Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:45   #736
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

Wedding TV on Virgin Media update:

In email I got a following:

Quote:
Im afraid we have no fixed date as of yet, but are hoping to appear on virgin media soon.
---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

Virgin On Demand news:

On Sunday (April 5th) Paramount Comedy will be removed from TV Choice but will relaunch on May 8th as ''Comedy Central''.

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/comedy-central.php
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2009, 11:22   #737
kesterwww
Inactive

Services: BT total BB. BT Vision.
kesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

On Sunday (April 5th) Paramount Comedy will be removed from TV Choice but will relaunch on May 8th as ''Comedy Central''.

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/comedy-central.php
No Paramount comedy for a month? That is probably my favourite channel, I love King of Queens, Frazier, The Office:American, infact to many to list.
I hope it's just a name change, and the programme doesn't change to much.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:26   #738
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesterwww View Post
No Paramount comedy for a month? That is probably my favourite channel, I love King of Queens, Frazier, The Office:American, infact to many to list.
I hope it's just a name change, and the programme doesn't change to much.
No.

Its only On Demand

The TV Channels will rebrand on Monday with:
Paramount 1 being Comedy Central and Paramount 2 being Comedy Central Extra.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 02-04-2009, 13:31   #739
kesterwww
Inactive

Services: BT total BB. BT Vision.
kesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
No.

Its only On Demand

Thanks for clearing that up. What a relief.
... I made a mix up... nothing new there.
Old 02-04-2009, 19:13   #740
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I have never heard so much crap in my life concerning VM statement on HD channels, We get this statement from Niel Berkett, that this is plans for HD channels, in the next few months, This was in December, VM have no intention of bringing HD channels this year, they are more intent on the ' On Demand ' service, then pleasing there customer database, These so called ' contract negoiations ' is a white herring, If they have to contact Sky, for them, well that is going to be long drawn problem, Its about the CEO of VM pulled his finger out and gave the customers want is wanted,.
Old 02-04-2009, 20:09   #741
Tijer
Inactive

Services: SKY TV, Phone, Internet Xbox 360, PS3, PSP
Tijer will become famous soon enoughTijer will become famous soon enoughTijer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Tijer Send a message via AIM to Tijer Send a message via MSN to Tijer Send a message via Yahoo to Tijer

doesnt matter to me... i dont have a v+ box, and no channels are broadcast in full 1080p HD, so i'll stick to my blu rays, when virgin get their hd channels they will get them, continuing to moan every other day that they still havent arrived will not make them arrive any quicker, now like many other posters have said i thought this thread was titled 'Coming soon to virgin media' hd channels are coming but not as soon as you all wanted, now lets get this thread back on track shall we?

When i say i dont have a V+ box i mean i dont have a v+ box connected to my 1080p TV :P

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
[SNIP]

Its about the CEO of VM pulled his finger out and gave the customers want is wanted,.

It has nothing to do with the CEO there are contracts that need signing, he cant magic up HD channels without contracts signed....
Old 03-04-2009, 00:02   #742
Compaq3
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL T.V, V+ and V box, L Phone + 10MB Broadband
Compaq3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Compaq3

Hi, Does anyone know what has happened to Trouble and Trouble+1, Me and my daughter loved watching My wife and kids, Girlfriends, One on one etc.. They were all such a good laugh on a boring Sunday afternoon, instead we have two more boring Living T.Vs i.e Living+2 and Living 2+ why take of two good channels which have been there since day 1, for two more Living channels when we already had three Living channels..
What is Virgin Media thinkinking of?
Old 03-04-2009, 00:17   #743
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array

It's closed

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...s-closing.html
Old 03-04-2009, 00:40   #744
dd11
Inactive

Services: XL V+ HD - 50mb Broadband, XL Phone - Free Satellite
dd11 is on a distinguished roaddd11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compaq3 View Post
Hi, Does anyone know what has happened to Trouble and Trouble+1, Me and my daughter loved watching My wife and kids, Girlfriends, One on one etc.. They were all such a good laugh on a boring Sunday afternoon, instead we have two more boring Living T.Vs i.e Living+2 and Living 2+ why take of two good channels which have been there since day 1, for two more Living channels when we already had three Living channels..
What is Virgin Media thinkinking of?
I liked watching 'My Wife and Kids' too, but i think its on one of the living channels now.

Even though i don't like watching living and all the model stuff etc, it would make so much sense to have a Living HD chnnel, im sure it's mostly filmed in HD in the US.
I've said it since...well since i got VM a few yrs ago.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:46   #745
Compaq3
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL T.V, V+ and V box, L Phone + 10MB Broadband
Compaq3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Compaq3

Well i think its a real shame Trouble has gone, i have watched it ever since i first had Telewest on the old analogue box, but couldn't VM have found something better than more Living TVs to replace it with, i mean three of them was more than enough, its just repeating all the time getting as bad as Sky..
Old 03-04-2009, 06:37   #746
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well i think its a real shame Trouble has gone, i have watched it ever since i first had Telewest on the old analogue box, but couldn't VM have found something better than more Living TVs to replace it with, i mean three of them was more than enough, its just repeating all the time getting as bad as Sky..
Living is their most watched channel and they felt like we needed all the extra Living channels.

However you can still find some of the programmes from Trouble either on Virgin 1 or Living.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:07   #747
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The extra Living channels are just placeholders, temporary channels until VM rebrand all their channels later in the year.
Old 03-04-2009, 18:57   #748
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
No.

Its only On Demand

Do you, or anybody else for that matter know, with the rebrand will this channel now start broadcasting in widescreen?
Old 04-04-2009, 14:20   #749
Alpha ETC user
Inactive

Alpha ETC user is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody know an exact date when Alpha ETC Punjabi will be coming to ex-telewest areas as well as all other ex-ntl Channels?

It has dragged on for a while now and it's getting a bit annoying waiting for it.

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha ETC user View Post
Does anybody know an exact date when Alpha ETC Punjabi will be coming to ex-telewest areas as well as all other ex-ntl Channels?

It has dragged on for a while now and it's getting a bit annoying waiting for it.
Sorri forgot to mention that Alpha ETC Punjabi is now called Zee Punjabi
Old 06-04-2009, 11:10   #750
Jabbs
Inactive

Services: 50MB Cable - XL TV - XL Phone - 2 x V+ HD - 1 x Standard
Jabbs is on a distinguished roadJabbs is on a distinguished road

I thought a deal had been signed for Channel 4HD, i recall seeing about it few weeks ago but still nothing on when its coming ?
Closed Thread