Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 09-10-2011, 11:01   #31
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
According to this public appetite for 3D still has a long way to go.

http://www.televisual.com/news-detai...y_nid-824.html
Time will tell Den , I personally like it, granted though at the moment it only consumes a small percentage of my total TV viewing.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2011, 11:07   #32
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Time will tell Den , I personally like it, granted though at the moment it only consumes a small percentage of my total TV viewing.
Yes l suspect its very good and there will always be people who will spend extra on a new 3DTV set but in this current economic climate a new 3DTV set is well down the list of most peoples spending priorities.
Old 09-10-2011, 22:14   #33
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

I've received an e-mail from SKY to confirm my order. The e-mail reads as follows:

"Dear Mr -----------

We're happy to confirm the equipment you've ordered below:

Broadband Box: £ 0.00
Sky+HD: £ 0.00
Wired Connection for Sky Anytime+: £ 0.00
SkyHD Box: £ 0.00
Install Visit: £ 0.00

Total Price: £ 0.00

Rest assured that if you need delivery and installation, then that's all been sorted too.

You'll get any relevant terms and conditions with your product when it arrives.

Should you need to cancel any products that you've ordered from us, please refer to our cancellation policy by scrolling down at the end of this message.

In the meantime, there's no need for you to do anything, just sit back and let us do the work.

Thanks for choosing Sky. We're sure you're going to enjoy the world of entertainment soon to be at your fingertips.

The Sky Team"

I know this will appear to be a very simple question however shouldn't the mini-dish appear as part of the equipment ordered too?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 22:18   #34
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I've received an e-mail from SKY to confirm my order. The e-mail reads as follows:

"Dear Mr -----------

We're happy to confirm the equipment you've ordered below:
Broadband Box: £ 0.00
Sky+HD: £ 0.00
Wired Connection for Sky Anytime+: £ 0.00
SkyHD Box: £ 0.00
Install Visit: £ 0.00

Total Price: £ 0.00

Rest assured that if you need delivery and installation, then that's all been sorted too.

You'll get any relevant terms and conditions with your product when it arrives.

Should you need to cancel any products that you've ordered from us, please refer to our cancellation policy by scrolling down at the end of this message.

In the meantime, there's no need for you to do anything, just sit back and let us do the work.

Thanks for choosing Sky. We're sure you're going to enjoy the world of entertainment soon to be at your fingertips.

The Sky Team"

I know this will appear to be a very simple question however shouldn't the mini-dish appear as part of the equipment ordered too?
Don't worry its included , you know your STB needs to be connected to a landline for a year don't you ? The Sky+HD box you will receive will be an Amstrad DRX 890 as Sky own Amstrad now.
Old 09-10-2011, 22:48   #35
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
you know your STB needs to be connected to a landline for a year don't you ?
I did read that, in fact I'm sure both boxes I'm getting need to be connected for 12 months. Again I've never been with SKY so don't know what impact this will have, if any, with my phone and broadband? Is the STB being connected a bad thing?

SKY is making me feel "simples"
Old 09-10-2011, 22:52   #36
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I did read that, in fact I'm sure both boxes I'm getting need to be connected for 12 months. Again I've never been with SKY so don't know what impact this will have, if any, with my phone and broadband? Is the STB being connected a bad thing?

SKY is making me feel "simples"
You must keep both boxes connected to the phone line , there is no impact it's just part of your contract. Are you taking two Sky+HD boxes or is your second just a SkyHD (non PVR) ?
Old 09-10-2011, 22:58   #37
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
You must keep both boxes connected to the phone line , there is no impact it's just part of your contract. Are you taking two Sky+HD boxes or is your second just a SkyHD (non PVR) ?
Yeah 1 SKY+HD and just a normal SKYHD box. I'm looking forward to accessing SKY Anytime+.
Old 09-10-2011, 23:02   #38
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Is that just if you have sky bb ,because i have no connection to my stb
Old 09-10-2011, 23:09   #39
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Is that just if you have sky bb ,because i have no connection to my stb
No you are meant to have it for every new STB installed however if you only have 1 STB they don't seem to police it , however they do on multiroom installs part of you getting your second box for 10.25 a month is your boxes must be connected to your landline. A friend of mine who has multiroom got a letter saying if he didn't plug his multiroom box into the landline they would charge him another full subscription.
Old 09-10-2011, 23:42   #40
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
No you are meant to have it for every new STB installed however if you only have 1 STB they don't seem to police it , however they do on multiroom installs part of you getting your second box for 10.25 a month is your boxes must be connected to your landline. A friend of mine who has multiroom got a letter saying if he didn't plug his multiroom box into the landline they would charge him another full subscription.
well i have got 3 SKY + HD boxes and none are connected to the BT landline ,i thought that was only to recieve things like sky +and go interactive

correction 1 hd sky+ 2 HD boxes
Old 09-10-2011, 23:55   #41
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
well i have got 3 SKY + HD boxes and none are connected to the BT landline ,i thought that was only to recieve things like sky +and go interactive
Have a read of this
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...2&postcount=11
Old 10-10-2011, 13:52   #42
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
DAVE HD Ha launched on Sky channel 111

As title,

First HD programme is TOPGEAR @5pm then all SD until 10pm so.....

HD content on day 1

5pm TopGear
10pm Jo brands big splash
11pm Shooting Stars
11:30pm That Mitchell and Webb look
00:30am Red Bull X-Fighters 2011
02:00am Shooting Stars
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 18:00   #43
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Can't see myself watching much on that channel.
Old 12-10-2011, 13:01   #44
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
Watch HD has launched Sky channel 109.

As thread title, enjoy....................
New to cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 16:55   #45
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Sky axes Britain's biggest magazine

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/market...st-magazine.do