Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 28-07-2009, 12:41   #2251
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook29 View Post
That's for BT though.
I know its for bt.
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2009, 13:19   #2252
Jabbs
Inactive

Services: 50MB Cable - XL TV - XL Phone - 2 x V+ HD - 1 x Standard
Jabbs is on a distinguished roadJabbs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
That was CW areas but here is some news on Channels testing in Ex-ntl areas:

VMTest 1 is now also testing the full epg for Ch4

VMTest 2 is now also testing the full epg of National Geographic

VMTest5 & 6 is testing History HD with no Epg.
I live in a ex-ntl area but when i look through the ep guide i see nothing.
Old 28-07-2009, 13:22   #2253
Nook29
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Nook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to beholdNook29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
I know its for bt.
So why post it in the 'Coming soon to Virgin TV' thread?
Old 28-07-2009, 13:23   #2254
bluecandylover

Services: Virgin Media VIVID 200, XL TV, TiVo 1Tb, Sky+HD 2Tb, Box Set Bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbs View Post
Probably testing off from the public, only staff testing I guess.

Old 28-07-2009, 13:39   #2255
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nook29 View Post
So why post it in the 'Coming soon to Virgin TV' thread?
Didn't BT sign with Universal first so could this be a sign of things to come.
Old 28-07-2009, 14:04   #2256
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbs View Post
you would need a samsung box and the engineer menu or dvb-c card
Old 28-07-2009, 15:47   #2257
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted, if it has I can't find it but I've just noticed this on VM's TV page, confirmation of the upcoming HD channels by the end of July, with Living HD to follow soon after.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...us-hd-box.html
Old 28-07-2009, 15:56   #2258
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

....great find.
Old 28-07-2009, 17:15   #2259
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

the following HD Channels testing info is from Wikipedia.

VMTest1 - HD test using Channel 4 HD
VMTest2 - HD test using National Geographic Channel HD
VMTest3 - HD test using FX HD
VMTest4 - HD test using MTVNHD
VMTest5 - HD test using History HD
VMTest6 - HD test using National Geographic Channel HD (Maybe turn into Nat Geo Wild HD?)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 28-07-2009, 17:21   #2260
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Ill check later see if there any change to xtw testing
Old 28-07-2009, 17:31   #2261
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Is it possible to view these test channels? If so how.
Old 28-07-2009, 17:35   #2262
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Does anyone know of the decision of ESPN on VM, l believe there should have been some news today.
Old 28-07-2009, 17:47   #2263
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Does anyone know of the decision of ESPN on VM, l believe there should have been some news today.
Where did youg et your information there would be news today?

and no there has not as i am pretty sure media boy would have posted it as beaking news

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Is it possible to view these test channels? If so how.
Yes

You need either a samsung 2110 or 3110 box, or you need dvb-c card (no i will not say how if you wanted to do that you are breaking the tc and you ar eon your own how to do it)

The box you need th engineer menu to verify they are testing, viewing the channesl is a little more tricky i wont explain that, try the epg number if oyu seen it in the engineer menu if it works your in luck if not then it complex way to view it a believe
Old 28-07-2009, 17:53   #2264
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
Where did youg et your information there would be news today?

and no there has not as i am pretty sure media boy would have posted it as beaking news

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

Yes

You need either a samsung 2110 or 3110 box, or you need dvb-c card (no i will not say how if you wanted to do that you are breaking the tc and you ar eon your own how to do it)

The box you need th engineer menu to verify they are testing, viewing the channesl is a little more tricky i wont explain that, try the epg number if oyu seen it in the engineer menu if it works your in luck if not then it complex way to view it a believe
Ok thanks, i was hoping it was just a channel number.
Old 28-07-2009, 18:15   #2265
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
the following HD Channels testing info is from Wikipedia.

VMTest1 - HD test using Channel 4 HD
VMTest2 - HD test using National Geographic Channel HD
VMTest3 - HD test using FX HD
VMTest4 - HD test using MTVNHD
VMTest5 - HD test using History HD
VMTest6 - HD test using National Geographic Channel HD (Maybe turn into Nat Geo Wild HD?)
Update: The National Geographic Channel HD is testing on two channels in the Ex-ntl areas.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread