Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2013/14 & Summer Window

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2013/14 & Summer Window
Closed Thread

Old 31-05-2013, 15:11   #106
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2013/14 & Summer Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
It really is nice to not have to worry about letting go of key players and instead add top class quality
Have you any left that others want?
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2013, 15:14   #107
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

yup I'm sure City would love Jack
Old 31-05-2013, 15:20   #108
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Jack? Of all trades? or "the lad"

But to be honest, I would favour new players, not the same old faces
Old 31-05-2013, 15:23   #109
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Jack who put Nasri is his place

Exceptions can be made for exceptional talent. Theres no denying Fab was a completely different player for Arsenal.
Old 31-05-2013, 15:31   #110
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
The trouble with Jack is he spends more time on the injury table then he spends on the pitch.
Old 31-05-2013, 15:40   #111
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Yes. I would take Jack but his injury proneness puts me off. I think he's lost that bit of development by missing a while at crucial age. Will still be a very, very good player but won't be Xavi/Iniesta class I don't think.

As for transfer stories - they're not all wrong are they? so I don't think you can just dismiss them because they aren't always right.

However, Fabregas will not leave Barca and the bookies odds are coming down to entice idiots to waste their money. Easy money.
Old 31-05-2013, 15:43   #112
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
Yes. I would take Jack but his injury proneness puts me off. I think he's lost that bit of development by missing a while at crucial age. Will still be a very, very good player but won't be Xavi/Iniesta class I don't think.

As for transfer stories - they're not all wrong are they? so I don't think you can just dismiss them because they aren't always right.

However, Fabregas will not leave Barca and the bookies odds are coming down to entice idiots to waste their money. Easy money.
If I say every player..and every main club..and get some right...does that make it any different?

As i said...there is little burden of evidence for football stories...which stories on other subjects would never be allowed.
Old 31-05-2013, 15:53   #113
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The trouble with Jack is he spends more time on the injury table then he spends on the pitch.
Thats because he gets burnt out.
Old 31-05-2013, 15:53   #114
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
If I say every player..and every main club..and get some right...does that make it any different?

As i said...there is little burden of evidence for football stories...which stories on other subjects would never be allowed.
It's not every player tho is it?

I know of a certain defender for a Championship club who was in talks with a Premier League side last season. He was told he was going to be bought, and at last minute they got someone else instead.

This summer, he is negotiating with a different Premier League club. That Premier League club already have an international in his position but he is heavily linked (in the press) with another Premier League Club.

These negotiations go on where people agree to sign but nothings done because another move in a long chain might not go through.

For example, this Championship club will probably be negotiating a deal for a replacement, and that club and the next club...
Old 31-05-2013, 15:57   #115
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I agree with Colin. Newspapers need to fill up space and they use transfer stories to do it. If one player is rumoured to be moving then expect them to be linked to every club that is rumoured to need a striker. So few of these rumours turn out to be anything at all. Remember when we were rumoured to be 99% done on M'Vila, then 'complications' occurred, then Arsenal fans got mad at Wenger, someone spread a rumour Wenger 'dithered', then that we wouldn't match the cost, then that Spurs had hijacked the bid and so on until we were wondering if it would be sealed on deadline day.

In the end Arsenal hadn't even made an approach that summer. An entire 'transfer saga' fabricated from almost nothing - just that the player wanted to leave Rennes.

Also 'burden of evidence'? Newspapers don't have to reveal their dubious sources so when a newspaper 'understands' that a club is 'interested' you have a nonsense of a story. A story that could be written by anyone about anything without being called upon. They could easily then have 'misunderstood' and 'interested' doesn't commit anyone to anything.

As for them sometimes being right? Well they're more often wrong than right and it doesn't take a genius to link players to positions at other clubs. Arsenal need a striker, Rooney wants to leave United, easy story. Damien understands that Arsenal are interested in Rooney.

Honestly let's come up with a set of rumours and see if we score better or worse than the press.

The only time to have some interest in a rumour is if it contains specific information or quotes that they can then be called out on. I.E 'The player met the manager' or '£70,000 a week for five years'.
Old 31-05-2013, 16:00   #116
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Honestly let's come up with a set of rumours and see if we score better or worse than the press.
Should we set up another thread for that.

Pellegrini to man city, isco too. Ok, i started it
Old 31-05-2013, 16:01   #117
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Its why i hate this time of year, especially when theres no summer tournament, you get people who believe every transfer story they read, it gets quite tiresome.
Old 31-05-2013, 16:05   #118
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Its why i hate this time of year, especially when theres no summer tournament, you get people who believe every transfer story they read, it gets quite tiresome.
People get quite deluded really. They believe rumours just because they hope they're true rather than focusing on the more likely rumours such as Cavini's imminent transfer to Arsenal.
Old 31-05-2013, 16:11   #119
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Thats because he gets burnt out.
And yet Wenger says he will protect him.
Old 31-05-2013, 16:13   #120
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And yet Wenger says he will protect him.
Well if Fabregas comes in then he will be protected by additional quality meaning not having to play 24/7.
Closed Thread