Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How much do we think V6 will really cost

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How much do we think V6 will really cost
View Poll Results: What will TiVo V6 cost vote 1 for each box
1tb Non 4K Free and £12 per month extra 4 9.30%
1tb Non 4K £49 and £7 per month extra 7 16.28%
1tb Non 4K £99 and £3.50 per month extra 5 11.63%
1tb Non 4K none of those options 9 20.93%
2tb 4K £49 and £17 per month extra 3 6.98%
2tb 4K £99 and £12 per month extra 11 25.58%
2tb 4K £149 and £7 per month extra 7 16.28%
2tb 4K none of those options 16 37.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2016, 21:21   #1
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
How much do we think V6 will really cost

Well here is the thing how much will the new TiVo cost, I have some guesses and select one for each box
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2016, 21:32   #2
veeemmm

Re: How much do we think V6 will really cost

I guess once enough people have have paid, the new box will be forcibly turned into Horizon or whatever their new platform is that is being developed and within another year those still plodding along with the current Tivo will be "encouraged" to upgrade so Virgin can end any remaining agreements with outside sources, if there are any TV customer left.
Old 12-08-2016, 22:18   #3
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeemmm View Post
I guess once enough people have have paid, the new box will be forcibly turned into Horizon or whatever their new platform is that is being developed and within another year those still plodding along with the current Tivo will be "encouraged" to upgrade so Virgin can end any remaining agreements with outside sources, if there are any TV customer left.
They admitted that the new box will be able to migrate over to horizon software overnight. Until the price drops from the sources I wouldn't. If it is really £199 when sky don't charge for the box that's ripping off
Old 12-08-2016, 22:31   #4
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeemmm View Post
I'm sure that in time, everyone will have the new box and then the software will be altered to Horizon. I've heard that by this stage, Horizon will aim to incorporate elements of Tivo software via licensing so that the difference between Tivo- and Horizon-powered boxes will not be so pronounced.
I've also heard that XL customers will "be happy with the box's new pricing", whatever that means! More guesswork I suspect! If anyone else hears similar I still suggest that we just wait patiently for VM's official announcements.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 22:42   #5
offmore
cf.member

offmore is an unknown quantity at this point

do we pay extra for current TiVo box ? can not just remember
offmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 22:48   #6
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

We are hypothesising with insufficient information, which leads to sub-optimal interpretations...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 23:08   #7
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by offmore View Post
do we pay extra for current TiVo box ? can not just remember
Yeah you pay £5.50 for first TiVo and £11.50 for any additional TiVo

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm sure that in time, everyone will have the new box and then the software will be altered to Horizon. I've heard that by this stage, Horizon will aim to incorporate elements of Tivo software via licensing so that the difference between Tivo- and Horizon-powered boxes will not be so pronounced.
I've also heard that XL customers will "be happy with the box's new pricing", whatever that means! More guesswork I suspect! If anyone else hears similar I still suggest that we just wait patiently for VM's official announcements.
Well I think on XL virgin will have access to a raft of UHD on demand included, and that the £199 is better value if your on XL
Old 12-08-2016, 23:38   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
We are hypothesising with insufficient information, which leads to sub-optimal interpretations...
You're just guessing.....

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 23:46   #9
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well I think on XL virgin will have access to a raft of UHD on demand included, and that the £199 is better value if your on XL
I think all the packages are being changed anyway so talk of XL may be less relevant by December.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 00:02   #10
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You sound like a Vulcan lol.
Old 13-08-2016, 00:44   #11
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
I agree. By all means discuss the rumoured pricing, but a poll based on hypothetical prices is a complete and utter waste of time.
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 01:58   #12
blue666666
Inactive

Services: XL tv bb 200 mb tivo 500gb box
blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

4k box for 49 pounds and 7 a month would be great and a lot of people would getone
blue666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 08:41   #13
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
You're just guessing.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2016, 09:01   #14
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I agree. By all means discuss the rumoured pricing, but a poll based on hypothetical prices is a complete and utter waste of time.
Not at all this is a little bit of fun and virgin source do view this, they might see what customers will pay

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue666666 View Post
4k box for 49 pounds and 7 a month would be great and a lot of people would getone
The idea is the higher upfront the lower the fee
Old 13-08-2016, 09:11   #15
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Not at all this is a little bit of fun and virgin source do view this, they might see what customers will pay
Virgin will have already done LOTS of research into what people will pay.

It's already been announced that the V6 will support 4K, so that's your first four options out of the window.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote