Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 15-09-2013, 16:59   #1531
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Does the TiVo implementation of Netflix support SuperHD streaming?
Are Netflix results incorporated into the search results?
Yes to both
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2013, 18:38   #1532
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Is anybody else having problems with their TiVo EPG, I keep getting on some channels info saying to be announced
Old 15-09-2013, 19:19   #1533
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

How far ahead are you going? I can get info for BBC up until the 27th of September on my TiVo. After that and it will only show TBA.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 19:26   #1534
mhatter67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
How far ahead are you going? I can get info for BBC up until the 27th of September on my TiVo. After that and it will only show TBA.
Sorry I am talking about current viewable programmes on certain channels, but if you go forward a few hours it corrects itself
Old 15-09-2013, 20:13   #1535
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Oh. In that case no idea, sorry. I have it a few times, mostly when I have rebooted the box.
Old 15-09-2013, 20:35   #1536
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Try going into Help&Settings->Settings->Network and make a service connection.

Do you turn the box off overnight?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2013, 21:40   #1537
mhatter67

Thumbs up Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Try going into Help&Settings->Settings->Network and make a service connection.

Do you turn the box off overnight?
The EPG seemed to settle down before I posted, this only seemed to happen over the last few days! Thanks SP I have run your suggestion and everything seems fine, for the record I always leave my TiVo in standby mode overnight.
Old 02-10-2013, 23:10   #1538
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

Sky have added as-you-type search. Any idea if TiVO will add this?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/02/s...earch-upgrade/
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 23:13   #1539
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risco View Post
Sky have added as-you-type search. Any idea if TiVO will add this?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/02/s...earch-upgrade/
Tivo already has this
martin201002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 16:25   #1540
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin201002 View Post
Tivo already has this
And a great feature it is. With it being able to show Netflix results it's going to be something which I'm going to use even more.

There's another TiVo feature which Sky are copying isn't there? Being able to access your planner through the app when not connected to the same network as the box. Looks like Sky know nothing about originality.
nn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 13:48   #1541
HowardCanning
Inactive

Services: 50MB internet, V+ box etc
HowardCanning is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, a general question. We have two Samsung V+ boxes which we've had for a couple of years. I notice now that VM don't offer V+ boxes to new customers, only the "V HD" box, and a TiVo box for recording. This is, as a new customer, pretty much the same price as we pay for our package now.

Will I have any luck in phoning up VM and asking if we can have our V+ boxes replaced with TiVo boxes without any additional cost?

Wondering if anyone else has been through this before I waste time phoning them!
HowardCanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 14:40   #1542
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

Would be best to call retentions (thinking of leaving us). 150, then option 5 then option 3. Open Monday to Saturday during office hours. If out of contract, they might be able to do a deal for you.
Old 28-10-2013, 08:22   #1543
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Hello all i have a quick question, sorry if its already been asked, is there any way to delete all my deleted shows with just a press of a button as it takes for ever with the suggestions that i have to delete as well. Thanks in advance for any help.
albertsteptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 09:18   #1544
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

No. But they delete anyway automatically, shows in the deleted folder.
Old 28-10-2013, 09:22   #1545
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
Hello all i have a quick question, sorry if its already been asked, is there any way to delete all my deleted shows with just a press of a button as it takes for ever with the suggestions that i have to delete as well. Thanks in advance for any help.
You can select a folder and press "Clear". This will delete everything in that folder. This works for Suggestions but as I've never needed to do it I'm not sure if it works for the deleted folder too.

But if you are only deleting suggestions/deleted shows to free up space for more recordings be aware that they don't logically take up any space and the Tivo box will automatically delete suggestions or previously deleted records when required.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote