Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What music are you listening to?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What music are you listening to?

Old 07-06-2005, 23:31   #1441
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Re: what music are you listening to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
I thought that you probably liked Geogaddi better because you heard that one first, or more to the point, i belive that if you like BOC and the music they produce the first stuff you hear will probably blow you away given how different it is.

Therefor as you listened to Geogaddi first that would have left a more lasting impression than MHTRTC as the two albums are pretty similar in style.
I thought that's what you were on about.

So if I'd have listened to MHTRTC first I would have liked that better?

It's just that I've found other bands, liked an album and then gone through their back catalogue and liked an earlier album better.

I just prefer Geogaddi. The style of that album is different to MHTRTC (to me anyway) and is much more to what I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky
I don't know many Zappa songs but I love "Bobby Brown"
The bloke who's married to Whitney Houston?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2005, 23:44   #1442
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Radio 2 - some God awful bloke whining over a guitar. Janice is on later though.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 23:45   #1443
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Im currently listening to Coldplay in concert that was broadcast last night on Radio1.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 23:46   #1444
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

It's a band called The Tears, which is appropriate - enough to make anyone weep

<hands Halcyon a packet of razors>
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 23:49   #1445
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
The bloke who's married to Whitney Houston?
Nahh, this one is more interesting Warning: Explicit lyrics. http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank-zappa/56812.html
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 00:10   #1446
Electrolyte01

At the moment I'm listening to a bit of Ambient
Old 08-06-2005, 00:29   #1447
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Smile Re: what music are you listening to?

Quote:
Nahh, this one is more interesting Warning: Explicit lyrics. http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank-zappa/56812.html

At the moment, Sigur Ros - Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do

Now:

Mum: Yesterday was dramatic - Today is okay
Old 08-06-2005, 01:06   #1448
Mal
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja
But for a site devoded to BOC and what goes on in their albums you should have a look here, http://www.speakeasy.org/~adbrown/boc.html, you might not hear them in the same light again.

Either way BOC rule and i would chew my arm off for another album.

I've just had a look at that. Listening to the reverse A is to B as B is to C and that seemed weird. There's another bit in there, not the "woods today bit", that I never noticed was backwards.

I liked Geogaddi, but I never dissected their music like some people have on that site
Old 08-06-2005, 08:35   #1449
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You HAVE to listen to 'Valley Girl' by Zappa - Brilliant, genius etc....

Norah Jones - The Prettiest Thing.
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:17   #1450
homealone

Quote:
I just love the diversity - the jazz fusion stuff like 'Hot Rats' versus the 'theatrical' stage shows - like 'Live at The Filmore' (of particular note for a version of The Turtles 'Happy Together' as ex members of the band were part of the 'Mothers of Invention', at the time).
Old 08-06-2005, 09:55   #1451
zing_deleted

Watch 100 motels its bonkers zappa at his craziest
Old 08-06-2005, 09:58   #1452
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
I've just had a look at that. Listening to the reverse A is to B as B is to C and that seemed weird. There's another bit in there, not the "woods today bit", that I never noticed was backwards.

I liked Geogaddi, but I never dissected their music like some people have on that site
Whats more worrying though - the fact that they do that sort of stuff or that some people have disected it to that level.

Either way - just goes to show you some of the stuff they get upto.

Amazon used to list all the comments made by people on the album below it - but it now only gives you the last 5 entries i think, but people descibed the album of giving them memories of childhood or that if felt like they did when they were a child.

It makes you wonder with loops and samples of "to the woods today" etc embedded in the album if there is a subliminal influence making people think that.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 19:30   #1453
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array

Goldie - Saturnz Returnz, 1st CD.
That hour long track "Mother" is so stunning, it's a work of art.

I'd forgotten just how good it was until I found the album in a box in my cupboard.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 19:32   #1454
allieyoung666
Permanently Banned

Services: whats that??
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze age
allieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze ageallieyoung666 has reached the bronze age

Span, they are from scandinavia, they are amazing live! They deserve to be huge!!!
allieyoung666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 19:41   #1455
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Burn, by Mad at Gravity
Not often into newer bands but these are great.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote