Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 03-10-2011, 21:23   #76
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
It's possible.
Cheers DF, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2011, 12:55   #77
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Totally agree. I was happy with Virgin based on their overall offering however now I've realised it's linear channels I want. Whilst I'll miss catch-up TV, I can still access iPlayer, STV Player, Demand 5 and 4 OD via my laptop hooked up to my TV. Not the best but still free of charge. Also I've finally realised that I really don't need 50Mb broadband. SKY's broadband won't come anywhere near what I've got but I will be able to access Anytime +.

When I think back from when I lived with my parents to now, one way or another I've had access to Telewest / Virgin services for about 16 years. The first time we got cable it was installed on Christmas Eve back in 1995. It was the first time we had access to SKY or any form of pay TV. Some might think this is really sad however the day we got cable was one of the best days I can remember. That day was better than Christmas. We jumped from 4 channel TV to about 50 channels and it was great. Finally I could watch the Simpsons, finally I could watch Rangers live on TV, finally I could watch WWF and finally I could watch some of the biggest fights in boxing. I think it's that kind of memory that built my fondness for cable, Telewest then Virgin. Even when my Mum and Dad switched to SKY I kept cable and then got the internet installed in my bedroom too.

If Virgin could just deliver the things that I'm looking for quicker, they'd genuinely have a customer for life. I think it's visiting forums like these that have highlighted just what I'm missing over at SKY, and how long and drawn out channel launches can be on Virgin with little or no communication to their expecting customers.
Just move. There isn't anyway VM could do what you want in the last paragraph you wrote. If it is not Boxnation then it will be something else. If it is not something else then Sky will make something new and then it is that thing.

I never thought I would get Sky as my TV provider but I did last week. Some things I will miss but on the other hand Sky are 100% transparent. All services available to all customers that can receive them. You know exactly what you get.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 14:15   #78
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

i asked the question on twitter yesterday and was told "there are no current plans" to get this on

looks like i'll be looking for illegal streams then, great
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 14:17   #79
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
@boxnationtv Yous still in talks with virgin? Cant wait for this channel wanted to watch the World Amateurs though
Quote:
@HaydenOConnor we are working very hard with virgin to get this sorted
http://twitter.com/#!/boxnationtv
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 14:18   #80
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well the proof is in the pudding and so far nothing has arrived.
Old 05-10-2011, 14:22   #81
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

yeah i asked virgin rather than boxnation and it doesnt look good
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 14:35   #82
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No there has been nothing concrete said at the present moment
Old 06-10-2011, 20:48   #83
powerfulpeanuts
Inactive

powerfulpeanuts is an unknown quantity at this point

i am new to CF but cracking website, been following the boxnation debate with interest.

i am literally tearing my hair out, i have been waiting all year for bellew vs cleverly. gutted that i going to miss it as i'm on VM.

i want to pay for it and enjoy it but looks like i won't get the chance. hate asking as i do like to do things above board, but on the night will any of you guys be putting up links to streams? ...i not even got any pals with sky to go around to their place. got a cousin but not a boxing fan so can't see him wanting me in his living room shouting and screaming.

i am moving house in a few months and this makes me think i will get sky when i do. what is the hold up? the channel is on, surely VM just need to show it, it's free so no hassle with people signing up for now.
powerfulpeanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 21:06   #84
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengedragon View Post
yeah i asked virgin rather than boxnation and it doesnt look good
No it does not look good at the moment for Virgin to get Box nation.
Old 06-10-2011, 21:06   #85
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No it does not look good at the moment for Virgin to get Box nation.
I agree
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 22:27   #86
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpeanuts View Post
i am new to CF but cracking website, been following the boxnation debate with interest.

i am literally tearing my hair out, i have been waiting all year for bellew vs cleverly. gutted that i going to miss it as i'm on VM.

i want to pay for it and enjoy it but looks like i won't get the chance. hate asking as i do like to do things above board, but on the night will any of you guys be putting up links to streams? ...i not even got any pals with sky to go around to their place. got a cousin but not a boxing fan so can't see him wanting me in his living room shouting and screaming.

i am moving house in a few months and this makes me think i will get sky when i do. what is the hold up? the channel is on, surely VM just need to show it, it's free so no hassle with people signing up for now.
I can point you in the direction of a stream on the night. Alternatively, depending on how you view these type of things, I can point you in the direction of 2 boxing torrent sites that will have the fight available for download within 12 hours of broadcast.

I, like you, want to keep things legitimate and above board however sometimes you've got to bend the rules a little. I have heard however that Box Nation WILL be streaming the fight on their own website.

Send me a PM nearer the time and I'll try and help you out.
Old 06-10-2011, 23:09   #87
powerfulpeanuts
Inactive

powerfulpeanuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I can point you in the direction of a stream on the night. Alternatively, depending on how you view these type of things, I can point you in the direction of 2 boxing torrent sites that will have the fight available for download within 12 hours of broadcast.

I, like you, want to keep things legitimate and above board however sometimes you've got to bend the rules a little. I have heard however that Box Nation WILL be streaming the fight on their own website.

Send me a PM nearer the time and I'll try and help you out.
thanks for that, really appreciate it.

i will let you know nearer the time, until then i will keep my fingers and toes crossed that boxnation and VM do a deal.

without being cheeky, is there a torrent of walsh vs appleby as i missed that and nothing on youtube, reports said it was a cracking bout. but i was stuck with no way to watch it. gutted.

thanks for all your help.
powerfulpeanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 20:08   #88
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpeanuts View Post
thanks for that, really appreciate it.

i will let you know nearer the time, until then i will keep my fingers and toes crossed that boxnation and VM do a deal.

without being cheeky, is there a torrent of walsh vs appleby as i missed that and nothing on youtube, reports said it was a cracking bout. but i was stuck with no way to watch it. gutted.

thanks for all your help.
Well BoxNation have just confirmed the following on Twitter:

"Cleverly Bellew fight live on the Internet next week"

So finally they'll have their online stream up and running, and it's totally free!

I also noticed the following post too:

"More big news coming soon"

Now this could be a few things really. After checking Boxrec and various other forums neither Frank Warren or Sauerland Promotions over in Germany have any really big cards coming up that haven't yet officially been announced. I do however remember reading that Frank Warren / BoxNation also have a content deal with Golden Boy Promotions so here is what could be this "big news" which is coming soon:

1. BoxNation will be showing Manny Pacquiao Vs. Juan Manuel Marquez on the 12th November 2011.

2. BoxNation will be showing Amir Khan Vs. Lamont Peterson on 10th December 2011.

3. BoxNation have secured further content deals with the likes of Don King, Lou DiBella, Gary Shaw, Dan Goossen and Top Rank (However I beleive Premier Sports has a deal to broadcast the next 10 Top Rank shows).

4. BoxNation have finally agreed a deal with Virgin Media...... or Top Up TV!
Old 07-10-2011, 21:17   #89
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Well BoxNation have just confirmed the following on Twitter:

"Cleverly Bellew fight live on the Internet next week"

So finally they'll have their online stream up and running, and it's totally free!

I also noticed the following post too:

"More big news coming soon"

Now this could be a few things really. After checking Boxrec and various other forums neither Frank Warren or Sauerland Promotions over in Germany have any really big cards coming up that haven't yet officially been announced. I do however remember reading that Frank Warren / BoxNation also have a content deal with Golden Boy Promotions so here is what could be this "big news" which is coming soon:

1. BoxNation will be showing Manny Pacquiao Vs. Juan Manuel Marquez on the 12th November 2011.

2. BoxNation will be showing Amir Khan Vs. Lamont Peterson on 10th December 2011.

3. BoxNation have secured further content deals with the likes of Don King, Lou DiBella, Gary Shaw, Dan Goossen and Top Rank (However I beleive Premier Sports has a deal to broadcast the next 10 Top Rank shows).

4. BoxNation have finally agreed a deal with Virgin Media...... or Top Up TV!
Well we will find out next week Chad one way or other.
Old 07-10-2011, 22:55   #90
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well we will find out next week Chad one way or other.
I'd like to know in the next 48 hours. I need to phone SKY no later than Monday morning if I want my minidish intalled in time for next Saturdays live boxing.

I'm totally in 2 minds. If I can watch all live action on the BoxNation website via stream between now and the channel going live with Virgin I might be able to stick it out. Only problem is the Mrs. has got SKY Atlantic on the brain since I suggested getting a bucket-lid on the side of the house.