Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 30MB minimum by end of 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

30MB minimum by end of 2012

Old 06-03-2012, 08:34   #91
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
Re: 30M minimum by end of 2012

You only get those prices if you take the phone line. Base price for 10Mbps without it is £21 going up to £22.50 in April. If you take the phone line and don't use it then add about £15 to those discounted prices. If you do use it then investigate alternatives because VM telephony is not competitive.

Even so the price for 50Mbps and soon to be 100Mbps is excellent for those in areas where VM still actually deliver anything close to their advertised speeds.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 09:40   #92
ssr
Inactive

ssr is on a distinguished roadssr is on a distinguished road
Re: 30M minimum by end of 2012

Or even 30M by the end of the year!!
ssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:13   #93
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: 30MB minimum by end of 2012

I tested STM again last night and it appears to be around 1gig or so.

I checked the STM table which shows the L 10mbit package as 1.5gig limit.

10mbit is usually £4 cheaper than 30mbit so I think the STM limit is lower on this new 30mbit package than it is on the higher priced one.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 17:41   #94
ssr
Inactive

Digital Spy forum.
This makes two of us given the same info

I just had a superhub delivered, I called about reducing services and was told 10meg going to 20meg then at later date 30 so you might as well have superhub now.
Old 08-03-2012, 17:44   #95
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssr View Post
Digital Spy forum.

I just had a superhub delivered, I called about reducing services and was told 10meg going to 20meg then at later date 30 so you might as well have superhub now.
think there jsut trying to get everyone onot a superhub and eventally they will upgrade minimum speed to 30mb as it make sense 30 60 and 120
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 17:50   #96
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

That would mean I'm wrong, and I don't like being wrong
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 17:51   #97
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
That would mean I'm wrong, and I don't like being wrong
how would oyu be wrong?
Old 08-03-2012, 18:15   #98
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Digital Spy forum.

Eventually everyone will have 100meg... What's there point
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 18:35   #99
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewcrawford23 View Post
how would oyu be wrong?
I said (and maintain) there will never be a time when most people have Superhubs as 10mb (70% of VM customers) is going to 20mb and not getting a Superhub.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 18:55   #100
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

the point is getting rid of non docsis3. plus with this new SuperHub coming (Qas) they may as well push the current SuperHub1 stock.. killing a few birds with 1 stone. why they made it hard for themselves i dont know.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 19:02   #101
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

i dnt think there goign to replace 70% of there cusotmer in one swoop but i do seem be seeing a lot of people getitng told this one person i say agent lying but i have read on various forums in excess off 20-30 people being told so i am starting to think they will do gradually 10-30mb uplift and slowly upgrade poepel to shub but renetions are being told to encourage just
Old 16-03-2012, 19:04   #102
ssr
Inactive

Virgin Media CEO Neil Berkett says he is open to including OTT offerings from the likes of Netflix and Lovefilm.

Speaking exclusively to DTVE at Cable Congress, Berkett said that the UK cable operator would make TiVo its basic offering, bundled with 30Mbps internet access and telephony.

Could this mean that I was right after all!!
Old 16-03-2012, 19:10   #103
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Virgin Media CEO Neil Berkett says he is open to including OTT offerings from the likes of Netflix and Lovefilm.

Speaking exclusively to DTVE at Cable Congress, Berkett said that the UK cable operator would make TiVo its basic offering, bundled with 30Mbps internet access and telephony.

I'm still installing 20meg max hubs,
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 19:37   #104
ssr
Inactive

Just had call from my son, VM installing Superhub 30M next week. No installation charge and no monthly charge, was told this is the 10M upgrade. This is an engineer install Teesside area
Old 16-03-2012, 19:52   #105
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:

yup, it makes sense. 30mbit is a nice bottom speed to have and makes a mockery of adsl when it come to adverts and comparing speed
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote