:

yup. all of which are slowly being swapped.
As jb66 some cannot be swapped and the will be standard modems around for many many years to come as some still out there should have been replaced in the last century.

They will not be able to run down stock of the Superhub either as they could be left with a turkey as with the Huawei version so stock of the Superhub will be kept at present levels for a good while to come.
Old 01-12-2012, 19:41   #119
jb66
cf.mega poster

they could keep a few thousand old superhubs ready to be refurbish if required
Old 01-12-2012, 19:47   #120
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
they could keep a few thousand old superhubs ready to be refurbish if required
That would not last long though, they would end up sending 256's out and killing connections.