Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. I
Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2010, 20:16   #121
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

By the sounds of it, it has only launched on the Bromley side of the network. Digital Fantastic seemed to suggest it would hit Langley areas by the end of January/beginning of February
Advertisement
Old 14-01-2010, 20:40   #122
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
By the sounds of it, it has only launched on the Bromley side of the network. Digital Fantastic seemed to suggest it would hit Langley areas by the end of January/beginning of February
I think Bromley is old CW network.

Can anyone outside London view BBC News Multiscreen on their red button on BBC News.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 14-01-2010, 20:42   #123
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Can anyone outside London view BBC News Multiscreen on their red button on BBC News.
Not yet available in Norwich (Bromley Platform).
Old 14-01-2010, 20:48   #124
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I have moved several posts discussing the future of the BBC into a separate thread: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/23...ding-kill.html

Please do not make any more off-topic comments in this thread.
Old 14-01-2010, 20:48   #125
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I think Bromley is old CW network.

Bromley is another way of saying ex-CWC. So that is ALL areas once covered by Cable & Wireless, not just that area of London.

But given ncfc1902's comment, it must be selected areas.

Thinking about it, I remember reading it was connected to the rollout of NGTV...
Old 14-01-2010, 20:59   #126
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

I have yet to get the News Multiscreen and I am on the Bromley Ex C&W network so they mustn't have rolled out the NGTV platform in my area yet. We shall just have to see what happens....
Old 14-01-2010, 21:44   #127
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

MB,

I can confirm that BBC News multiscreen is available via red button here in York.

Duke
Old 14-01-2010, 22:09   #128
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

I think when viewers in Ex-ntl or Ex-C&W get BBC Radio 4 LW they will also get BBC Radio London and BBC News Multiscreen.

I know that some Ex-C&W viewers in London and Ex-ntl viewers in York have got them.
Old 15-01-2010, 08:32   #129
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
MB radio Sheffield and also radio Leeds are both saying :

THIS RADIO STATION IS NO LONGER BROADCASTING ON THE DIGITAL TV PLATFORMS IN THE UK
Can you post when Virgin Media remove the channel numbers - They will do that on Monday I think.

---------- Post added at 08:32 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
everyone will get the same channels once the rollout of NGTV is complete.... The BBC Nations will be in the 800's.
Can you give the complete date/month for NGTV in all areas?

(PM me if you want)
Old 15-01-2010, 08:44   #130
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

MB i will post when they remove the channels numbers for you.
Old 15-01-2010, 11:56   #131
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Any body got any ideas what the new channel is as the total channels has gone from 293 to 294 on the v box and 299 to 300 on the v+ box . I have checked through the channel list and cannot see what the new one is ?
I have been thinking about this - I think an extra channel is the sign telling you that your local BBC Radio Channel has been removed.
Old 15-01-2010, 16:20   #132
matty1968
cf.member

Services: Tivo 500GB, XL TV, 60MB BB, XL Telephone + additional V HD box
matty1968 is on a distinguished roadmatty1968 is on a distinguished road

MB

Ex-Telewest in Sheffield

Now have BBC England/Scotland/Wales etc
Radio Sheffield moved to 929 from 930 - Showing as no longer broadcasting.
Also now get BBC Radio London
Old 15-01-2010, 17:59   #133
musicbravo
Inactive

Services: Virgin v+ xl TV Virgin M Broadband and phone
musicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these partsmusicbravo is just so famous around these parts

no news multiscreen in Derby yet although box updated the other night and software version on box is now 4.0.14.1_UK4_P12A (this is a SA v+)
Old 16-01-2010, 06:45   #134
ontheball
Inactive

ontheball is an unknown quantity at this point

also does anyone have any idea when we will be able to watch news from other regions. you know like on gmtv when it cuts to your regional area but sometimes if theres a problem you end up with the london news and info about central london, i would actually kind of like to watch the london news. or the midlands news. Its amazing how unaware we actually are of things that are happeneing in other areas. In fact the only time i find out is through googlenews.
Old 16-01-2010, 10:42   #135
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

You've already got the London version of ITV1 on channel 853, and have either got or will be getting the national BBC1s from 861 upwards. I don't know of any plans to make the full set of regions available to everyone.
Closed Thread