Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 50% off Sky for new past ( 12 months) customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

50% off Sky for new past ( 12 months) customers

Old 25-06-2015, 09:49   #16
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: 50% off Sky for new past ( 12 months) customers

Well dilli would have to put his Postcode in to find that out if he can get Sky Fibre but in the area he is in l have my doubts.
Old 26-06-2015, 00:25   #17
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

The standard BB is upto 17mb dependant on distance from exchange.
I've been very lucky with this. My speed was advertised at 18mb, if memory serves me correctly, and I get around 18.5mb.

In terms of broadband from SKY I can't fault them. They charged me around £3.75 per month for broadband during the first 12 months, and I've paid absolutely zero for it since due to retention deals. £45.00 for 36 months worth of broadband, even if it's only 18.5mb, is a total bargain.

Was a Virgin customer for nearly a decade, and never saw myself going to SKY. Must admit since I've moved SKY have exceeded my expectations. The main thing for me, over everything else, is their willingness to keep me as a customer at all costs. 50% off deal in my first year, 50% off deal in my second year and now it's either 60% or 70% off in my third year... I can't remember what I agreed with retentions last time out.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 11:54   #18
sebastion
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Talk and BB.
sebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to beholdsebastion is a splendid one to behold

Took the bait and jumped ship too Sky. (after 17 years with virgin) I was paying Virgin on average £38-£40 a month for TVm, 50mb, Phone basic plus xtra box.. The last 3 months this is shot upto £48-£50. On top I was paying for NOW TV £6.99 entertainment and £5 for the Movies. Enough was Enough. Now on the Sky 50% 12 month deal which works out @ £44 per month. I listened too all arguments over the years about the Sky box versus V+ and now the Tivo. Also the ON Demand arguments, in reality there should be no arguing as Sky are MILES ahead of Virgin. You really do believe SKY do it better.
sebastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 12:01   #19
lever
Inactive

lever is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm hoping for a better deal with Sky as my contract ends tomorrow
lever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 18:03   #20
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastion View Post
Took the bait and jumped ship too Sky. (after 17 years with virgin) I was paying Virgin on average £38-£40 a month for TVm, 50mb, Phone basic plus xtra box.. The last 3 months this is shot upto £48-£50. On top I was paying for NOW TV £6.99 entertainment and £5 for the Movies. Enough was Enough. Now on the Sky 50% 12 month deal which works out @ £44 per month. I listened too all arguments over the years about the Sky box versus V+ and now the Tivo. Also the ON Demand arguments, in reality there should be no arguing as Sky are MILES ahead of Virgin. You really do believe SKY do it better.
People will always argue these points about the STB'S from each provider , as for On Demand I completely agree Sky are streets ahead of VM when it comes to content specifically movies and catch up.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 18:43   #21
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Its swings and roundabouts as Sky are ahead in some areas and vice versa with Virgin ahead in other areas.
Old 26-06-2015, 20:06   #22
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I can get 40mb sky apparently. But I believe I'll just stick with BT 'till my contract expires and get a cable modem. Just have freeview and the internet. Sorted.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 20:51   #23
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Why not Sky? Is it something personal?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 20:51   #24
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

The service from Sky will be the same as the one from BT. Both use the same network up to the exchange.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 21:09   #25
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I only have a land line becausse of the internet - I don't use it so I don't see the need to pay for it. I wouldn't have even got a landline when I moved in if I wasn't already in a contract with BT.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2015, 22:19   #26
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Do you know your estimated ADSL speed? Just for comparison on deals available VM vs Sky

VM 50meg (12months) £28.50
VM 50meg + Phone (18months) 12months @ £21.99 then 6months @ £34.49

VM Big Easy (12months) £29.98

vs

Sky Fibre Unlimited + Phone (18months) 6months @ £26.40 then 12months at £36.40

Sky Family bundle with ADSL (12months) £16.40
Sky Family bundle (12months) with Fibre Unlimited (18months) 6months @ £26.40 6months @ £36.40 - renegotiate tele bundle at 12months so you don't get hammered £72.40 for 6months
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 22:55   #27
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

On the 30th January this year I signed a new 50% off for 12 months deal with SKY. Unlike previous deals they confirmed I was not tied down to any minimum term contract.

Just had a look at my next 3 bills on the SKY website which takes me to the end of February. Noticed that my offer doesn't appear to come to an end. My bill for February should be the normal price but it's still half price. I also noticed recently, when SKY announced their price increases, that my package didn't go up in price. I did receive a letter confirming price increses but my letter said my package was going up by £0.00.

Do you think my account has just fallen out of the loop? I've also noticed that the "I'm thinking of changing my subscription" part of the SKY website doesn't work for me. I can't add or cancel anything online.

I'm not complaining. If SKY are happy for me to pay half price, with no contract and no price increases who am I to argue? I'm certainly not going to call them about it.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:40   #28
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Sky's financial year runs from July-June, every year.

If people want Sky's best (new customer) deals they should call between end-of-football season and end-of-September. Traditionally this period has had the best deals for the last few years.

Outside of this Sky's best deals are at the end of the quarter for existing customers. i.e. March (best deals), June (good Sports deals), September (best new customer deals or for better broadband), December (best existing customer upgrading deals).
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote