Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Old 30-03-2008, 20:46   #76
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Still - Virgin Mobile have got rid of the rollover minutes because they feel they are catering for a 'change' in the mobile market - people using WAP access more.

So what do they go and do? They think reducing their WAP access tarrifs is justification for the removal of their rollover min/txts. £2 for 1Mb usage is still way over expensive for data usage. I don't use WAP anyway.

They got the bit right where there has been a change in the market and people using smart phones to access internet services - but I am pretty certain - other providers are charging far less if hardly anything at all to access WAP on their phones.

So Virgin Mobile have accomplished nothing except making lots of customers very angry and a chunk of customers leave to go onto other providers. Way to go Virgin Mobile.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2008, 21:27   #77
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by willas00 View Post
NOTE2: What if I only had TV and Landline say from Virgin Media? How would i get onto there website to find out?
Then you wouldn't have the 300+300 tariff as it's sold as "four for £40"

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

I'm not terribly sure what some people's problem is with this change?
If you didn't use the 300 minutes/text each month, then there's no difference. You'll still end up with 300 minutes and 300 text messages to use.

If you did use more than the 300 - then again, no difference. You'll pay for what you use over.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
So it is Cable customers yet again that are getting shafted ?.
Or the alternative view that cable customers have benefitted from an extra special deal for the past 12-15months and it's now brought into line with others.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 21:35   #78
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post

I'm not terribly sure what some people's problem is with this change?
If you didn't use the 300 minutes/text each month, then there's no difference. You'll still end up with 300 minutes and 300 text messages to use.

If you did use more than the 300 - then again, no difference. You'll pay for what you use over.
The problem is that it is a loss no matter which way you look at it.

Someone who used just 100 minutes or texts, of the 200 minutes/txts they have left - they will get their 300 min/txts in the next month meaning they have 500 in the next month.

But with the removal of the rollover - 200 minutes of unused minutes/txts gets lost, these minutes and texts have been paid for - they are not free minutes being awarded or anything, this is what I have a major problem about.

It's not a trivial matter like you are making it out to be. I am very annoyed about this change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
Or the alternative view that cable customers have benefitted from an extra special deal for the past 12-15months and it's now brought into line with others.
No. Virgin Media have benefitted from people taking all four services. The reason behind the name change from ntl to Virgin Media, although people have just accepted that it was just a name change, nothing else.

Now that Virgin Mobile have stuck the two fingers up at us VM cable users by removing the roll over minutes, renders their motto of "4 for £40" into a really crap deal.
Old 30-03-2008, 21:38   #79
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

As far as I can see (After looking up all other operator's SIM only offers) Virgin were the only company to offer rolling over for the SIM only option in the first place

And the cable SIM is only a 30 day contract, so if you feel that is no longer good value, you can switch whenever you like

Plus even without the roll over it is still a good deal. I can't find anything that is that cheap and gives you the same mins/texts
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 21:49   #80
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
As far as I can see (After looking up all other operator's SIM only offers) Virgin were the only company to offer rolling over for the SIM only option in the first place
Which is what swayed a lot of customers to sign up with Virgin Mobile - This is being discussed on other forums and blogs and now some people are saying they are not going to bother and will stay where they are.

Virgin Mobile have well and truely shot themselves in the foot with this one. Customers leaving and potential customers snubbing Virgin Mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
And the cable SIM is only a 30 day contract, so if you feel that is no longer good value, you can switch whenever you like
Already in the process of switching as I type this.

Quote:

Plus even without the roll over it is still a good deal. I can't find anything that is that cheap and gives you the same mins/texts
No without the rollover, it is a crap deal - Virgin Mobile have taken away something quite significant about the deal and it no longer holds the key benefit which made it a unique package from the other providers.
Old 30-03-2008, 23:12   #81
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

I have just changed from o2 to virgin. On o2 I used to get 300 text and 300 dialup wap minutes a month for £10. any unused texts/minutes did not roll over to the next month.

losing the roll over of unused minutes/text on virgin is not a big deal. If you have minutes/texts rolling over from the previous month your not using your monthly allowance and seeing as they would only roll over for 1 month it depends on in which order the free stuf is used (roll over or monthly allowance first).

Yes you are paying for the minutes but if they are not used up in the 2 months you have to use them in you would have lost them anyway.

I don't see a problem with this change to the t&c's and i'm still happy with the offer they have although I do agree that sending people a text to advise of this change is not a good way to communicate with customers.

Mind you I haven't recived the text yet.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2008, 23:16   #82
arcamalpha2004

Good thing our hospitals dont take a leaf from VM

" Dear mr Jones, you have been diagnosed with terminal cancer you have a week to live, you do not need to reply to this text message, you will also be informed by mail..... "
Old 30-03-2008, 23:18   #83
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Oh yes, thats is completely the same isn't it now. Cancer is EXACTLY the same as rollover mins.
Old 30-03-2008, 23:32   #84
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmagnifique View Post
I have just changed from o2 to virgin. On o2 I used to get 300 text and 300 dialup wap minutes a month for £10. any unused texts/minutes did not roll over to the next month.

losing the roll over of unused minutes/text on virgin is not a big deal. If you have minutes/texts rolling over from the previous month your not using your monthly allowance and seeing as they would only roll over for 1 month it depends on in which order the free stuf is used (roll over or monthly allowance first).

Yes you are paying for the minutes but if they are not used up in the 2 months you have to use them in you would have lost them anyway.

I don't see a problem with this change to the t&c's and i'm still happy with the offer they have although I do agree that sending people a text to advise of this change is not a good way to communicate with customers.

Mind you I haven't recived the text yet.

Virgin media used the roll over as part of the marketing ploy to sell a product, now they seem to have enough roped in they feel confident enough to withdraw part of the offer, and by of all means text message.

Your very logic is exactly the way the wigs at VM would have looked at it.

" Hell, do you realise a lot of customers do not use their rollover?"

" Yes, but its part of the 4 for fourty "

" Yes I know, but they do not use them "

" How are we going to inform them? "

" By Text, ofcourse "

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

Quote:
Oh yes, thats is completely the same isn't it now. Cancer is EXACTLY the same as rollover mins.

Ofcourse Ben, but as vm look at it, the hospital could say " well at some point the person has to read messages that are sent "
Old 30-03-2008, 23:39   #85
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

I don't think they have advertised it based on the minutes rolling over

This page http://web.archive.org/web/200707090...ct.do?id=11516 is how they had it on their website in July 2007. (may take a while to load)

No mention of roll over minutes there
Old 31-03-2008, 00:20   #86
Mick
Cable Forum Team

I took the 300 min/txt deal way before July 2007, infact before ntl became Virgin Media and it was heavily promoted that the minutes/text rolled over. This is why I took the service.
Old 31-03-2008, 00:47   #87
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I took the 300 min/txt deal way before July 2007, infact before ntl became Virgin Media and it was heavily promoted that the minutes/text rolled over. This is why I took the service.

give it a rest mick,your starting to drag the guts out of it i emailed vm yesterday and got a sensible reply from them also as other forum members have stated its still a good deal.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 00:59   #88
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetypie/8 View Post
give it a rest mick,your starting to drag the guts out of it i emailed vm yesterday and got a sensible reply from them also as other forum members have stated its still a good deal.
Please do not tell me to give it a rest , this is a discussion forum and I am discussing this issue, if I am boring you - you do have the option of keeping out of this thread. Sorry I disagree about it being a good deal, now the rolled over minutes have vanished - I think its a totally crap deal.
Old 31-03-2008, 02:00   #89
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
http://web.archive.org/web/200612150...bileoffer.html December 2006, ntl.com, no mention of the rolling minutes there either
Old 31-03-2008, 02:02   #90
Mick
Cable Forum Team

I know what your trying to say Ben - But I personally took this deal because of the rollover minutes - Now they have taken it away - It's not as good as it was before.