Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Large bundles of Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Large bundles of Channels
View Poll Results: Are the large bundles of Channels from the likes of VM and Sky sustainable long term
Yes 15 33.33%
No 25 55.56%
Don't know 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-10-2016, 15:49   #61
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Large bundles of Channels

Don't know about the rest but i've just had a look at what's on Sky 1 tonight and it's utter dross imo, The Simpsons, Modern Family, Don't tell the Bride etc etc, aye right enough......
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2016, 15:51   #62
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Even if Sky Atlantic was available across all the platforms Sky 1 is its viewing figures would generally still be lower.

The majority of the content shown on Sky Atlantic is aimed at adults as opposed to the many family shows available on Sky 1.
Good point, I hadn't considered that at all.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 15:56   #63
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Don't know about the rest but i've just had a look at what's on Sky 1 tonight and it's utter dross imo, The Simpsons, Modern Family, Don't tell the Bride etc etc, aye right enough......
Come on admit it we know you watch Don't tell the bride.

To be honest I rarely use the TV Guide these days , I tend to either book a series link from a trailer or browse the new series section on my Sky Q box and setup from there.

Last edited by muppetman11; 14-10-2016 at 16:00.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 16:09   #64
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
My point exactly. If you decide to PAY to watch your TV, you should be able to expect better than this.
Old 14-10-2016, 16:15   #65
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
My point exactly. If you decide to PAY to watch your TV, you should be able to expect better than this.
For someone who tells us the TV guide is dying you really do seem to struggle with finding the good stuff , the PVR allows you to set recordings of the shows you like in fact most of them now recommend content for you. I prefer to look at what a channel offers me over the course of a year.
Old 14-10-2016, 16:29   #66
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well the old boy Muppetman loves Modern Family if l rightly remember so you are in his bad books now you know MM.
Old 14-10-2016, 16:29   #67
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
For someone who tells us the TV guide is dying you really do seem to struggle with finding the good stuff , the PVR allows you to set recordings of the shows you like in fact most of them now recommend content for you. I prefer to look at what a channel offers me over the course of a year.
Actually, I am very good at finding the good stuff. I have more programmes that I can watch through my recordings, Netflix, Amazon and Now TV.

What I am saying is that we have far too much dross on the most 'popular' pay TV channels, and if they don't smarten up their acts, people will be abandoning scheduled pay TV in droves. It appears that this trend has (rather belatedly) just started. It probably explains why there are so many deals going at the moment for those considering abandoning ship.

The future is on demand and my prediction about the decline of broadcast linear TV is unchanged.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...699901&page=66
Old 14-10-2016, 17:14   #68
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well the old boy Muppetman loves Modern Family if l rightly remember so you are in his bad books now you know MM.
I've been called for watching far worse
Old 14-10-2016, 18:00   #69
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Actually, I am very good at finding the good stuff. I have more programmes that I can watch through my recordings, Netflix, Amazon and Now TV.

What I am saying is that we have far too much dross on the most 'popular' pay TV channels, and if they don't smarten up their acts, people will be abandoning scheduled pay TV in droves. It appears that this trend has (rather belatedly) just started. It probably explains why there are so many deals going at the moment for those considering abandoning ship.

The future is on demand and my prediction about the decline of broadcast linear TV is unchanged.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...699901&page=66
No l don't think you will see a decline in the normal linear TV channels OB as has been explained to you before.
Old 14-10-2016, 18:07   #70
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
No l don't think you will see a decline in the normal linear TV channels OB as has been explained to you before.
An explanation that I do not accept, I'm afraid, Den.
Old 14-10-2016, 18:30   #71
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
An explanation that I do not accept, I'm afraid, Den.
l suppose with you OB its like you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink as its all been explained to you the reasons why but alas you still don't seem to accept it.
Old 14-10-2016, 18:33   #72
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Whilst linear channels both terrestrial and pay will be here for a very long while it's a brave man who predicts there won't be a decline in them.
Old 14-10-2016, 18:35   #73
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Whilst linear channels both terrestrial and pay will be here for a very long while it's a brave man who predicts there won't be a decline in them.
Is our revered MM predicting it then??.
Old 14-10-2016, 18:45   #74
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

It's pretty simple economics Den , look at the large amounts of money Sky now has to pay for its latest Premier League rights they have already stated that savings need to be made then add in the pressure of people leaving going to cheaper alternatives and it's easy to see any of the subscription channels that don't perform well face being offered less money or worse still cut.

My opinion for what it is worth is that traditional pay tv will be around for many years to come however I wouldn't be surprised further down the line if we see the amount of pay channels reducing with some moving content to On Demand and some being axed due to poor viewing numbers. I think we'll smaller bundles of pay channels available alongside the terrestrial ones with increased amounts of On Demand.
Old 14-10-2016, 18:46   #75
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Is our revered MM predicting it then??.
I think it's obvious, Den, and I don't understand why people can't see that things change over time.

The choice between scheduled TV channels full of reality and other dumbed down TV simply won't survive the test of time when you look at the better alternatives available on demand.

The new generation will show the way, and all of us old'uns will just fall into line.

Not a question of whether, but when.