Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2009, 16:21   #106
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

any news on hd channels everyones waiting
Advertisement
Old 20-01-2009, 17:31   #107
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwe View Post
any news on hd channels everyones waiting
You do realise that keeping asking every 3 or 4 days aint going to make news come about, once it known it will be advertised everywhere
Old 20-01-2009, 22:58   #108
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

I have had supposed hd box from day one,It was called tv drive then and now have a v+.And i have been promised since then HD channels were coming,So personally will believe it when i see it.VM are full of fall promises and constantly never delivering,I personally think VOD is crap and believe if it had to be paid for no one would use it.I just hope VM hurry up and deliver the HD Channels,Because 1 day Sky will relise and scrap the £10 charge as they did with the Sky+ and the flood gates will open and i personally will then jump ship.
Old 21-01-2009, 13:39   #109
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Non-Virgin Media news - Radio News:

Following the successful launch of nine new Heart stations last week, Global Radio has announced the second phase of the roll out of the Heart brand. Twelve new stations, including GWR, will join the network on Monday 23rd March.

The full list of stations to change are:

GWR Wiltshire
GWR Bristol
GWR Bath
Gemini FM (Torbay and Exeter)
Plymouth Sound
Orchard FM
Lantern FM
South Hams Radio
Fox FM
Severn Sound
2-Ten FM

Info from Radio Today.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 21-01-2009, 20:15   #110
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

Regards the H/D channels that VM have been promising, I called them recently about this, and they told me that they have 4 coming soon. Its all to do with band width they said, and that most of this has been taken up with broadband internet? Like the other poster mentioned, I was on the point of leaving VM as well, but will wait to see the outcome of these new channels.
Cheers, Smudger.
Old 21-01-2009, 20:57   #111
scorpionatthepc
Inactive

Services: Tivo On Medium Plus.Xbox 360,Nexus 7,HTC Desire S & Sky Freesat
scorpionatthepc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgie View Post
Regards the H/D channels that VM have been promising, I called them recently about this, and they told me that they have 4 coming soon. Its all to do with band width they said, and that most of this has been taken up with broadband internet? Like the other poster mentioned, I was on the point of leaving VM as well, but will wait to see the outcome of these new channels.
Cheers, Smudger.
And I bet they didn't tell you which ones they where?
Old 21-01-2009, 22:56   #112
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgie View Post
Cheers, Smudger.
i'm afriad if you phone up retentions they will say anything to get you to stay. I hope in this instance it wasn't lies but they have been promising more HD channels since 2006
Old 21-01-2009, 22:58   #113
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
i'm afriad if you phone up retentions they will say anything to get you to leave. I hope in this instance it wasn't lies but they have been promising more HD channels since 2006
It been promised by the ceo now end of last year for this year so i hope the ceo would be better informed
Old 21-01-2009, 23:02   #114
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
i'm afriad if you phone up retentions they will say anything to get you to leave. I hope in this instance it wasn't lies but they have been promising more HD channels since 2006
I think there's a little typo in that first sentence sherer.
Old 21-01-2009, 23:07   #115
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
I think there's a little typo in that first sentence sherer.
lol yes if only I could edit your post too

started to type will do anything so you don;t leave then changed my mind. Must use the preview post button more
Old 22-01-2009, 10:08   #116
paul_hadley
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, Virgin ADSL2+ and Virgin phone
paul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the roughpaul_hadley is a jewel in the rough

Five US to rebrand as Five USA (16th February) - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...r-five-us.html
Old 22-01-2009, 10:27   #117
naeskydish
Inactive

Services: Tivo , V+ hd , TV XL broadband XXL
naeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nicenaeskydish is just really nice

I'm pretty relaxed about when we get the new HD channels, something to look forward to. The upscaled detail provided through my V+ BOX is enough to keep me going meanwhile. ah okay when the f*** are we getting them.
Old 22-01-2009, 14:47   #118
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I have been given the launch dates for Blighty & Yesterday by UKTV in an email:

Blighty will replace UKTV People on February 17th and will be available on cable and satellite. Channel numbers are Sky 566 and Virgin TV 206.

Yesterday will replace UKTV History on March 2nd and will be available on Freeview and cable and satellite. The channel numbers are Sky 537 (+1 538), Virgin TV 203 and Freevew 12.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 22-01-2009, 20:40   #119
Gadgie
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone, 10Meg Internet & TV & phone package.
Gadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really niceGadgie is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Gadgie

That's a point, why do they keep removing or renaming channels all the time, we have had, UK Gold, then Dave now Watch?
Cheers, Smugder.
Old 22-01-2009, 20:54   #120
Dee4leeds
Inactive

Dee4leeds is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_hadley View Post
Five US to rebrand as Five USA (16th February) - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcas...r-five-us.html
Told you so! I was the first to report this, over a month ago!

Link to Article

Closed Thread