Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 26-08-2016, 17:53   #376
veeemmm

Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'd say that really is area dependant , when I was last with VM my then 30mb connection was usually around 1-2mb during peak I also have family who live near that left for the exact same reason. In all my years of being on ADSL/VDSL I can count on one hand the amount of days it was down sadly the same can't be said for my shorter time with VM.

When it's working and you are in an area that has little or no oversubscription I agree it can't be beat.
Mines been down most of the day. Love to tell you the speeds I get, but;

This site can’t be reached ..... took too long to respond.
Advertisement
Old 26-08-2016, 21:40   #377
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Taken from the 'Coming Soon' thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
Was talking to someone from the CEO's office today and they were saying there is a new superhub coming out soon, also the new tivo has had all the testing done and should be getting rolled out soon, 6 tuners and able to watch a 7th programme
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 16:40   #378
MacmillaN
cf.addict

Services: TIVO 500GB-V+ HD, TV Size XL +SKYSPORTS/MOVIES VIVID Phone Size M
MacmillaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Taken from the 'Coming Soon' thread:
My only guess would be it is another US version being modded for the UK market.
MacmillaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 17:19   #379
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacmillaN View Post
My only guess would be it is another US version being modded for the UK market.
Hopefully, six tuners without the interruption of the seventh for recordings sounds good.

It means less clashes & time shifting- let's hope it actually works properly this time

When TiVo first came in, they let people put their old V+ elsewhere in the home for no extra cost.

I'm wondering if they'll be doing the same thing when the new TiVo comes out ie putting the old slow one in, say, a bedroom?

People might be able to put up with it for the odd time, or, as you can get TiVos to talk to each other, would a slow TiVo accessing the recordings of a new TiVo actually become faster??
Old 30-08-2016, 18:03   #380
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

coming in October I've been told by 2 different people in virgin, been in a pilot phase with staff for past month and that is being extended shortly....

... large pinch of salt?
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 18:04   #381
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I struggle most nights to fill 3 of my 4 recordable tuners , in fact I probably watch more from On Demand these days.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 18:06   #382
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I struggle most nights to fill 3 of my 4 recordable tuners , in fact I probably watch more from On Demand these days.
Which Set Top Box have you got MM?

I think that six tuners would be more than enough on most occasions.
Old 30-08-2016, 18:10   #383
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well we certainly could do with the extra tuners in our household though.
Old 30-08-2016, 18:11   #384
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Which Set Top Box have you got MM?

I think that six tuners would be more than enough on most occasions.
Sky Q Silver (5 tuners) , 4 recordable and 1 for Live TV.
Old 30-08-2016, 18:15   #385
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We rarely find a single collision for the stuff we like to watch. Then there's freeview vs VM and our DVD with HDD recorder to avoid it.
Old 30-08-2016, 19:41   #386
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

You need to get out more!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 19:51   #387
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well that was the plan this summer old boy to get away and visit our families but too many different things came along and curbed the plans we had provisionally made sadly so it looks like mid autumn now.
Old 30-08-2016, 20:22   #388
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sky Q Silver (5 tuners) , 4 recordable and 1 for Live TV.
Thanks for getting back to me.

If it is indeed correct that the new box will have 6 tuners, it looks like VM may have waited to see what the new Sky box was like before trying to trump it.
Old 30-08-2016, 20:25   #389
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me.

If it is indeed correct that the new box will have 6 tuners, it looks like VM may have waited to see what the new Sky box was like before trying to trump it.
Absolutely I'm sure those who record tons will welcome the higher number of tuners , I wonder how multi room will work ?

Will it be the same as now with every box needing a separate coaxial connection or will it use the homes network like Sky Q ?
Old 30-08-2016, 20:58   #390
veeemmm

Would just mean twice as many duplicates for me and no chance of going away for 2 weeks without it deleting everything I want to watch to make space for things I don't.