Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | samsung galaxy ace

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

samsung galaxy ace

Old 01-12-2011, 22:16   #1
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point
samsung galaxy ace

hi looking at a new mobile like the samsung galaxy ace how large can u make the font size when reading and sending texts ? as I am Visualy impairment
or what phone can I buy that will do this

Andrew
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2011, 08:21   #2
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society
Re: samsung galaxy ace

I think the best thing you can do Andre is go to the Carphone Warehouse who are independent from any network and talk to them as there advice should be impartial.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:27   #3
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

The best phone for accesibility is still the iPhone (3GS and later) with VoiceOver OR the screen magnifier. Of course there is Siri on the 4s too.

But you can use the 3GS or later if you are completely blind.

But the new android v 4 does finally bring some decent acceibility features, still not quite there in my opinion.

edit - and if you contact your local sight charity they wil most likely have handsets for you to have a go on.

Also - doesn't the galaxy ace have a smaller screen and slower cpu than your htc desire?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 00:33   #4
andrew.shearman
Inactive

ok thanks. I know you can get chomp sms for the android phones had a HTC desire but it broke now I have got a nokia C5 that is ok but not great wes trying to get chomp sms for my nokia c5 but can't well I don't think you can. I am now going to get the samsung galaxy S 2 as it has a larger screen and it is a nice phone

Andrew.
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:40   #5
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

You will have the same problems with a galaxy s 2 as with the desire as the accessibility isn't properly sstem wide yet ( see my mention of v4 android).

The Nokia c5 is a Symbian phone. Have a look here

http://www.nuance.com/for-individual...ooms/index.htm

And call them to see if it is a compatible handset.m
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:04   #6
andrew.shearman
Inactive

well I have now got the samsung galaxy ace
it is a nice phone got chomp sms app

Andrew