Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 30 minutes to cancel!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

30 minutes to cancel!

Old 03-10-2016, 13:21   #16
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: 30 minutes to cancel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Is there any other way of cancelling apart from the phone?
How about a nice old fashioned recorded delivery letter. Quick, no comeback and traceable.

Phone calls can easily be forgotten/ignored/not answered.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2016, 14:20   #17
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Do they not offer a online chat option? you will be best to just wait it out in the que tbf one thing Sse did right when i was with them was put you in the que but call you back when you're next inline.
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, if you are sincerely worried about job losses, perhaps you should reconsider cancelling and just wait for a short while and see if the new stb cures the issues you are experiencing.

Otherwise, these mass redundancies you fear will happen will be down to you.

It's getting harder to have any concern after seeing the pig ignorant way that some speak to customers on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
How about a nice old fashioned recorded delivery letter. Quick, no comeback and traceable.

Phone calls can easily be forgotten/ignored/not answered.
Very true- I might do this as i'm not going to wait for half an hour!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 19:57   #18
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

Shocking customer service by VM, i sent an email to the exec team and i never got a reply apart from we will be in touch. I tweeted them and was ignored, i left a message on the community message board and did get a reply saying they have up to 30 days to reply. Well Vm its been 30 days
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 22:25   #19
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Very true- I might do this as i'm not going to wait for half an hour!
Yet you will spend hours moaning on here and start countless threads on the subject
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 22:34   #20
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
Shocking customer service by VM, i sent an email to the exec team and i never got a reply apart from we will be in touch. I tweeted them and was ignored, i left a message on the community message board and did get a reply saying they have up to 30 days to reply. Well Vm its been 30 days
Your communication attempts pribably got lost in vms memos of what they will go crying to ofcom about next.
Liberty global have made vm a worse company imo and a embarrasment too, vm still owe me £152.50p i have got to pick up court papers this week to start proceedings, knowing vm they'll go crying to the courts accusing me of being unfair, i think over a year is more than fair especially when their ceo office doesn't respond to communications.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:09   #21
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Half an hour to wait in a queue to a call centre....Imagine!!

Only took me 12 mins to get through when I called last month.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:48   #22
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice

I had a problem with my new modem and despite the phone stating a 3 minute queue I waited for well over 15 minutes to be told it's natural for a new modem to take 2 to 3 hours to update. Thanks VM would have been nice if you told me that in the information sent with the device
Bananaman_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 19:27   #23
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
It's getting harder to have any concern after seeing the pig ignorant way that some speak to customers on here.
As opposed to the pig ignorant way *some* members here talk about VM staff

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 20:31   #24
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Your communication attempts pribably got lost in vms memos of what they will go crying to ofcom about next.
Liberty global have made vm a worse company imo and a embarrasment too, vm still owe me £152.50p i have got to pick up court papers this week to start proceedings, knowing vm they'll go crying to the courts accusing me of being unfair, i think over a year is more than fair especially when their ceo office doesn't respond to communications.
Quote:
I had a problem with my new modem and despite the phone stating a 3 minute queue I waited for well over 15 minutes to be told it's natural for a new modem to take 2 to 3 hours to update. Thanks VM would have been nice if you told me that in the information sent with the device
Standards have certainly slipped since LG took over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
As opposed to the pig ignorant way *some* members here talk about VM staff
I see no need for rudeness from anybody.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote