Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ITV 3 - freeview problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Digital TV Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ITV 3 - freeview problem

Old 10-11-2004, 10:50   #16
Graham F
Inactive

Graham F has reached the bronze age
Graham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze ageGraham F has reached the bronze age
Re: ITV 3 - freeview problem

I am led to believe it was to do with the signal that sandy heath gets, it was getting a relay signal from the peterboro transmitter, when that went up in smoke!! it caused probs, they have now fixed it by going through a transmitter in London....thats what the BBC reckon anyway
Graham F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2004, 11:02   #17
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby
I am led to believe it was to do with the signal that sandy heath gets, it was getting a relay signal from the peterboro transmitter, when that went up in smoke!! it caused probs, they have now fixed it by going through a transmitter in London....thats what the BBC reckon anyway
I'm glad someone knew what was going on - Cheers for the info.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 17:41   #18
angmel
Inactive

angmel is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been having trouble with ITV3 & ITV1 on my freeview box they go off after a couple of seconds and I have to reset the freeview box

my freeview is a nokia I live in lancashire, but last week I took the box to norfolk and had the same problem there
My husband rany top up tv(its not there problem) on an other matter and they said they had had a number of people mentioning it
angmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:50   #19
Chris O'grady
Inactive

Services: Freeview
Chris O'grady is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a Goodmans box, and live in Devon and ITV3 disappeared about a month ago. My sister-in-law lives in Newcastle and the same happened to her (don't know what make of box).
Chris O'grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:55   #20
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Firstly welcome to the site

You should try retuning your box or TV to see if you can get it back. As I understand it freeview were doing some channel sorting around that time.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2007, 11:17   #21
arkwright23
Inactive

Services: VIP package
arkwright23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris O'grady View Post
I have a Goodmans box, and live in Devon and ITV3 disappeared about a month ago. My sister-in-law lives in Newcastle and the same happened to her (don't know what make of box).
I have a Goodman GDB3 box and ITV 3 would come on for a couple of seconds and then go off and just show a blank screen.

I corrected the problem as follows:

click menu
click installation
click first time installation
select 'yes' to delete all channels
choose the tv type you have
and off you go

I tried initially searching for new channels, but to no avail.

regards
A
arkwright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2007, 10:51   #22
Brian101
Inactive

Brian101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Had the same problem of not being able to receive ITV3 Freeview on two different boxes over the week-end. Have done a channel search on each box and they are both receiving ITV3 again. The broadcaster must have done something to cause this. Signal strength and quality is high an it has always worked before.
Brian101 is offline   Reply With Quote