Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 07:47   #1651
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Could it be. Has there been sightings of the devil ice skating in hell

BTW for a explanation See my sig
Maybe not actually skating yet, but I think I saw him buying some skates
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2009, 07:56   #1652
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
Not wanting to depress anybody, but haven't we been here before with "channels testing", eg Wedding TV, JJB sports, Daystar and Pop girls or something?
Far be it for me to criticize VM with Andrew around but we still have yet to receive any of these channels.
All those channels sound awful, and this is the first time we've had HD channels being tested. This is a step towards the HD channels they promised finally appearing.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:26   #1653
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Just saw this on http://www.vmhd.blogspot.com/

"Six HD channels now testing on Virgin Media
According to Jasmeet:

The following are now in testing

* VMTest1 - History HD
* VMTest2 - National Geographic Channel HD
* VMTest3 - FX HD
* VMTest4 - MTVNHD
* VMTest5 - History HD
* VMTest6 - Eurosport HD

I cannot verify this but Jasmeet's normally on the money. (Please, no quips about VMTest5 - History HD being a +1...)
If this becomes the promised channels, with C4 HD instead of a second History HD channel, then that's a pretty broad selection. ITV HD for the football would be welcome, too. "

They sound pretty good to me BUT FX is interesting as its a Fox network and no Cnhl4 or ITV HD which i thought would be a shoe-in - so not sure how true these can be....
Old 08-07-2009, 10:07   #1654
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

If true with C4HD bolted on this would be great news. I think with this line up they will retain alot of people who would otherwise have moved. I will be staying if this comes into play.

I know you have your die hard "I want 40HD channels" people but this would be a good foundaion to entice people back from Sky combined with VM's other services.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:12   #1655
percie123
Permanently Banned

percie123 is infamous around these partspercie123 is infamous around these parts

no sign of espn classics then, oh well off to sky
Old 08-07-2009, 10:19   #1656
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
Not wanting to depress anybody, but haven't we been here before with "channels testing", eg Wedding TV, JJB sports, Daystar and Pop girls or something?
Far be it for me to criticize VM with Andrew around but we still have yet to receive any of these channels.
Nothing wrong with critisism that is true, but at least it a step in the right direction if they are testing hd channels to see how it effects the system, and all the hd channels meantion are plausible ones that mgiht launch

EDIT: Pop girl never tested just got meantioned by the broadcaster
Old 08-07-2009, 11:36   #1657
call08
Inactive

Services: V+ xl broaband 8.2 meg service
call08 is an unknown quantity at this point

dought two history channels might be miltray history hd i still reckon c4 hd will be there
Old 08-07-2009, 11:38   #1658
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by call08 View Post
dought two history channels might be miltray history hd i still reckon c4 hd will be there
probally they have the right to carry it, probally find it will be milary hd and they will launch them 6 and ch4hd and itvhd
Old 08-07-2009, 12:13   #1659
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

It will be intresting to see what the second history hd will be.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:17   #1660
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
It will be intresting to see what the second history hd will be.
I think it will be Bio HD.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 08-07-2009, 12:32   #1661
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

What numbers are they on or have they been taken off?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:33   #1662
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayonet View Post
What numbers are they on or have they been taken off?
You can not see them they are tests, only certain users can see them with certain boxes and they can onyl see them in engineer menu
Old 08-07-2009, 12:47   #1663
bayonet
cf.addict

bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

Ok cheers
Old 08-07-2009, 13:02   #1664
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
You can not see them they are tests, only certain users can see them with certain boxes and they can onyl see them in engineer menu
And a further clarification to that, is that people can only see a "list" of testing channels not the actual channels themselves. Only certain VM staff members can see the actual channels testing.

Don't assume that because a certain channel is listed as testing, that, that'll be the channel actually launching, it may not. Tests are just that, tests, to check the quality of the network.

I would be surprised (or perhaps not, as it's VM we're talking about here...) if ESPN HD is not among the first tranche of HD channels to launch.
Old 08-07-2009, 13:09   #1665
bayonet
cf.addict

I've got the original SA V+ box (the silver one) any way of checking if I've got extra channels testing
Closed Thread