Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 31-01-2011, 21:44   #1366
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of
Re: TiVo

It would appear that they are only contacting people who registered as existing TiVo S1 users. Anybody know differently?
Advertisement
Old 31-01-2011, 21:46   #1367
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
It would appear that they are only contacting people who registered as existing TiVo S1 users. Anybody know differently?
AFAIK this is the first group of customers to get TiVo, its a special offer for them for being current or previous users of TiVo in the UK.

Your time will come, don't worry.
Old 31-01-2011, 21:49   #1368
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
AFAIK this is the first group of customers to get TiVo, its a special offer for them for being current or previous users of TiVo in the UK.

Your time will come, don't worry.
It also seems that some of the first list are not even VM customers.
Old 31-01-2011, 21:50   #1369
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Why would VM phone during the night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
I think it would be more likely that callbacks would be made between 0800 and 2000 and what would they be calling you back tonight for anyway as the offer you are all waiting for has not even been announced at the present time.
Whoossshhhh. I am pretty certain he was just having a laugh.
Old 31-01-2011, 21:54   #1370
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
It also seems that some of the first list are not even VM customers.
Its nothing to do with being VM customers, they are/were TiVo users in the UK and first adopters. Thats why they are being asked first.
Old 31-01-2011, 21:59   #1371
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
God forbid , someone cracking a joke LOL
Old 31-01-2011, 22:00   #1372
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I think we are all suffering from a new disease - Tivo Tension!
Old 31-01-2011, 22:03   #1373
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Of course he was joking and I was just giving a heads up of likely call times which really you should appreciate or did that go over your head.
Old 31-01-2011, 22:20   #1374
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Of course he was joking and I was just giving a heads up of likely call times which really you should appreciate or did that go over your head.
It went over mine but I'm only 5ft LOL
Old 31-01-2011, 22:40   #1375
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
I think we are all suffering from a new disease - Tivo Tension!

TiVo Tension Symptoms:

• Close proximity to landline/mobile phone.
  • Eagerness to stay wake 24/7 until Virgin TiVo teams calls.
  • Depression until phone rings - if call isn't from Virgin, then depression is followed by anger which is followed by depression.
  • Large periods of the day spent looking at TiVo screenshots and the phone.
  • Breakdown in existing relationship between customer and existing Virgin Media STB.
  • Sick days off work just to be next to landline phone at home during work hours.
  • Creation of new threads on various forums demanding to know why Virgin haven't phoned you yet.
  • Random vocal outbursts to no-one in particular, examples below:
  • "PHONE ME ALREADY!"
  • "THEY CALL THIS COMMUNICATION!??!"
  • "WHY HAVEN'T THEY PHONED ME!??"
  • "I REGISTERED FIRST! THEY SHOULD HAVE PHONED ME FIRST!"
  • "I'M GONNA GOTO SKY IF VIRGIN DON'T PHONE ME!"
  • "WHAT'S TAKING THEM SO LONG?"
  • "PHONE ME, DAMN-IT!"
  • "I WANT MY WISHLISTS AND I WANT THEM NOW!"
  • "TYPICAL VIRGIN, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR TV SERVICE!"

TiVo Tension Cure:
  • A TiVo. If that isn't available then the following is recommended until a TiVo is confirmed as being available:
    • Lager
    • Wine
    • Good Food
    • Long walks
    • Sex
    • A Holiday, which should include Sex if possible.

If symptoms persist after Virgin phone you and install a TiVo, please consult your local GP.

Old 31-01-2011, 23:16   #1376
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...ure-of-tv.html

Mentions 199 + 40 I haven't seen this 149 + 40 everyones mentioning also says 3rd tuner later in the year.

Can't wait to get it now.
Old 31-01-2011, 23:28   #1377
knack
Inactive

knack is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Mentions 199 + 40 I haven't seen this 149 + 40 everyones mentioning also says 3rd tuner later in the year.
I'll admit I haven't read the article but there hasn't been official mention of the 149 figure from Virgin yet so maybe that's why? And I guess March is considered later in the year and that's the month I've seen mentioned for the 3rd tuner becoming active.
Old 31-01-2011, 23:30   #1378
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

I know all the TiVo Series 1 users have paid 149 and had the install fee waived.
Old 31-01-2011, 23:35   #1379
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

Can't wait to get it now.
from here http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=463841
Quote:
Just had my phone call from Virgin - he said it was the first call he'd done.

I was offered:

£149 activation fee
free installation

(So that sounds like £90 off the standard offering?)

12 month contract
28 days cooling off period

Installation this Wednesday (!)

I already pay £25.25/month for L (10meg) broadband. To add XL TV to this would be an extra £18/month, plus £3/month for Tivo. So £21/month for Tivo, and cable TV with HD.

I don't want a phone line so didn't get a price with that.
Old 31-01-2011, 23:41   #1380
fixerman
Inactive

Quote:
Yes! I was joking but I have to give first prize to HDFootyman. His is classic! Well done!
Closed Thread