Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Old 23-03-2013, 20:48   #1351
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Virgin should patent 'coming soon' and then advertise

For example: Sky - Believe In Better............Virgin - Coming Soon

geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2013, 22:38   #1352
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Um, just a random question, whilst watching videos(?), dvd's or Bluray and you miss a small section of the movie/tv show and you rewind past the point you last remembered, does anyone else miss the "jump forward" function TIVO has. Curse TIVO for being so damn useful:-/ Anyway, randomness over....carry on.....
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 10:09   #1353
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

How useful will it be? It requires an IP address for your TIVO device. Do they have one we can access?
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 10:12   #1354
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Some serious work is still needed on the EPG, our box recorded an old episode of Air Crash Investigation yesterday - which was not only marked as new, but also had a first aired date of 18/4/13!!

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 11:40   #1355
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Smile Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Some serious work is still needed on the EPG, our box recorded an old episode of Air Crash Investigation yesterday - which was not only marked as new, but also had a first aired date of 18/4/13!!

Cheers

Grim
Had the same problem, reported it to VM link here this was supplied by SP a while ago
Old 24-03-2013, 11:51   #1356
Londonbornpaddy
Inactive

Londonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enough

Just wondering if i am being thick or my Tivo is being deliberately annoying. Perhaps someone can help me.
I have a few things all recording on a Friday night around the 9pm time and i want to record the new JJ Abrams Revolution which is also on at the 9pm time on a friday. So i guessed it would be on later in the week i found another day ( Saturday ) and set the series link. Went into My Planned recordings and there it is - bang in the middle of the Friday set. I have my settings as New only. I even set up a few episodes to record separately then did a series link for Saturday and it still appears to want to record on Friday.
What am i doing wrong? or how can i fix it?
Thank you
Londonbornpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 13:05   #1357
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonbornpaddy View Post
You aren't doing anything wrong. It has decided there will be a tuner free on Friday so is planning to record it. If you go to Manage My Series Links and move Revolution below everything else on Friday, it will reschedule the recording to Saturday if there is a clash.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 13:05   #1358
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Just wondering if i am being thick or my Tivo is being deliberately annoying. Perhaps someone can help me.
I have a few things all recording on a Friday night around the 9pm time and i want to record the new JJ Abrams Revolution which is also on at the 9pm time on a friday. So i guessed it would be on later in the week i found another day ( Saturday ) and set the series link. Went into My Planned recordings and there it is - bang in the middle of the Friday set. I have my settings as New only. I even set up a few episodes to record separately then did a series link for Saturday and it still appears to want to record on Friday.
Thank you
Could you try lowering the priority of JJ Abrams Revolution (in Manage my Series Links) so that it sits below the other Friday recording links?
Old 24-03-2013, 13:11   #1359
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You aren't doing anything wrong. It has decided there will be a tuner free on Friday so is planning to record it. If you go to Manage My Series Links and move Revolution below everything else on Friday, it will reschedule the recording to Saturday if there is a clash.
If you make Revolution a lower priority and you've set it on Sky One HD will it reschedule on the same channel if it has a repeat or just record on the next airing which could be Sky 2 in SD ?
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 13:52   #1360
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
If you make Revolution a lower priority and you've set it on Sky One HD will it reschedule on the same channel if it has a repeat or just record on the next airing which could be Sky 2 in SD ?
Series Links stick to the channel you set them on as far as I'm aware.

It's Wishlists that use all channels
Old 24-03-2013, 22:22   #1361
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post

Cheers

Grim
The whole series of Parks and Recreation was wrong, it wasn't marked as New because it had already aired in the US and Virgin didn't correct it. The mistake continues into Season 2 as well.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2013, 22:30   #1362
Londonbornpaddy
Inactive

Londonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enoughLondonbornpaddy will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys - i already have the other series set at a higher priority.
I think the problem is that it IS technically possible but i think other things that also start or end at 9pm may get clipped - so to make sure there would none of that i tried to set it as a series link on the saturday showing.

Will have a play around a bit longer. I was just wondering if there is a way of specifically targeting a day to record on rather than when its first convenient for the Tivo
Londonbornpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 08:51   #1363
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

To prevent it clipping, go to Settings->Recordings->Overlap Proection, and set it to No. It will then reschedule the lowest-priority recording.

If you really want to force it to record on Saturday, tell it not to record episode 1 of the series link (or cancel the series entirely), and set a manual recording instead.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 15:00   #1364
scollie
cf.member

scollie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thank you
I had a similar problem with a series which was being shown on a Monday and would cause another program to be clipped. I saw that the series I wanted to record was also being shown on a Thursday and tried to set the recording for the Thursday but no matter what I did, it still set it up for the Monday.

In the end I waited until Tuesday and was then able to set the series link up for the Thursday and all following Thursdays.
scollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 15:04   #1365
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollie View Post
In the end I waited until Tuesday and was then able to set the series link up for the Thursday and all following Thursdays.
Are you sure? Have you checked?

TiVo will always record the first available showing of a program, assuming that the series link has sufficient priority.

The only reason that you created a series link that recorded the Thursday showing was that the Monday showing had already taken place and TiVo (obviously) couldn't record the Monday one. Check My Planned Progammes.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote