Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2013, 11:48   #1321
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Let hope VM marked down every customer who cancelled but mentioned BT Sport and now phone them all back!
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2013, 11:48   #1322
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
I do like watching BT Sport on my free second box in lovely HD for a grand total of zilch.
Even though you no longer have a house?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post2620.html
Old 15-08-2013, 11:50   #1323
Jimi
Permanently Banned

Services: VM
Jimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friendsJimi doesn't have many friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakgirl View Post
Woah i should have come on earlier, only just found out via a tweet by digital spy
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...bt-sports.html
Tut tut,always use CF for the fastest info not DS.
Old 15-08-2013, 11:50   #1324
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catesby View Post
I don't see why some people are surprised at it being on XL. BT would have lost out on millions without giving it to Virgin and will be getting much more money on a guaranteed 3 year contract on the XL package than they would as a stand alone subscription, as well as the extra ad revenue from the additional viewers.

All the delays were purely to get as many customers to switch to BT as possible. Praise Virgin all you want but I reckon BT had them in the palm of their hands all along and probably got exactly what they wanted.
From what I hear not many jumped ship, the BT approach had too many potential challenges whichever route you took. Ie move to SKY and take BT broadband meant 2 bills no multi room for BT Sport, potentially poorer BB speed etc. If you went the full BT route, no additional outlet, less HD etc etc.

What they did get was 1 million sign ups to a free service, which isn't great in the scheme of things and that probably helped VM cut the deal which they did.

Old 15-08-2013, 11:50   #1325
Catesby
Inactive

Catesby is an unknown quantity at this point

Doug P,

Why would they have needed to climb down? They will have known that they needed more subs revenue and ad money right from the start. They will also have known that Virgin do not allow direct subs the way Sky do, allowing BT to take their details and try to sell them BB, so the benefit of a stand alone sub would not be there and would not gain anywhere near as much revenue for them.

They already managed to get plenty of people re-contracting or switching to BT BB so that part of the strategy worked to the extent it was ever going to. Fact remains the amount of money they paid for sports was not sustainable without wholesaling the product and they would have known this from the get go.
Old 15-08-2013, 11:50   #1326
RonSwanson
Inactive

RonSwanson is on a distinguished roadRonSwanson is on a distinguished road

Any Virgin customers who cancelled and didn't wait must be gutted now! Well done Virgin Media!!
Old 15-08-2013, 11:51   #1327
freakgirl
Inactive

Services: ntl digital/broadband
freakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nicefreakgirl is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to freakgirl

Virgin Tv Anywhere it will be on as well, is that even on android yet?
Old 15-08-2013, 11:51   #1328
si2008
Inactive

Services: tivo 1gb broadband 60mmb
si2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

well done virgin just logged on to check if we have bt sports and was greeted with this fantastic news...was worth holding on to my xl pacakage
Old 15-08-2013, 11:51   #1329
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

So glad BT Sport has finally arrived and all the doubts expressed by so many people have been put to rest. I am especially pleased to see the channels arrive in the XL pack (which I thought might happen but wasn't 100% sure) and with the HD channels as well. Good negotiating from VM there as BT would have been trying to extract a bit more for the HD channels.

As mentioned earlier, the next big thing will be Sky Atlantic. VM have been in negotiations with Sky over the extension to the Sky basics channels and Sky also want VM's agreement to take their new Sky Bravo channel. All of this, together with the recent Fibre deal done with Sky indicates that we should have a good negotiating scenario to acquire Sky Atlantic.

So it now seems to me that Sky Atlantic will appear on cable before Christmas, but to be honest it could be with us any time from now on.

For those of you who are interested in these things, the numbers for the new channels received today are:

529 ESPN
530 ESPN HD
547 BT Sport 1
548 BT Sport 2
549 BT Sport 1 HD
550 BT Sport 2 HD

Happy viewing everyone!
Old 15-08-2013, 11:56   #1330
Pinju
Inactive

Pinju is on a distinguished roadPinju is on a distinguished road

Super happy this has finally been sorted out. Well done VM, you played hardball and it paid off.

I have my beloved UFC back, as well as the Premiership. I had no other way of viewing UFC, at least there were many options with watching the football.

I knew those placeholders from yesterday were live tests, I knew it. You don't put that stuff up on a live site without it needing to be there.

What a week, personally!
Old 15-08-2013, 11:59   #1331
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Catesby, respect your post cannot agree. The deal reeks of VM holding out for either VIP or XL.

Brilliant day for VM customers and well done all who negotiated.
Old 15-08-2013, 12:03   #1332
BomberAF
Inactive

Services: Sky HD, VM 50Mb/s Broadband
BomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of lightBomberAF is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So glad BT Sport has finally arrived and all the doubts expressed by so many people have been put to rest. I am especially pleased to see the channels arrive in the XL pack (which I thought might happen but wasn't 100% sure) and with the HD channels as well. Good negotiating from VM there as BT would have been trying to extract a bit more for the HD channels.

As mentioned earlier, the next big thing will be Sky Atlantic. VM have been in negotiations with Sky over the extension to the Sky basics channels and Sky also want VM's agreement to take their new Sky Bravo channel. All of this, together with the recent Fibre deal done with Sky indicates that we should have a good negotiating scenario to acquire Sky Atlantic.

So it now seems to me that Sky Atlantic will appear on cable before Christmas, but to be honest it could be with us any time from now on.

For those of you who are interested in these things, the numbers for the new channels received today are:

529 ESPN
530 ESPN HD
547 BT Sport 1
548 BT Sport 2
549 BT Sport 1 HD
550 BT Sport 2 HD

Happy viewing everyone!
I told you so!!!!

And you all doubted me!!!

I was a bit after the date but I did say in XL!
Old 15-08-2013, 12:04   #1333
Catesby
Inactive

Catesby is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah well, we might never know who got the best deal out of it.

I think we can all agree that we're glad we have it though.

I was quite pleased to negotiate a £15p/m discount last month on the back of BT & Sky's offers as well. I think that most consumers have done pretty well out of it, whichever platform they're on.
Old 15-08-2013, 12:05   #1334
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberAF View Post
I told you so!!!!

And you all doubted me!!!

I was a bit after the date but I did say in XL!
We didn't all doubt you BAF just some of the timing!
Old 15-08-2013, 12:08   #1335
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

it's amazing how quiet those "we won't be getting it" people are now, have they all gone off to sulk at the fact we was right or at least prepared to see it out before whining that Virgin haven't done anything again .................

anyway all you Virgin haters
Closed Thread