Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phone rings, but only hear someones TV and can't ring off!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Light User Scheme

Old 06-08-2007, 12:40   #1
Harry56
Inactive

Harry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notoriety
Light User Scheme

Does Virgin Media operate a scheme similar to the Light User Scheme operated by British Telecom?

H56
Harry56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2007, 12:48   #2
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Light User Scheme

They used to but I think it was discontinued about 4-5 years ago.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 13:05   #3
Harry56
Inactive

Harry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notorietyHarry56 has some notoriety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek S View Post
They used to but I think it was discontinued about 4-5 years ago.
I thought VM had only been in existence just over a year or so if not less.

H56
Old 06-08-2007, 13:07   #4
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry56 View Post
Ntl used to have one but it was discontinued well before the merger with Telewest (who again I think used to have one in the distant past) and the subsequent name change to Virgin Media.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 19:09   #5
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:

H56

I thought you knew

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34345455-post23.html
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 21:53   #6
what?
Inactive

Services: vm tv xl, 20mb bb, and phoneline(tu 24)
what? will become famous soon enoughwhat? will become famous soon enoughwhat? will become famous soon enough

this time last year ntl certainly still had the light user scheme to some level

i worked in cs for a few months (a few of the worst months of my life )
and i remember having a couple of people who were on this though wouldn't be able to say whether or not these were customers who had been on it for years, as normally any package your on like this you get to stay on even if they stop offering it, but once off can't get back on

as i say im not sure though so may be an idea to give cs a ring and find out the possibilities.
what? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 20:50   #7
Harry56
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
It was a rhetorical question and not even that, note the absence of a ?

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by what? View Post
this time last year ntl certainly still had the light user scheme to some level

i worked in cs for a few months (a few of the worst months of my life )
and i remember having a couple of people who were on this though wouldn't be able to say whether or not these were customers who had been on it for years, as normally any package your on like this you get to stay on even if they stop offering it, but once off can't get back on

as i say im not sure though so may be an idea to give cs a ring and find out the possibilities.
What ring VM customer services
Old 07-08-2007, 21:04   #8
what?
Inactive

Services: vm tv xl, 20mb bb, and phoneline(tu 24)
what? will become famous soon enoughwhat? will become famous soon enoughwhat? will become famous soon enough

not always the most prudent move, but if you're lucky anough to get a british call centre not normally to bad, not in my experiences
what? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:57   #9
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star

Quote:
It was a rhetorical question and not even that, note the absence of a ?
It wasn't phrased as a question at all
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote