Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.
Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2012, 13:42   #1306
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I'm assuming that was intentional

Yes it will. This is one of the nice things about Tivo and something that I do not think either the V+ or Sky+ do.

ETA:

To clarify... any SLs on the original, SD, channel or it's +1 will be fine. You will, of course, have to manually re-create any SLs if you want them on the HD variant.
Thank you can not say that HD is of any interest to me. TV is only 32" so really can not see the difference.
The Fact That TiVo can do this is a plus point, which makes a change ! However if you know ( and thats a BIG if) its no a real problem
Old 26-06-2012, 14:13   #1307
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Launch times for new channels confrimed.

Info from V+.
-Q will close at 6am next Tuesday - Box TV will broadcast ''Tellyshopping'' from 6am to 5pm - Then Heat TV will launch at 5pm on Virgin Channel 338.
-Ailbi HD will launch at 7am on Channel 131 next Tuesday.

Info from Radio Times.
-4seven will launch on Virgin Channel 195 next Wednesday at 7pm to 5am then everyday from around 9am to 5am.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 26-06-2012, 14:36   #1308
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Thank you can not say that HD is of any interest to me. TV is only 32" so really can not see the difference.
Mine's only a 37" and I can tell the difference; even with my bad eyesight!

Not that I care much myself either. I wouldn't not watch something just because it wasn't in HD
Old 26-06-2012, 14:41   #1309
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Mine's only a 37" and I can tell the difference; even with my bad eyesight!

Not that I care much myself either. I wouldn't not watch something just because it wasn't in HD
We as a family can not see the difference -The TV can`t be that good,Unless its just plain poor ! ( its an LG by the way)
Old 26-06-2012, 14:47   #1310
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Have you actually tried HD? Is your TV "full HD" capable?
Old 26-06-2012, 14:50   #1311
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
His TV only needs to be HD ready for HDTV on VM - as nothing is broadcast in 1080p from VM. At least the last time I checked.

Of course that's only for TV.
Old 26-06-2012, 15:07   #1312
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Oh, right. Yeah. Of course. My mistook
Old 26-06-2012, 15:35   #1313
piquet41
Inactive

Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
piquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about them

Hi. Rather than start a "Wimbledon" thread, does anyone know if its the BBCs' decision to only be showing 4streams this year instead of 6?

Thanks.
Old 26-06-2012, 15:48   #1314
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by piquet41 View Post
Hi. Rather than start a "Wimbledon" thread, does anyone know if its the BBCs' decision to only be showing 4streams this year instead of 6?

Thanks.
Right now the TiVo has 6 streams and the stream from BBC 1.
Old 26-06-2012, 16:24   #1315
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:

I have seen the later post , still you would have to explain that one to me. So in answer to your question.Leaving aside the later post . I have no idea what you are saying
Old 26-06-2012, 16:31   #1316
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Thanks.
It down to BBC I think.

In 2013 it will only be ONE stream for viewers not using TiVo.
Old 26-06-2012, 16:43   #1317
piquet41
Inactive

Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
piquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Right now the TiVo has 6 streams and the stream from BBC 1.
Ok then thanks. So I guess its VM who are choosing to only show 4 streams via the V+HD box is it? when you are still receiving 6 via TiVo.

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
It down to BBC I think.

In 2013 it will only be ONE stream for viewers not using TiVo.
Again MB that will be VMs choosing will it or the BBC? Seems were getting penalised for not have TiVo (again)
Old 26-06-2012, 16:51   #1318
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Ok then thanks. So I guess its VM who are choosing to only show 4 streams via the V+HD box is it? when you are still receiving 6 via TiVo.

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Again MB that will be VMs choosing will it or the BBC? Seems were getting penalised for not have TiVo (again)
Sky are only broadcasting 4 streams as well.

Info from BBC Sports web site:

Quote:
And the BBC Red Button will offer an alternative match on Freeview, up to four streams on Satellite, Cable and Freesat, plus a highlights service and replays of Today at Wimbledon.
Link not working on this post see post 1320 for link.
Old 26-06-2012, 16:53   #1319
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Some things you can see the difference between HD and SD. Golf for instance, you can all the contours on the course. And wildlife programmes are great in HD as well.
Old 26-06-2012, 16:59   #1320
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/16660418

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Quote:
You will need to ask an Virgin worker that.

But I do know that BBC are cutting the Red Button streams on Virgin (For viewers not on TiVo) and Sky down to one stream soon - After August 10th.
Closed Thread