Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2009, 22:19   #91
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiblateef View Post
Alpha ETC Punjabi rebranded to ZEE Punjabi.

http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsar...tc_punja_6.php
I found out about the rebranded today and post it here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34716341-post275.html

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveetwo View Post
Im not one to complain usually but how come freeview stuff is on a "coming to virgin tv" thread?
I post Freeview stuff due to some people having Freeview for the other room when they are on Virgin Media.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 16-01-2009, 08:55   #92
HaroldT
Inactive

HaroldT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Media Boy - Just had a quick peak and it seems just the thing. This should keep me busy. Many thanks.

HaroldT
Old 17-01-2009, 21:09   #93
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldT View Post
Hello Media Boy - Do you have the time to help me with my difficulty that I posted yesterday at 19.35 pm - please. It is a helluva long time since Virgin posted, by mail, a comprehensive list of correct Titles and Channel Numbers - as I am sure you know. At least, with your help, I will again be able to keep up with changes as they happen.

HaroldT [an octogenarian !]
The channels are all listed on your electronic programme guide. I don't really understand the problem.
Old 18-01-2009, 12:52   #94
HaroldT
Inactive

HaroldT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Old Boy - If you look back a few entries you will find that Media Boy posted just the site I seemed to need - here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_on_Virgin_TV

But thanks....

HaroldT
Old 18-01-2009, 14:17   #95
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

There is a list printed in the electronic version of Virgin Media magazine 'Electric!'. Granted that isn't exactly right as there are a few channels with the wrong EPG numbers (i.e. Hallmark+1 being on 191). But on the whole it's correct...

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers...nnel-guide.pdf
Old 19-01-2009, 22:02   #96
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

This weeks update now online - see post one.
Old 20-01-2009, 01:34   #97
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Not much happening on the VM network, as usual, but it seems the people at Sky will get yet another new channel, Discovery ID.
Old 20-01-2009, 01:55   #98
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
Not much happening on the VM network, as usual,
Setanta on demand
ITV on demand coming soon

Still waiting for day that I can watch VOD on SKY
Old 20-01-2009, 08:35   #99
pedg
Inactive

Services: VIP
pedg is a jewel in the roughpedg is a jewel in the roughpedg is a jewel in the roughpedg is a jewel in the roughpedg is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
This weeks update now online - see post one.
One change is that the inauguration is also going to be on BBC HD apparently. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcintern...on_bbc_hd.html
Old 20-01-2009, 08:54   #100
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedg View Post
One change is that the inauguration is also going to be on BBC HD apparently. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcintern...on_bbc_hd.html
not really too bothered about that. Seems loads of people around me are more concerned about the politics of another country than their own

Usually with VM when they announce something it some online very soon or that day so hopefully we shouldn't have too long to wait for ITV Catch Up
Old 20-01-2009, 09:54   #101
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Whats going on with the linear HD channels?... i was very much hopeing one of them would be Eurosport HD and in time for The Australian Open... fecking stupid we STILL have to put up with Eurosport in 4:3 >
Old 20-01-2009, 10:11   #102
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

i agree mobes, bbc is pretty much only doing murray matches, eurosport is poor quality and 4:3 Why are they still using 4:3 anyway, if they are shooting in hd why not just convert that into Widescreen PDTV??
Old 20-01-2009, 11:45   #103
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

UKTV People is to be rebranded as ''Blighty'' in February.
With UKTV History being rebranded as ''Yesterday'' in March.

Info from Next weeks Radio Times.
Old 20-01-2009, 13:14   #104
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
i agree mobes, bbc is pretty much only doing murray matches, eurosport is poor quality and 4:3 Why are they still using 4:3 anyway, if they are shooting in hd why not just convert that into Widescreen PDTV??
Exactly... there is NO excuse for British Eurosport not to be transmitted in 16:9 in SD... pathetic! (This may not be Virgins fault i guess if the only get the stream but...)
Old 20-01-2009, 16:13   #105
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobes View Post
Whats going on with the linear HD channels?... i was very much hopeing one of them would be Eurosport HD and in time for The Australian Open*... fecking stupid we STILL have to put up with Eurosport in 4:3 >
*For this use the RED button on bbc ?
Closed Thread