Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

Old 04-07-2012, 08:23   #166
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Services: Internet VIVID 150Mb Tv M, Phone - Talk weekends.
nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road
Re: Areas already upgraded (2012 double speed upgrades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelmclelland View Post
Anyone know if the Wirral area has been upgraded yet, If I log in to "My Virginmedia" it does not say yet ?
Agh well...... I phoned VM last night and got told 5th July 2012 for Wirral upgrade, lets see what happens!
nigelmclelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2012, 19:42   #167
Mauldor
Inactive

Services: 50mbit, Base TV, Base Phone
Mauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of light

Finally the My Virgin media site came back up and not only did it inform me that I was already at 100mbit but my modem was fine for wired connection (Ambit 300). I called 150 and it took 25 minutes to get somebody from india to answer. he told me my current modem cannot handle 100mbit and would not send the config file (if one should exist) and a superhub was on its way , 2-3 working days. Scunthorpe area..
Mauldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 20:06   #168
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauldor View Post
Finally the My Virgin media site came back up and not only did it inform me that I was already at 100mbit but my modem was fine for wired connection (Ambit 300). I called 150 and it took 25 minutes to get somebody from india to answer. he told me my current modem cannot handle 100mbit and would not send the config file (if one should exist) and a superhub was on its way , 2-3 working days. Scunthorpe area..
Utter rubbish, the VMNG300 is quite capable of 100mb. Read some of the threads on here that prove that this is the case. Try calling CS during the week in normal office hours. You should get a non Indian rep. who can sort you problem. Hope this is of some help.
Old 05-07-2012, 14:14   #169
tbx
Inactive

tbx is an unknown quantity at this point

I just checked and my area is supposed to be getting upgraded sometime this month, with that in mind just wanted to ask a question regarding what to expect.

I'm currently on one of the old 10Mb packages so will VM be shifting my package to match their current lowest package (30mb) or will I end up on a 20Mb mystery tier, getting a lesser service for the same price as a new customer?
tbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 14:51   #170
nigelmclelland
Inactive

nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbx View Post
I just checked and my area is supposed to be getting upgraded sometime this month, with that in mind just wanted to ask a question regarding what to expect.

I'm currently on one of the old 10Mb packages so will VM be shifting my package to match their current lowest package (30mb) or will I end up on a 20Mb mystery tier, getting a lesser service for the same price as a new customer?
Whats your area?
Old 05-07-2012, 14:57   #171
Eeeps
cf.addict

Eeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

The suggestion is that if you have a SHub already you should go straight to 30/1. Then at some point in the future the upstream will be upgraded to provide bonded channels and 3Mb/s.

If you don't have a SHub then you will go to 20/1 and then to 20/2 when the upstream improvements are made. You will have an option to 'buy' a SHub for a one off payment to take you to 30/1. The SHub remains VM propertly however!

If you are not in contract I'd expect a quick call to retentions to get you the SHub for free and maybe even a better monthly rate. You'll have to be convincing and polite IME.
Eeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 15:03   #172
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

I thought it was 30/2

Also 20/1 doesn't exist, it's 20/2 for all.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 15:10   #173
tbx
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelmclelland View Post
Whats your area?
VM wesbite says it is area ref 20, cheshire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeps View Post
The suggestion is that if you have a SHub already you should go straight to 30/1. Then at some point in the future the upstream will be upgraded to provide bonded channels and 3Mb/s.

If you don't have a SHub then you will go to 20/1 and then to 20/2 when the upstream improvements are made. You will have an option to 'buy' a SHub for a one off payment to take you to 30/1. The SHub remains VM propertly however!

If you are not in contract I'd expect a quick call to retentions to get you the SHub for free and maybe even a better monthly rate. You'll have to be convincing and polite IME.
My existing contract is up this month (I phoned them just under 12 months ago since I was paying roughly £5 more than new customers at the time and they adjusted the price then and locked me into a new 12 month contract.) I don't currently have a superhub, still have the old blue modem from the ntl days so it looks like I'll be making a call to VM shortly.

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-07-2012, 15:18   #174
Eeeps
cf.addict

Eeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
I thought it was 30/2

Also 20/1 doesn't exist, it's 20/2 for all.
You're correct re 30/2 for the L30 moving to 30/3.

However, ML20 is 20/1 moving to 20/2.

(Source STM policy 2/4/2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 15:28   #175
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Ben is the Wirral being upgraded today (CH63)?
Old 05-07-2012, 15:31   #176
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
However, ML20 is 20/1 moving to 20/2
Gee, there's an ML20 now too? Complicated buggers.

I'm assuming that's the "doubled" version of 10/1
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 15:40   #177
Eeeps
cf.addict

Quote:
What area of Cheshire (it's a big county). I'm over in the east - Bollington (aka Happy Valley).

Quote:
My existing contract is up this month (I phoned them just under 12 months ago since I was paying roughly £5 more than new customers at the time and they adjusted the price then and locked me into a new 12 month contract.) I don't currently have a superhub, still have the old blue modem from the ntl days so it looks like I'll be making a call to VM shortly.

Thanks for the info.
Another good reason to get onto the L30 tier is that the STM rate is only 50% rather than 75% reduction.
So if you get STMd on 20Mb/s you end up with 5Mb/s rather than 15Mb/s on 30Mb/s.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Gee, there's an ML20 now too? Complicated buggers.

I'm assuming that's the "doubled" version of 10/1
I know what you mean. I guess the logic is that the M10 & L10 go to the ML20.

Also, you might assume that the L30 is only for L10 customers. M10 customers might have to haggle.
Old 05-07-2012, 15:42   #178
tbx
Inactive

Quote:
What area of Cheshire (it's a big county). I'm over in the east - Bollington (aka Happy Valley).

Another good reason to get onto the L30 tier is that the STM rate is only 50% rather than 75% reduction.
So if you get STMd on 20Mb/s you end up with 5Mb/s rather than 15Mb/s on 30Mb/s.
Macclesfield.
And yeah, that 50% reduction is definitely appealing as the STM has been driving me nuts of late.
Old 05-07-2012, 16:16   #179
Eeeps
cf.addict

Quote:
Macclesfield.
And yeah, that 50% reduction is definitely appealing as the STM has been driving me nuts of late.
I guess we'll get upgraded at the same time. I'm on cpc14-macc3-2-0.

Hitting the evening 1.5GB is a regular occurance for me too. The kids get home from school, 2 * iPlayer stream for a couple of hours and it's STMd before I get home from work Sometimes I've even taken to downloading 1.5GB of data from 4pm (finishes at about 4:20) so that I have full rate again at 9:20.
Old 05-07-2012, 16:42   #180
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Quote:

Thanks for the info.
Yes I am area 20 CH63 wonder if its gonna be tonight for speed upgrade?