Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 24-03-2015, 16:49   #1291
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

No, it is owned by my mum. Well according to her anyway, until it comes to things like this. Asked her before about replacing it and she has always been wait for it to go. I'm like yeah, it will break down on Christmas morning leaving me stuck.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2015, 18:19   #1292
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Sore feet, done a lot of walking today: Broadwater to Worthing station, Brighton station to up beyond Kemptown race course and then the return this afternoon. Total must be about 6-8 miles and very uphill down dale in Brighton. Glad to take the weight of my feet.

Yes I could have used busses or taxies as well but I like to save the money and the exercise is good for me so some say.
Old 24-03-2015, 19:16   #1293
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Excersise is great - I'm managing to push myself about in my chair now and it's definitely making me feel much better
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 20:00   #1294
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Just take every day as it comes dilli as a little reward is better then none l always say.
Old 25-03-2015, 21:11   #1295
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I cannot believe something as simple as a flat tyre has grounded my car to the driveway. Hubby went to change the wheel and swap it for the spare only for the wheel nut key to break. Looks like I will need to buy Locking Wheel Nut Key - Replacement.
http://www.vauxhallsuperstore.co.uk/...ent_Z16512-187
Old 26-03-2015, 09:50   #1296
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Always apply a bit of copper grease to your nuts it will stop them seizing.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 10:04   #1297
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Always apply a bit of copper grease to your nuts it will stop them seizing.

Making up Teriyaki marinade and I managed to break my garlic press this morning on a particularly recalcitrant clove. It's one of those cast ones and it just snapped and trapped the palm of my hand. Now have a spectacular blood blister.
Old 26-03-2015, 11:09   #1298
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Could be an interesting extra ingredient in your marinade
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 12:47   #1299
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Parking at our local hospital later.
Old 26-03-2015, 13:21   #1300
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My mum is having tests & scans at the Royal Free Hospital in London, it's cheaper and quicker for and my sister to go via the tube than drive as parking would cost them £15.

When she has to go in for surgery the same will be used, again as parking is limited and too expensive.

God knows how we are going to bring her home as I doubt they would like her using the tube, perhaps they'll bring her home for the 1-1/2 hour trip.

STAY AT HOME: I found out that mum will never walk again as the coronavirus attacked her nervous system. She died on September 30th.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 13:30   #1301
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Parking was terribly expensive when I was in hospital, I'm so glad I get transport for my appointments,
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2015, 16:36   #1302
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Well parking was as bad as we feared as it took us near on half hour to find a spot and thank god we left early as l would have never made the appointment on time else.
Old 27-03-2015, 23:42   #1303
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I cannot believe something as simple as a flat tyre has grounded my car to the driveway. Hubby went to change the wheel and swap it for the spare only for the wheel nut key to break. Looks like I will need to buy Locking Wheel Nut Key - Replacement.
http://www.vauxhallsuperstore.co.uk/...ent_Z16512-187
Joys of motoring Weenie
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 06:22   #1304
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Joys of motoring Weenie
Yes sadly there is always another expense on it just around the corner.
Old 28-03-2015, 07:32   #1305
rhyds
Inactive

Services: Plusnet Phone/BB, Freesat, VM Business BB (Cable)
rhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond reputerhyds has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with locking wheel nuts (Especially the really cheap and rubbish ones Rover uses) is that they're not really designed to take the full torque of tightening a wheel nut/bolt. You can try and lessen the chance of the key breaking by removing the locking nut/bolt first, then the other wheel bolts.

However, what guarantees that they break is that a number of "less than skilled" tyre fitters (especially at the national chains) just whizz up the nuts with an impact gun when changing the tyre, rather than using the correct procedure (that is wind the nuts in with the gun, but use a manual torque wrench to control final tightening)

Another fun part of wheel changing is when a car hasn't had copper grease smeared between the (usually alloy) wheel's rear face and the steel hub on the car. What this means is that the alloy electrolytically corrodes (essentially welds itself) to the hub. Removing the wheel then becomes very difficult, if not impossible, without heavy tools and a lot of swearing.
rhyds is offline   Reply With Quote