Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2013, 22:26   #31
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 2.

Or launch their own thread where they can discuss what they want without dragging this thread down.
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2013, 22:32   #32
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Or launch their own thread where they can discuss what they want without dragging this thread down.
Agreed
Old 28-03-2013, 22:37   #33
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Technically, this is a cable forum thread which, MB started. It doesn't make it 'his thread'. It's a cable forum thread.

Why are people confusing discussion on presentation, with criticism of MB? Especially as people have already said that MB should post in whatever fashion he wants.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Erm-hum, this is real channel snobbery

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Actually, that's more like boasting, and rubbing salt in VM subscribers wounds
Old 28-03-2013, 22:42   #34
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Technically, this is a cable forum thread which, MB started. It doesn't make it 'his thread'. It's a cable forum thread.

Why are people confusing discussion on presentation, with criticism of MB? Especially as people have already said that MB should post in whatever
Some people can't read obviously.
Old 28-03-2013, 23:09   #35
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Ok, stop the inane chatter. Stick to the topic.
Old 28-03-2013, 23:18   #36
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Ok, stop the inane chatter. Stick to the topic.
To be fair Stephen, you initiated discussion of the 'thread itself' rather than just discussing the topic of the thread.
Old 28-03-2013, 23:43   #37
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Erm-hum, this is real channel snobbery

Only if you care about over-rated TV shows, which Sky very cleverly market to make people think they are missing out on something special, when, in reality, they are not (in my opinion.) IF I cared about G.O.T. I will read the books. In fact I might just do that and give away some spoilers
The only program I currently wish to watch is The Following, and prior to that Luck (only because of the excellent Dennis Farina though)
Old 29-03-2013, 00:09   #38
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Only if you care about over-rated TV shows, which Sky very cleverly market to make people think they are missing out on something special, when, in reality, they are not (in my opinion.) IF I cared about G.O.T. I will read the books. In fact I might just do that and give away some spoilers
The only program I currently wish to watch is The Following, and prior to that Luck (only because of the excellent Dennis Farina though)
Game of Thrones is not over rated at all. Its so well done it compares in no way to any average tv series, its a quality production in every way. No one can deny that, even if its not the type of show they personally like.

I watched the first episode of The Following and even though it was good its not my kind of thing. Its that personal preference difference and the Atlantic channel seems to have at least one show for every taste, which is maybe why it appears so appealing.

As for the GoT, there is nothing to stop you reading the books AND getting the awesome eye candy and fast paced, jaw dropping tv series too

Spoiler: 
Old 29-03-2013, 00:30   #39
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Hi Media Boy, Is there any news on BT Sports channels, it say that they will launch in July, is there any confirmation on this yet
See post one.

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Mrs M has a couple of series links on E! It's not anything I'd watch but it will be used in my house. As, sadly, will Style - any confirmation of that coming in April, MB?
No confirmation other then TLC and TLC HD coming on April 30th.

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
Gone very quite on the three new HD channels coming soon?
I think we will see them sometime after Monday.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 29-03-2013, 00:34   #40
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Game of Thrones is not over rated at all. Its so well done it compares in no way to any average tv series, its a quality production in every way. No one can deny that, even if its not the type of show they personally like.

I watched the first episode of The Following and even though it was good its not my kind of thing. Its that personal preference difference and the Atlantic channel seems to have at least one show for every taste, which is maybe why it appears so appealing.

As for the GoT, there is nothing to stop you reading the books AND getting the awesome eye candy and fast paced, jaw dropping tv series too

Spoiler: 
It's very over rated in my eyes. I am all for "slow burners" but I could not get into it. Lots of people I know gave up on it too, so I can only base my judgement on that information. It may be difficult to fault some of its production values, but I dare some of the production values on the twilight movies are good too, it does not make them any good either. I am not

Atlantic simply does not appeal to me. If E4 disappeared, I would miss The Big Bang theory, but E4 would not appeal to me in the slightest. The same goes for Sky 1 and, for a time, Fringe. Sky 1 could disappear and I would not care. The same goes for numerous channels, but I know others watch a lot programs on those channels and I am happy to help pay for the enjoyment of others.

I guess this a difficult subject for me as I see T.V. as a luxury I am fortunate enough to be able to afford. If VM cancelled my contract tomorrow, I would not be overly upset (HD movies would be the main loss) and I would be happy to spend my money elsewhere
Old 29-03-2013, 04:25   #41
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I think we will see them sometime after Monday.
Sometime on Tuesday?

Old 29-03-2013, 05:00   #42
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Sometime on Tuesday?
Usually is a tuesday, so hopefully.

Old 29-03-2013, 11:16   #43
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

Don't subscribe to Sky Movies anymore but just browsing through what's new in on demand for XL and found Pirates of the Carribbean Dead Mans Chest. Says I'm subscribed too! Checked the Sky Movies catch up channel and it says I am not subscribed so clearly a boo boo on VMs part. Unfortunately the HD selection doesn't work.

Watch it before the remove it!
Old 29-03-2013, 11:54   #44
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Media Boy, should Style be one of the April channel launches in your list?
No, Andy, because Style has already launched. It is no longer 'coming soon'.
Old 29-03-2013, 12:29   #45
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, Andy, because Style has already launched. It is no longer 'coming soon'.
Yeah I realise that now, cheers though. So much for staying on topic!
Closed Thread