Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 05-11-2010, 00:20   #1411
gazfan

Services: Virgin XL
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Off to London tomorrow and then to see Chicane live.
Should be good to have a break from things and have some fun.
Hope you do have loads of fun
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2010, 00:27   #1412
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

So happy for you Halycon. Have a really good time. I'm happy because in about six weeks time I will have the pain I have been living with for a year sorted. I was at the pain clinic today and at last the cause of the pain was diagnosed. Will be so good to be able to live a normal life again
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:32   #1413
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Had some really good news this evening. Some one who has become a great friend may be well enough to travel to spend some time with John and me next year. It will be the first time we have met face to face and I can't wait.
Great news Jo, wonder if they will look anything liker how you imagine.

Quote:
Have a great time Hal, let your hair down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by defirish View Post
So happy for you Halycon. Have a really good time. I'm happy because in about six weeks time I will have the pain I have been living with for a year sorted. I was at the pain clinic today and at last the cause of the pain was diagnosed. Will be so good to be able to live a normal life again
Brilliant news defirish, you should be well sorted before Christmas!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:29   #1414
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Well we have swapped photos of our families so hopefully they are forewarned but they could be skybluepink with purple hair and I shall be too happy to notice.

Quote:
Nice to hear you being happy and positive Hal. Have a great time and tell us all about it tomorrow.

Quote:
Brilliant news deffy. Knowing what is causing the pain is a big step forward. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:37   #1415
Caff
I'm a geek???

Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze
Caff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronzeCaff is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Well I am back! The wedding went like a dream it was a perfect day and everyone had a great time. Went off for a few days honeymoon and now settled into married life.......what can I say! Life is damn good at the moment
Big smiles for you Jules
And long may it last.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

Quote:
I'm really glad it went well
Old 05-11-2010, 17:06   #1416
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

After a year of asking, I have finally been offered a chance to register as an iPhone developer through the Uni's account.

Not that I know what I am going to do with it yet, but I am gonna have fun finding out.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 18:17   #1417
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post

Have a great time Hal, let your hair down!

Brilliant news defirish, you should be well sorted before Christmas!
Thanks so much Tinky. Hopefully so and the pain will all be in the past.

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Well we have swapped photos of our families so hopefully they are forewarned but they could be skybluepink with purple hair and I shall be too happy to notice.

Nice to hear you being happy and positive Hal. Have a great time and tell us all about it tomorrow.

Brilliant news deffy. Knowing what is causing the pain is a big step forward. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.
Thanks so much Jo. I'm looking forward to a life without pain again. Not looking forward to going to hospital but I know that there is a postitive outcome for me and hopefully it will get rid of the pain once and for all

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caff View Post
Big smiles for you Jules
And long may it last.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

I'm really glad it went well
Thanks so much Caff for your kind thoughts.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
After a year of asking, I have finally been offered a chance to register as an iPhone developer through the Uni's account.

Not that I know what I am going to do with it yet, but I am gonna have fun finding out.
What does an iphone developer do Stuart
Old 05-11-2010, 19:30   #1418
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

Whatever steve jobs allows him to do
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 19:32   #1419
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Writes software for the iPhone. Personal membership entitles you to release your apps through Apple. Not sure if the Enterprise membership the uni has will let me do that, but it does also allow early access to new versions of the os.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 19:37   #1420
Sasha222
Inactive

Thanks for the explaination Stuart and congratulations on getting this. You will have fun playing with it It will be like your new toy in time for Christmas
Old 06-11-2010, 01:49   #1421
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Just finished servicing the keyboard on one of my old synths: 76 keys and 25 years of oxidation and grime. Two unresponsive keys now working and the whole thing is pretty much as good as new so well chuffed
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:52   #1422
Sasha222
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Just finished servicing the keyboard on one of my old synths: 76 keys and 25 years of oxidation and grime. Two unresponsive keys now working and the whole thing is pretty much as good as new so well chuffed
What is a synths? and what did you use to clean it? and how do you take the keyboard apart without damaging it and back together again?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:58   #1423
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
What is a synths? and what did you use to clean it? and how do you take the keyboard apart without damaging it and back together again?
It's an old synthesizer like you used to see on TOTP in the 80s (it's called a Roland Super JX for any anoraks). It's quite easy to dissasemble so it was just a case of taking the keys and springs off then cleaning all the old dust and debris from the keybed and removing the oxidation from the microswitch contacts. Job done.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:02   #1424
Sasha222
Inactive

I suppose It's easy when you know how. That I would be afraid to try in case I didn't get it back right and I like my lappy two much to try something I'm not to sure about. Glad you got it sorted Uncle P anyway. I have a lot of dust on mine but I shall leave it for another day
Old 06-11-2010, 11:10   #1425
wwe
cf.mega poster

Services: Telewest Phone Telewest BroadBand Telewest Digital Tv v+ HD
wwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpackwwe has a very nice sixpack

Good morning every one. Its a nice sunnday where iam today so im hoping to have a nice day round town.
wwe is offline   Reply With Quote