Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2011/12

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2011/12
Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2011, 09:02   #106
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Football Season 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Indeed, But I simply do not want to be thought of as one of those Toon fan that expects Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer and to spend 35million on a single player. Mike Ashley has put a lot of money into the club and a lot of people fail to realise that. Blame is pointed at Ashley for relegation when the truth is it was coming for a long time due to spending a lot of money on unknown and rubbish players.

P.S http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/9268294.stm
Well perhaps we will give you that one but head for head there is no contest me marra.

http://www.lfc.tv/news/latest-news/l...-stat-attack-1

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Mike Ashley also spends a lot of money on frivolous luxuries which would annoy the fans no-end if they knew about them.
How very true.
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2011, 09:53   #107
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

What he spends his money on is none of our business. I doubt he is on Par with Abramovich's Yacht.

Unless you are suggesting he pockets the income of Newcastle United?
Old 17-07-2011, 18:57   #108
Jameseh

Wayne Bridge will be a good buy but again it depends on what wages they're giving him.

I don't expect big money buys, just be sensible with the funds and buy people who are certainly committed to the club without having to buy their commitment.

Old 18-07-2011, 12:22   #109
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Here is a nice picture for all the Gooners, pity it won't last for long.

League table

Jim.
I'll take norwich finishing 12th as well
Old 18-07-2011, 13:14   #110
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pog66 View Post
I'll take norwich finishing 12th as well
l am afraid the canarys will be struggling to stay steady on their perch next season and l would expect them to go down even thoough l would like them to stay up.
Old 19-07-2011, 12:05   #111
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Norwich, QPR and Swansea will take a battering next season but one of them should survive with a bit a luck and we will see Wolves or Wigan make the drop.

The difference between Premierleague and Championship football is a lot bigger than people make it out to be.

Take West Brom and Newcastle's championship campaign in what turned out to be the most one sided title race which was wrapped up Christmas with both teams securing unchallenged promotion a month or so before the season had finished.

More to the point of the Premierleague Title, Hopefully Arsenal can stop dropping points in easy games and actually make it somewhat of an interesting season with more than 2 title challengers. I see Chelsea winning it in the end but I do not see the Champions league trophy at Stamford bridge unless the special one is in the hot seat.
Old 19-07-2011, 12:20   #112
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Norwich, QPR and Swansea will take a battering next season but one of them should survive with a bit a luck and we will see Wolves or Wigan make the drop.
I tend to agree however no one gave Blackpool are figs chance in hell and they *almost* managed it. Not finishing bottom & not getting totally humiliated week in week out will be okay for me - finishing 4th from bottom and i'll be ecstatic!
Old 19-07-2011, 12:26   #113
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I have a feeling Swansea will get relegated so hard we'll end up in League One next year

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 19-07-2011, 20:21   #114
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Well they don't even have a keeper yet do they?

Old 19-07-2011, 21:00   #115
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

The difference between Premierleague and Championship football is a lot bigger than people make it out to be.
Premier league football is all about the bottom of the table and who'll survive. The top half is as predictable as night and day

Old 20-07-2011, 06:56   #116
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
Well they don't even have a keeper yet do they?
Well yeah we signed a replacement but Wolves' gain was definitely our loss.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 21-07-2011, 17:12   #117
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Its funny though because when the 3 from the premierleague drop, They usually steamroll championship opposition and come right back up so It's nice to see Swansea, QPR and Norwich who have not been about either at all or for a few seasons.

Whether its just the fact that Newcastle's relegation was just unlucky or not still doesn't stop Birmingham, West Ham or West Brom burying championship teams when they do drop.
Old 21-07-2011, 17:42   #118
Jameseh

Southampton, Sheff Utd, Watford, Derby, Leeds, etc never came straight back up more relegated yet again. I'd say Newcastle was the anomaly.

Old 21-07-2011, 18:32   #119
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Whether its just the fact that Newcastle's relegation was just unlucky or not still doesn't stop Birmingham, West Ham or West Brom burying championship teams when they do drop.
West Brom are still in the premiership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Well yeah we signed a replacement but Wolves' gain was definitely our loss.
I think he would have got more premiership experience sticking with Swansea, instead he has to compete with 2 other reserves and the current first team keeper

Old 21-07-2011, 21:23   #120
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Most of the teams mentioned there James were in a real crisis, Leeds being the more high profile crisis than the others.

What I mean are teams that bounce up and down all the time. Sunderland were a club that were in and out of that league easily.

Usually one promoted club survives the drop but both West Brom and Newcastle proved their Premierleague credentials whilst Blackpool had a good run and an awesome first try. they just did not cut it out.

When 3 teams come up that have been championship clubs for years.. Its going to be a dose of battering's week in week out and usually and here's to hoping that one of them can pull of a string of results to keep them above an unfortunate club.. Probably Wolves

Sorry Norwich and QPR fans but I do hope it's Swansea