Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT Sport Showcase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

BT Sport Showcase

Old 05-12-2017, 20:41   #1
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
BT Sport Showcase

Anyone know whether BT Sport Showcase channel can be gotten off the Sky EPG? If so what are the 'necessaries' to tune into it?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2017, 20:46   #2
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: BT Sport Showcase

Its not a seperate channel on sky - they just switch the relevant channel''s encryption to free-to-view.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 21:10   #3
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Its not a seperate channel on sky - they just switch the relevant channel''s encryption to free-to-view.
Oh OK but I thought one could of manually tuned your Skt box to the satalite feed for the Free view channel if you know what I mean?
Old 06-12-2017, 00:24   #4
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

There isn't really any need - just select the epg number of the channel showing the free view, 413 etc.
Old 06-12-2017, 00:46   #5
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Wonder why VM don't simply do this too?

Perhaps VM don't charge for the extra EPG slot like Sky do.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 20:39   #6
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Doesn't work for those that sub to BT sport and have a second sky box that doesn't have BT sport on it ( I've just tried watching the Europa League game that's available on BT Showcase,but got the message "you don't subscribe to this channel".).
Old 07-12-2017, 22:35   #7
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

BT Sport don't make their channel free to air on Sky to mirror the game on BT Showcase. They've only done it a couple of times over the past 2 years. I don't think they've done it at all this year for the Champions League or European League games.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:10   #8
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
BT Sport don't make their channel free to air on Sky to mirror the game on BT Showcase. They've only done it a couple of times over the past 2 years. I don't think they've done it at all this year for the Champions League or European League games.
That's not what Inactive Digital said when I was asking the question "can one manually tune your Sky Q box into the BT Showcase channel". He said you just tune into the channel showing the Showcase program as BT unencrypted it
Old 08-12-2017, 10:22   #9
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
That's not what Inactive Digital said when I was asking the question "can one manually tune your Sky Q box into the BT Showcase channel". He said you just tune into the channel showing the Showcase program as BT unencrypted it
I was describing the technical process, rather than specific programmes. I'd recommend testing on a Saturday afternoon when BT Sport Score is always free-to-view for sky customers.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:42   #10
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
I was describing the technical process, rather than specific programmes. I'd recommend testing on a Saturday afternoon when BT Sport Score is always free-to-view for sky customers.
Shouldn't you have included that in your post rather than responding to criticism, that your post didn't state that, when that is what the OP asked?

BT Sports Showcase is NOT available on Sky platform no-matter what channel you watch on. You need to be on a Freeview HD box (my brother had a Freeview SD-only box but it stopped working last season) to be able to watch this channel.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 14:47   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
Shouldn't you have included that in your post rather than responding to criticism, that your post didn't state that, when that is what the OP asked?

BT Sports Showcase is NOT available on Sky platform no-matter what channel you watch on. You need to be on a Freeview HD box (my brother had a Freeview SD-only box but it stopped working last season) to be able to watch this channel.
Actually, if you look up channel 413 right now, you will see the free view slot listed.

It is not a separate channel on Sky, the free view programmes are contained within the appropriate BT sport channel (in this case, BT Sport 1).

I think that's right, but I don't subscribe to Sky so don't take my word for it!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 15:04   #12
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Actually, if you look up channel 413 right now, you will see the free view slot listed.

It is not a separate channel on Sky, the free view programmes are contained within the appropriate BT sport channel (in this case, BT Sport 1).

I think that's right, but I don't subscribe to Sky so don't take my word for it!
Thanks that's what I was asking about,just need to check if they'll allow me to watch it on my mini q box as I don't have BT sport subbed to that one.
Just checked and it says "channel unavailable". Seems odd that really as if its free to view then it should be available. Ah well never mind!

Last edited by telegramsam; 09-12-2017 at 15:09. Reason: New info
Old 09-12-2017, 19:03   #13
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Thanks that's what I was asking about,just need to check if they'll allow me to watch it on my mini q box as I don't have BT sport subbed to that one.
Just checked and it says "channel unavailable". Seems odd that really as if its free to view then it should be available. Ah well never mind!
Have you tried doing this during the free view period? Just a thought.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote