Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SkyQ now available to buy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

SkyQ now available to buy

Old 09-02-2016, 10:48   #1
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough
SkyQ now available to buy

Good look getting on the site because it's getting hammered, but you can now order SkyQ, got mine ordered with an install date...

http://www.sky.com/skyq/buy/build
tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2016, 12:43   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: SkyQ now available to buy,

To be honest I'm still undecided , it doesn't really offer me a great deal over what I get with my current multiroom setup and I don't like 18 month contracts.

Even though I have a 4K TV I'm not overly fussed.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:54   #3
NoCableForMe
cf.member

NoCableForMe is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be interested to know what security has been put in to stop the second mini box being used in a different location and somehow connecting back to the main box over the internet.

I'm wondering if you had a VPN between the two so they both appear on the same network it could work. I'm sure someone will try it out.
NoCableForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 19:30   #4
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS

This is interesting in the T&C's...

Quote:
Sky Q: now available to Sky Broadband customers; coming soon to customers with broadband from other providers
with loads of people having alternative bb to sky this could hold a few people back
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 21:51   #5
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

not paying £150 to set it up . looks good otherwise
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 22:15   #6
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdraig View Post
not paying £150 to set it up . looks good otherwise
Am guessing that in six months it won't be £150.
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:06   #7
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
Am guessing that in six months it won't be £150.
It won't be.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:18   #8
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough
Re: SkyQ now available to buy

Without doubt SkyQ will be free install within months. Technically I haven't paid it, I have 10 months of a 50% off deal which has carried over to SkyQ and when I rang up to try to avoid the install charge although they couldn't give me a free install they reduced my line rental to £9.99 a month for the length of contract.

So it's the same as a free install.
Old 11-02-2016, 13:47   #9
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle View Post
Without doubt SkyQ will be free install within months. Technically I haven't paid it, I have 10 months of a 50% off deal which has carried over to SkyQ and when I rang up to try to avoid the install charge although they couldn't give me a free install they reduced my line rental to £9.99 a month for the length of contract.

Interesting. Fairly high degree of desperation on their part given it's a new product. I'm surprised they didn't simply refuse and sell to the next person who was willing to pay full price.

EDIT: Think I'll gentle troll them over this.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 16:38   #10
tweedle
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Interesting. Fairly high degree of desperation on their part given it's a new product. I'm surprised they didn't simply refuse and sell to the next person who was willing to pay full price.

EDIT: Think I'll gentle troll them over this.
Don't gentle troll them, full on troll them. But wether they say the line rental reduction is in anyway related to me taking SkyQ is another matter lol. But hey, my line rental dropped from £17.99 to £9.99 so I be happy.
Old 12-02-2016, 16:26   #11
tweedle
Permanently Banned

SkyQ TV Spot/Add

I know some are interested in these things...

https://amp.twimg.com/v/71120b99-c24...8-4cfffe76476a
Old 12-02-2016, 16:41   #12
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Threads on same subject merged.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 22:58   #13
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle View Post

Sky+HD discounts aren't carried to SkyQ. The discount will be cancelled when SkyQ gets activated. They are different platforms.
I'd suspect you are trolling.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2016, 08:46   #14
tweedle
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
Sky+HD discounts aren't carried to SkyQ. The discount will be cancelled when SkyQ gets activated. They are different platforms.
I'd suspect you are trolling.
Sky HD discounts ARE carried over to SkyQ. How do I know? Because when started my order online I logged into "mysky" and calculated my costs going forward WITH MY CURRENT MOVIES/SPORTS OFFERS!

Then when I rang to try to get free install they carried forward my current offers! This is not debatable, it's a fact.

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 ----------

The following will be carried over:-

Existing broadband offers - for example 50% off Sky Broadband Unlimited
Existing Sky Movies and Sky Sports offers - for example 25% off Sky Sports
Existing Line Rental offers - for example 35% off Sky Talk
Price hold offers
Legacy HD with the F1 channel.

Although I have this morning received an email telling me my bill will be going up by £29.50!!!!!!! With SkyQ, oh no it won't I'm ringing this morning and if that's the case it's getting cancelled. I'm not paying an extra £500+
Old 13-02-2016, 12:02   #15
tweedle
Permanently Banned

So.........

It seems I have a 50% discount off my entire TV package and it does NOT not fully carry over to SkyQ. So my bill would rise by £29.50. SkyQ cancelled �� Still get to keep my line rental discount.

My main concern was the 18 month contract meaning the instant £29.50 increase would rise again when the 50% off movies/sports discount finished. So I would potentially be paying £40+ extra in 10 months time. So maybe a £700-£800 increase over the next 18 months...