Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Sky Appreciation thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Sky Appreciation thread

Old 01-03-2007, 15:03   #16
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The Sky Appreciation thread

Pleased that you're happy with Sky, TBR.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2007, 15:07   #17
Carl J
Permanently Banned

Carl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of lightCarl J is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1rcle View Post
Why lie about something like that? doesn't it get fuzzy when it rains like everyone elses I know on Sky?
Since when did digital TV get 'fuzzy'? Pixellated perhaps but not fuzzy

Can't say rain has ever affected my picture, why lie about something like that?
Carl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 15:08   #18
c1rcle
Inactive

c1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk4u View Post
Must admit Sky are ok. Until you move house. The ball ache I had with sky!!!!! Taking money out of my account even though I told them countless times I did not live at that address. Oh the Indian call centre they have where a nightmare too.

And the cost of HD!!!!!!
I moved house 17th December 2005, went through the website a week before to set up the account transfer to the new address, got an email & phone call same day to let me know when the engineer would be out to fit us up in the new place, was given 19th December (monday) at 1pm.

Moved in as planned & really didn't notice the lack of tv, Monday 19th 1pm arrived & so did the engineer, an hour later we had a brand new Samsung box all wired in & updating itself ready for us to watch tv.

I'm still waiting for my first taste of the Indian call centre for VirgiNTL but as I used to work in a call centre for the Virgin Mobile parent company I know how crap they can be already.
c1rcle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 15:09   #19
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverwar View Post
Pleased that you're happy with Sky, TBR.
Idiots always win - remember that.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 15:14   #20
c1rcle
Inactive

c1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to allc1rcle is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl J View Post
Since when did digital TV get 'fuzzy'? Pixellated perhaps but not fuzzy

Can't say rain has ever affected my picture, why lie about something like that?
Well I've seen it happen on friends Sky service, not sure if it was digital but as the signal comes from the same place (satellites) I don't see how that would make any difference.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
Idiots always win - remember that.
Actually idiots usually end up dead on the live rail hehehehe
Old 01-03-2007, 15:14   #21
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well I've seen it happen on friends Sky service, not sure if it was digital but as the signal comes from the same place (satellites) I don't see how that would make any difference.
Never even seen any pixelation during rain. Your mates dish is probably improperly aligned (wind could have caused it) and has an already weak signal made worse by the rain.
Old 01-03-2007, 15:15   #22
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

TBR if a new member had posted this thread today they would have been lynched for trolling lol
We have Sky and to be honest some times you have to play hard ball with them to get things dealt with but overall we have had dealings with both VM and Sky CS and to be honest they are both as good/ bad as each other the vast majority of the time. It all comes down to who you talk to on the day you call.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 15:16   #23
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Never had a problem with the picture on my sky either.

Sky+ is great. Does anyone know about the net gen sky box? It's supposed to allow you to stream recordings to other TVs in your house.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 15:18   #24
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Just a general request please, can we not turn this into another Sky vs Virgin Media slanging-match-thread. We have enough already!

If you like Sky, feel free to show your appreciation. If you don't please be respectful to those who do.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 15:22   #25
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
TBR if a new member had posted this thread today they would have been lynched for trolling lol
We have Sky and to be honest some times you have to play hard ball with them to get things dealt with but overall we have had dealings with both VM and Sky CS and to be honest they are both as good/ bad as each other the vast majority of the time. It all comes down to who you talk to on the day you call.
Whaaaat!

Im flabbergasted by your comments, i simply wanted to show my appreciation for Sky, nothing to do with Virgin / Ntl / Whoever and that frankfully dreadful decision to stop all those great programs from being shown on anything else other than the Number 1 service, in my opinion, in the Uk.

I do stand by my comments, never had an issue with Sky and Sky+ is superb.
Old 01-03-2007, 15:22   #26
zing_deleted

Also TBR remember in 12 months your warrenty ends and you have to pay to get it fixed. This is why I left Sky I had intermitant picture problems and Sky wanted to charge to come out and have a look
Old 01-03-2007, 15:24   #27
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinglebarb View Post
Also TBR remember in 12 months your warrenty ends and you have to pay to get it fixed. This is why I left Sky I had intermitant picture problems and Sky wanted to charge to come out and have a look
True, but then i've not had any problems as i have mentioned and so far its been great.
Old 01-03-2007, 15:25   #28
zing_deleted

Hope it stays that way way over your 12 months contract with sky + mate
Old 01-03-2007, 15:27   #29
c1rcle
Inactive

I'm not slinging mud honest! I've seen the problem with my own eyes, anyway I think BlueRaja is probably right about it being a physical fault & nothing to do with the actual service. My mate is a lazy bugger & probably won't get it fixed as it's too much effort to pick up the phone & talk to India
Old 01-03-2007, 15:34   #30
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:

I'm still waiting for my first taste of the Indian call centre for VirgiNTL but as I used to work in a call centre for the Virgin Mobile parent company I know how crap they can be already.
All the times I've called Virgin Media (or previously NTL), I can't say that I've ever been aware of having spoken to an Indian Call Centre (unless they speak with Geordie accents now?)
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote