Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : Season 6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : Season 6

Old 09-05-2011, 17:14   #121
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Re: Doctor Who : Season 6

As a tribute to Elisabeth Sladen, her final classic-Who story is being shown tonight and tomorrow night on BBC 4

Doctor Who (Science Fiction Series)
Starting: 19:40 on Monday 9th May. Duration: 25 minutes
Showing on BBC 4 (107).

Starting: 20:05 on Monday 9th May. Duration: 25 minutes
Showing on BBC 4 (107).

Starting: 19:40 on Tuesday 10th May. Duration: 25 minutes
Showing on BBC 4 (107).

Starting: 20:05 on Tuesday 10th May. Duration: 25 minutes
Showing on BBC 4 (107).
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-05-2011, 20:12   #122
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Loved tonight's episode. Perfect balance between funny and scary.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 20:52   #123
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Much better than last week's pirate episode (as expected, as this week's was written by Neil Gaiman).

The Doctor was correct... The TARDIS *is* sexy
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 23:16   #124
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Another Excellent ep.

Suranne Jones is sexy as well..

Also, it was nice to see other areas of the Tardis, and I thought the old console room looked brilliant in HD.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 23:29   #125
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
...I thought the old console room looked brilliant in HD.
I didn't even see that that's what it was on first viewing; even though I knew it was due to be shown at some point in the season

Yes, a good ep. But then I liked last week's too
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 00:18   #126
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Anyone notice at the end of each episode The Doctor makes references to Life & Death

Tonight ''Being alive, best thing there is, being alive right now''

As the season goes on I think these will continue to point toward the doctor knowing his future which I'd agree with because there is stuff you just cant hide from the doctor
Old 15-05-2011, 13:25   #127
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

In complete contrast I thought it was the biggest load of old twaddle I have had the misfortune to nearly watch , giving up after 20 minutes.

I'm completely lost faith with the Smith and Gillam version of Who after last night's debacle and won't be wasting any more of my time trying to watch it.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 23:39   #128
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
In complete contrast I thought it was the biggest load of old twaddle I have had the misfortune to nearly watch , giving up after 20 minutes.

I'm completely lost faith with the Smith and Gillam version of Who after last night's debacle and won't be wasting any more of my time trying to watch it.
Can I ask why you dint like it?

I loved everything about it and it gave some interesting new takes on some classic Who stuff. Gaimann is a great writer and this episode was so well done.
Old 15-05-2011, 23:55   #129
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Can I ask why you dint like it?

I loved everything about it and it gave some interesting new takes on some classic Who stuff. Gaimann is a great writer and this episode was so well done.
Seemed more like a hammed up pantomime than scifi to me.

Anyway I just can't take anymore of Smith and Gillam. IMHO they are the worst Dr/Companion pair of all.

It was like a weight lifting from my shoulders when I removed the series link and deleted next weeks Ep. I should have done it ages ago but wrongly thought it might get better.

I glad you are enjoying it but it's just not for me.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 00:02   #130
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Each to their own I guess.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 00:12   #131
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

It's worth remembering that the original series could be quite variable. Some stories were good, some bad. This is something that a lot of people seem to forget, and something it has in common with the new series.

Another thing the old series did have in common with the new series is that some people always complained it wasn't as good as it used to be.

One thing I like about this episode is the way Neil Gaiman wrote it. He seems able, on occasion, to write in a style very similar to Douglas Adams (the Books, not the Hitchhikers TV series). There were parts of this story that felt almost as if Douglas Adams had written them (and at least one Douglas Adams reference if you can spot it).
Old 16-05-2011, 10:15   #132
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
There were parts of this story that felt almost as if Douglas Adams had written them (and at least one Douglas Adams reference if you can spot it).
hah i though it was just me, as soon as i heard the line i thought "restaurant".....

and yes one of my fav epps. IMO its up there with blink as one of the best "filler" epps and like blink beats many of the lesser storyline epps.
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 10:32   #133
Stuart
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman View Post
hah i though it was just me, as soon as i heard the line i thought "restaurant".....
Actually, I don't think I spotted that one.

I was thinking of where Idris said that she, as the TARDIS rarely got the Doctor to where he wanted to go, but always where he needed to be. Reminded me of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency where Dirk announced that his own navigation method rarely got him where he wanted to go, but always got him where he needed to be.
Old 16-05-2011, 15:15   #134
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Actually, I don't think I spotted that one.

I was thinking of where Idris said that she, as the TARDIS rarely got the Doctor to where he wanted to go, but always where he needed to be. Reminded me of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency where Dirk announced that his own navigation method rarely got him where he wanted to go, but always got him where he needed to be.
ah hah imissed that one.

The line i was mentioning was when they first left the tardis and Rory calls the planet "the scrayard at the end of the universe" as appose to the hitchikers sequal "The restaurant at the end of the universe"
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 15:21   #135
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

I'm not a DA fan but I did like the classic TV version of HHGGTG and thought the same thing as you. Didn't catch the other one though.

Loved the ep too. But then I like them all. I'm easily pleased
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote