Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 14-04-2011, 17:03   #1456
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
This is a looooong thread. Is there anyone able to summarise the main pints of what has been discussed to save others having to read through the whole thread? And possibly make a sticky post?
What do you want to know?
Old 14-04-2011, 17:04   #1457
Gunslinger
cf.addict

Services: VM XL, Tivo, BB, Prime, Now TV, Tennis TV
Gunslinger is on a distinguished roadGunslinger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGOLD View Post
Hi Gunslinger. What time on Tuesday did you order?

Thanks.
Around midday I think. The email arrived late morning.
Old 14-04-2011, 17:07   #1458
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
That's correct, only 1 install order can be open on your account. you can upgrade after install.

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

It's not a rule, denphone. It's a "flaw" in the billing system.

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Sorry, there are a lot of queries in this thread...

What was your last contact with VM about it?
Cheers DF

Appreciate your time
Had the email about 10.00 am on Monday morning rang the number, ordered it, they confirmed the installation date AM on the phone - nothing since
Old 14-04-2011, 17:10   #1459
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Angry Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy View Post
My install in on the 19th april between 1pm-6pm.
Thats great.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
Cheers DF

Appreciate your time
Had the email about 10.00 am on Monday morning rang the number, ordered it, they confirmed the installation date AM on the phone - nothing since
l agree it is a flaw in their system.
Old 14-04-2011, 17:11   #1460
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Around midday I think. The email arrived late morning.
Cheers! I ordered about 5pm on Tuesday and not had confirmation. So if they are doing them in order of receipt, I guess maybe tomorrow I should get the confirmation.
Old 14-04-2011, 17:15   #1461
Davekg77
Inactive

Davekg77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had loyalty discount added back on so a happy customer again. Bring on TiVo next Thursday.
Old 14-04-2011, 17:18   #1462
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Cheers! I ordered about 5pm on Tuesday and not had confirmation. So if they are doing them in order of receipt, I guess maybe tomorrow I should get the confirmation.
I rang them up yesterday saying i had no confirmation email and they didn't even have it on my records..after a while i got put through to someone else and now its 19th April when the original one was 28th...and they tried to charge me for the install as well even though its free install in April.
Old 14-04-2011, 17:36   #1463
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Just had my confirmation email, having ordered online on Tuesday.

As we needed to keep the Easter/Bank Holiday period completely clear, I had requested 9 May install date. (After all it's only a TV box, what's another couple of weeks - some people do have a life!). Also the immediate panic and rush might have died down, and the techs hopefully got more experienced at doing the installs, but we still avoid the £40 install fee.

Annoyingly, the date of the install came back as 30 April, which we definitely can't do. What is the point of giving customers a date EARLIER than the one they requested?

(Have subsequently telephoned in and changed to 10th May. Apparently if your requested date is not available, the system automatically schedules in the first available 'free' slot).

Also then mysteriously received an email (in my spam folder) from 'Virgin Media Entertainment' saying "You're in! Your new premium TV channels are on their way" - what is that all about, we already have the Sky Sports / Movies HD selection, and nothing has been changed?
must be going on your TiVo box?
Old 14-04-2011, 17:37   #1464
OLDGOLD
cf.addict

OLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enoughOLDGOLD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy View Post
I rang them up yesterday saying i had no confirmation email and they didn't even have it on my records..after a while i got put through to someone else and now its 19th April when the original one was 28th...and they tried to charge me for the install as well even though its free install in April.
It's such a shame that VM customer service is so poor. The introduction of TiVo shows the company is IMHO a really forward thinking company that has loads to offer customers, but it's let down by the terrible customer service.
Old 14-04-2011, 17:40   #1465
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmic1988 View Post
I guess Brighton's really into TiVo, lol. Can't believe I've got to wait another month. Was all set to have it next week!
Call up now you have a date fixed. see if there is an earlier slot in your area

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Quote:
Cheers DF

Appreciate your time
You won't get anything else then. Only customers who ordered online will need a confirmation. Chill TiVoness is a coming!
Old 14-04-2011, 17:40   #1466
whoareyou
Inactive

Services: V+. Tivo (soon). BB XL.
whoareyou is on a distinguished roadwhoareyou is on a distinguished road

Been over 48hrs now and no reply to email order. Understand their very busy, buts its very frustrating....
Old 14-04-2011, 17:40   #1467
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Cheers DF

Appreciate your time
I`m in the same posistion as you are, phoned monday after getting email, gave install date over the phone and thats it. Are we supposed to get something else, I`m not sure we need any confirmation but who knows maybe we do.
I`ll find out on tuesday if they turn up or not
No reason why they shouldnt though.
Old 14-04-2011, 17:43   #1468
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
It's such a shame that VM customer service is so poor. The introduction of TiVo shows the company is IMHO a really forward thinking company that has loads to offer customers, but it's let down by the terrible customer service.
Customer Care can't book TiVo in with the pre-sale offers, only the TiVo sales team can do it.

This is what has caused some issues. I'm sorry you feel our customer support is poor.

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn View Post
I`m in the same posistion as you are, phoned monday after getting email, gave install date over the phone and thats it. Are we supposed to get something else, I`m not sure we need any confirmation but who knows maybe we do.
I`ll find out on tuesday if they turn up or not
No reason why they shouldnt though.
As above, only ONLINE bookings will get a confirmation email, you've already got the install booked
Old 14-04-2011, 17:46   #1469
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
No - it's fair to call me naughty - I did feel really badly as I'm not normally one to skip protocol. I really struggled with it, but not so much now.

Thanks for all the assistance you do give to the forum. This must be driving you as crazy as the rest of us when they've originally told staff one thing and keep moving the goalposts.
Email finally arrived at 4:45pm this afternoon with phone number and unique code.
Old 14-04-2011, 17:48   #1470
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Call up now you have a date fixed. see if there is an earlier slot in your area

---------- Post added at 17:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

You won't get anything else then. Only customers who ordered online will need a confirmation. Chill TiVoness is a coming!
Thanks DF - What would we do without you
Only 134 hours 11 minutes & 30..29..28..27 seconds to go -
not that I'm counting
Closed Thread