Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 21-12-2013, 23:32   #7426
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Got my new MacBook Pro being delivered Monday
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2013, 06:45   #7427
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Got my new MacBook Pro being delivered Monday
Vey nice indeed MG.
Old 22-12-2013, 12:26   #7428
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

A battery operated xmas light decoration decided to leak battery acid (overnight) onto our 20+ year old solid tudor oak coffee table and made a right mess of it. The table itself at the time was about £300+ and we have a matching corner TV unit which was really expensive, both can not be replaced now.

The happy part is that we googled a french polisher in the local area (on a Sunday), and as luck has it he lives about 5 doors away from us which is really bizarre. So he came round, said he'll do it a couple of days after xmas, strip / sand the top down and redo it all for £45. So 20+ years of wear and tear (and 1 small burn) and the large acid burn will hopefully be sorted.

Well chuffed. But mainly a major panic situation is over.
Old 22-12-2013, 13:46   #7429
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Car got us safely down to Cornwall after my work on the cylinder head, no problems.

Can now relax over the Christmas period.
l hope you have a lovely Christmas heero and here's a pint on me.
Old 22-12-2013, 16:46   #7430
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
A battery operated xmas light decoration decided to leak battery acid (overnight) onto our 20+ year old solid tudor oak coffee table and made a right mess of it. The table itself at the time was about £300+ and we have a matching corner TV unit which was really expensive, both can not be replaced now.

The happy part is that we googled a french polisher in the local area (on a Sunday), and as luck has it he lives about 5 doors away from us which is really bizarre. So he came round, said he'll do it a couple of days after xmas, strip / sand the top down and redo it all for £45. So 20+ years of wear and tear (and 1 small burn) and the large acid burn will hopefully be sorted.

so really it needed doing anyway so the leak is actually a good thing lol lol the glass is always full lol

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

lost 4lb this week ended over a stone and half under my end of year goal. Even ate a curry couple of cookies a brownie or 2 and loads of salmon ( 4 quid a kilo at Asda)

lost 93lb in in 21 weeks
Old 22-12-2013, 18:49   #7431
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Had my nephew stay over last night, sister and niece were watch JLS, and mu BIL was watching the darts with his friends.

I picked him up in the morning went up the town and bought Minecraft to play on the 360, what he didn't know was I bought two, one for me to play on Saturday night, the other is his Christmas day to play on the xbox he doesn't know he getting

He also said something that made me go all warm inside, he said that he was shy around his other uncle (my brother in-laws brother in-law).

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post

I had a similar thing, last year I was rabbit sitting as I put the key in the lock and turned it, it broke, I could still use it by putting the other part and turn but for safety I needed a locksmith.

I found a neighbour who was a locksmith, I was in when he can and he was able to remove the broken bit, should have cost over £40, but only cosr £20.
Old 23-12-2013, 15:06   #7432
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Sensei Osem Jnr has literally just been awarded his 2nd Dan Black Belt!!! I can't tell you how hard he's worked and how dedicated he's been since he started training when he was 11 years old. When presenting him his certificate his Sensei (a former English champion) said he'd not only comfortably satisfied all the technical aspects required but has also become a first class instructor and fully deserved his award. To say we are proud of him would be an understatement!

Drinks and celebrations tonight methinks!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 15:31   #7433
denphone
Still alive and fighting

That's wonderful Osem and you have a son you should be very proud of.
Old 23-12-2013, 15:43   #7434
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Apart from getting up at 6:30am to do the last food shop.

Tis done just sit back and drink, enjoy Christmas and cook some more cheese straws as the last batch are almost gone.
Old 23-12-2013, 16:23   #7435
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That's wonderful Osem and you have a son you should be very proud of.
Thanks Den, yes it's a terrific Christmas present too!
Old 23-12-2013, 16:29   #7436
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

That is very good indeed
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 16:48   #7437
tizmeinnit

Free bottle of Dark Rum off Asda today. I ordered white they sent dark I called to complain got it free
Old 23-12-2013, 17:14   #7438
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Well done Osem Jnr. Please give him a well earned pat on the back from me.
Old 23-12-2013, 17:49   #7439
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Well done Osem Jnr. Please give him a well earned pat on the back from me.
Thanks. Will do in about 20 minutes Jo!

Old 23-12-2013, 23:41   #7440
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Posting this from my new laptop
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote